• Albrighton
    • Makoun
    • Reo-Coker
    • Herd
    • Bent
    • Delph (for Baker 33)
    • Pirès (for Reo-Coker 60)
    • Agbonlahor (for Albrighton 61)

Perhaps the 70% or so of voters in a Villatalk poll who wanted Houllier to stay will come on here and say that they were pleased with today's performance and result and that they have faith in Houllier.

Very childish comment.. it's like saying "I told you so".

The 70% of people including myself did it as said above in good faith, no one wants to see Villa fail hence people were giving him time in hope he will turn things around.

If I'd wanted to say "I told you so" then I would have said it. It's childish to call someone elses' comment childish.

No really it isn't, the same comments are plastered everywhere for a reason.. smug to say the least.

Went to the match, watched a load of shit and now letting my feelings be known.

I also went to the match, made my feelings known although I did it without the smugness and "told you so" attitude.

Aren't you the clever one then.

Perhaps the 70% or so of voters in a Villatalk poll who wanted Houllier to stay will come on here and say that they were pleased with today's performance and result and that they have faith in Houllier.

The 70% of people including myself did it as said above in good faith, no one wants to see Villa fail hence people were giving him time in hope he will turn things around.

If I'd wanted to say "I told you so" then I would have said it. It's childish to call someone elses' comment childish.

No really it isn't, the same comments are plastered everywhere for a reason.. smug to say the least.

I also went to the match, made my feelings known although I did it without the smugness and "told you so" attitude.

Clever? nah, just sensible.

Clever? nah, just sensible.

Well if being able to see that Houllier is not capable of getting us out of the shit long before others could see it makes me smug then I'll take being smug any day. Thank you and goodnight.

Poor. There was no spark to us today, I thought Young was our best player and the only one who (in his own slightly misguided way) looked like he cared. Bent hasn't impressed me, if we're playing one up front then that one should be the best man we have for the job at the club - and that's Gabby.

However, it seems churlish to try to pick out one thing though when there are so many things wrong - we played a back line with two midfielders in it, we brought on a sub that wouldn't get a game at any other Premiership club, we played our best winger through the middle and brought our best striker on to play on the wing - and you know what, that isn't even the problem.

The problem is confidence, passion, togetherness, pride - all of those words we use to describe the way in which people translate their talents into what they do, the feeling that they care about it - it should come from leadership, it can be achieved by fear, or through gentle growth - a player can be nurtured and inspired by the right manager to encourage all of the qualities we were missing today.

It's organisation too, the confidence that comes from knowing your job and knowing that the man next to you knows his - that's down to good coaching and experience - it's not visible in our performances.

We are a disjointed club, with unhappy fans transmitting their fears to unmotivated, detached players, a maelstrom with a hole at its centre where it's manager should be.

He has to go and he has to go now - I'd have MacDonald back in until we have a chance to get the right man and I'd start looking today. Let this Captain go down on someone else's ship.

Houllier out.

Poor. There was no spark to us today, I thought Young was our best player and the only one who (in his own slightly misguided way) looked like he cared. Bent hasn't impressed me, if we're playing one up front then that one should be the best man we have for the job at the club - and that's Gabby.

However, it seems churlish to try to pick out one thing though when there are so many things wrong - we played a back line with two midfielders in it, we brought on a sub that wouldn't get a game at any other Premiership club, we played our best winger through the middle and brought our best striker on to play on the wing - and you know what, that isn't even the problem.

The problem is confidence, passion, togetherness, pride - all of those words we use to describe the way in which people translate their talents into what they do, the feeling that they care about it - it should come from leadership, it can be achieved by fear, or through gentle growth - a player can be nurtured and inspired by the right manager to encourage all of the qualities we were missing today.

It's organisation too, the confidence that comes from knowing your job and knowing that the man next to you knows his - that's down to good coaching and experience - it's not visible in our performances.

We are a disjointed club, with unhappy fans transmitting their fears to unmotivated, detached players, a maelstrom with a hole at its centre where it's manager should be.

He has to go and he has to go now - I'd have MacDonald back in until we have a chance to get the right man and I'd start looking today. Let this Captain go down on someone else's ship.

Houllier out.

Totally agree. Been like it for months.

Only NOT Mcdonald - that is where it all started to go wrong in the first place - he is NOT a Prem Manager.

ANY currently unemployed Premiership Maager will give us a chance, wheras GH gives us none.

