Promising Young Players

Qwpzxjor1

How many of the current England team are world class?

the current 1st xi? 1 (ashley cole)

Have you ever stopped for a minute and thought that given we've only got one current international world class, probably the last 10 years at one single time, most we've ever had is 2/3 at a single time. That we aren't going to get 15/20 world class players in the space of the next 5/6 years like you seem to believe.

One game for an under 18's team and a player is 'potential world class'...yet Wayne Rooney in your opinion (fair enough) isn't world class, but by the age of 16, was scoring in the Premiership and at 18, was England's best player at a major tournament.

Can understand if you don't think Rooney is world class but look at what he achieved and then look at what these supposed potential world class stars have achieved.

Surely you must realise you have to be pretty special to be world class?

one game for an under 18's team doesn't make someone potential world class.

i said potentially they will be world class, i am well aware that not all of the players that i said could be world class will be world class, if 3 or 4 of the players i mentioned become world class, we'll have a pretty good team, no?

Just watching England vs Turkey for Euro qualifiers back in 2003/04, now Rooney was a player then. Think that was our best team we've had for a while and possibly had Rooney not gone off vs Portugal, we'd of possibly come close if not won that competition. Greece won it, I think we would have.

Gerrard, Scholes, Beckham, Rooney, Owen, Campbell, Ferdinand, Neville... Look at our team now and it's so much weaker.

DENISS RAKELS

Deniss_Rakels-AFI.jpg

Teenage Latvian wunderkind, his 18 goals in 26 games for FK Liepājas* Metalurgs caught the attention of a host of European clubs last year (including the likes of Rubin Kazan and Werder Bremen). Zagłębie Lubin decided to take the plunge in January, will be interesting to see if he can fulfill his undoubted potential.

*I don't know how to pronounce that either.

Exactly, so many players don't make it so usually it makes sense for younger players to earn as much money as they can early on in their careers just in case. It's a shame it's that way as so many players don't fulfill their potential because of this. It's all about taking risks and making the right choices.

Scratch that...

SERGHEI GHEORGHIEV

1601213_w2.jpg

19 year old mainstay in the heart of midfield for Moldovan champions FC Sheriff, having broken into the first-team last season with a string of commanding performances. His continued form this year has seen him rewarded with a call up to the national squad.

Â