Should Houllier Stay or Go? (New topic, new poll options)

bickster

Should Houllier Stay or Go?  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Should Houllier Stay or Go?

• Should Stay
    • Should Go Now
    • Should Go at the End of the Season.

If he makes it to the end of the season (which I think he will), and we stay up (which I think we will), he won't be sacked in the summer.

I'm happy to give him the first 2 months of next season. He'll have had 2 windows to get players in, he'll have had nearly a whole season to get the team playing "his way", and he'll have had a whole pre-season to work with the squad and settle them.

If after all that we're still around the position we are now, he should definitely go.

Until then, I remain behind him.

Should go now, he's causing more damage by staying and I fear he'll take us down, should never have got the job in the first place as he's to old and past it. A useless manager.

With nine games left, who could we get to replace him, and how will the squad react to that person?

Sorry, but as much as i want a new gaffer, doing that now is riskier than leaving him there till the end of the season.

Stay, he has unbelievable swing in transfer markets, he needs time, and I'm not talking 6 months - he's inherited our bad habits of failing to kill of games and fading in matches at the moment.

He will be heavily backed in the summer too, if you thought Darren Bent was a coup.

Would like him to stay but if he were to go I would like us to go for one of Coyle, Moyes or Jol. The usual suspects I know but all have relative success at their clubs/ex-clubs in Jol's case and I think would get us playing well and defending again.

However I do strongly believe that the real problem is Gary McAllister. Can we have a poll on him?

I voted for the end of the season. I don't think we'll finish top 10 and that's terrible given the resources that's been handed to him. The board has backed him and gave him a very generous 30m, yet there's still no signs of us moving anywhere fast.

There's also the fact he'll repeat what he did against Man City (said so himself) if he were to challenge for something in the league next season. Top 10 next possibly, big wow.

But I feel as those he should stay at the end because it's too late to be messing around now. He would really have to screw up big time to send us down.

I would keep Ged and review in the summer.

I would love to see Ged moved upstairs as a DoF, allowing us to utilise his strong network and player contacts, and a young manager/head coach bought in to work alongside him - Owen Coyle, Billy Davies or someone of that ilk.

Should go now, he's causing more damage by staying and I fear he'll take us down, should never have got the job in the first place as he's to old and past it. A useless manager.

With nine games left, who could we get to replace him, and how will the squad react to that person?

Sorry, but as much as i want a new gaffer, doing that now is riskier than leaving him there till the end of the season.

I don't think it is necessarily. It's a close call though. Right now I'm not sure anyone who came in could do much worse, and we might at least get a new manager bounce to see us to safety.

If he actually does end up taking us down (relatively unlikely but still quite possible right now) I'm sure there will be a fair few people wishing he'd left now.

If he makes it to the end of the season (which I think he will), and we stay up (which I think we will), he won't be sacked in the summer.

I'm happy to give him the first 2 months of next season. He'll have had 2 windows to get players in, he'll have had nearly a whole season to get the team playing "his way", and he'll have had a whole pre-season to work with the squad and settle them.

If after all that we're still around the position we are now, he should definitely go.

This would be my position although I've already said that I expect the next few games to have good results. If we escape by the skin of our teeth rather than being comfortable then I might not give him the summer window.

However I do strongly believe that the real problem is Gary McAllister. Can we have a poll on him?

Why should a no.2 take more stick than the manager? :confused:

Not saying McAllistair is any good or not - as i don't know tbh.

But how can you blame a no.2 rather than the manager?? :confused:

This would be my position although I've already said that I expect the next few games to have good results. If we escape by the skin of our teeth rather than being comfortable then I might not give him the summer window.

Yeh, I'd probably feel the same.

But I just don't think if he makes it to the summer he'll then be sacked. I could be wrong, but if he makes it that far I think he'll be given the start of next season before he's sacked.

Â