Houllier out.

Agree with almost all of that apart from the last paragraph about MacDonald.

Houllier has to go - the Holte has turned.

Houllier out.

Agree with almost all of that apart from the last paragraph about MacDonald.

Houllier has to go - the Holte has turned.

It's not just the Holte that has turned. There was serious discontent and negative chants from all sections of the ground today.

Houllier out.

Terrible performance.

Defence wasn't the problem today. Ok we gave a sloppy goal away again, but the problem today was the complete lack of creativity going forward.

Wolves didn't play well. They didn't have to.

Couple of things though, whilst I completely understand the animosity shown towards Houllier, I for one thought bringing Albrighton off was completely the right decision.

I was genuinely surprised by the crowd's reaction when he was brought off. Everyone wanted Gabby on, and Albrighton seemed the natural choice. he wasn't very productive today. The mistake was not going 4-4-2 straight away. We should have done that before the 80th minute when he finally changed it.

But it's getting harder and harder to see Houllier turning this around. On the one hand I still have this feeling that if we get to next season we'll have a much better go at things.

But on the other hand it's getting genuinely hard to see us reaching next season, and if we do and nothing's changed from this season, we'll have to write off a whole other season.

One thing's for sure though, if he goes, i don't want KMac in. He was crao and we'd be in as much trouble as we are now with him at the helm.

One more quite random thing, it may have already been mentioned, but did anyone notice Kevin Doyle standing about 20 yards offside for every single one of their goal kicks, and then coming back and challenging for the header. Not once was he called offside.Really annoyed me!

Well if being able to see that Houllier is not capable of getting us out of the shit long before others could see it makes me smug then I'll take being smug any day. Thank you and goodnight.

So you admit it's a "I told you so" message yes?

If it makes you so happy to think that it is an 'I told you so' message then have it as just that. I really don't give a flying ****.

If it makes you so happy to think that it is an 'I told you so' message then have it as just that. I really don't give a flying ****.

I take that as a yes then.

If Albrighton hadn't been subbed, most people on here wouldn't be calling him man of the match. He had an OK game up to then, better than Young but not as good as Downing.

I thought the starting line up was as good as we could expect. Herd did ok in the centre. And Baker was bad but Delph ok.

The main problem was that a lot of our attacks were going ok then ended up with Young who slowed it down and lost it or played a poor pass. He picked up a bit for about 10 minutes (at about 70 - 80 min in) when he went wide on the left but overall was very poor. We also played too many crosses straight into the hand of their keeper.

NRC was unlucky to be subbed and I thought that substitution could have cost us near the end if wolves had been more adventurous. As soon as he went off we had loads of holes at the back.

Take it as whatever you like. You are obviously one of those people who have to be right all of the time and keep on and on until you get the answer that suits you.

I have defended Gerard Houllier since he came to the club in September, but today made me realise that he has actually lost it, or just never had it in the first place. You won't find me singing anti-Houllier songs at matches as I believe supporting the players is the thing to do. I can't remember the last season we had that was as catastrophic as this one both on and off the pitch combined. It is evident that the players have no faith/respect in the management team as today it was clear there was very little confidence or spirit shown from our players, as a life-long supporter who has spent large amounts of money following this club it saddens me to see our name Aston Villa being dragged down into the gutter.

Take it as whatever you like. You are obviously one of those people who have to be right all of the time and keep on and on until you get the answer that suits you.

And you don't? :lol:

Defeat. At home. To Wolves.

It doesn't get much worse than that. What the **** is in the idea of bringing Pires on? I have never had any faith in Houllier and the only way he is getting his p45 is relegation. Randy has backed him and will stick with him until the summer (at least). I really fear for us at the moment.

I have defended Gerard Houllier since he came to the club in September, but today made me realise that he has actually lost it, or just never had it in the first place. You won't find me singing anti-Houllier songs at matches as I believe supporting the players is the thing to do. I can't remember the last season we had that was as catastrophic as this one both on and off the pitch combined. It is evident that the players have no faith/respect in the management team as today it was clear there was very little confidence or spirit shown from our players, as a life-long supporter who has spent large amounts of money following this club it saddens me to see our name Aston Villa being dragged down into the gutter.

Glad that you have seen the light. The managers inabilities are rubbing off on the players and it is the fans that will suffer if Houllier is allowed to continue.

Â