Alan Hutton

Rich_D

The 3rd goal is Darren Bent full stop. END of. How anyone can disagree is beyond me. Hes not running back because hes crapping himself we have no right back. Hes running back because thats what he bloody should do after a pathetic attempt to challenge for the ball just inside the Arsenal half. However, what any striker/player with half a brain would do, would be to NOT dive in, schoolboy stuff. Was a simply awful bit of play and I fail to see how anyone can ignore that.
Well that's just where we differ. IMO he IS running back because he's crapping himself we have no RB there. Yes, it's what he should do, but it's what he wouldn't have to do if Hutton didn't go missing. While it was a foul, 'awful' is overstating it... a couple of inches faster minimises the contact and it's a very good tackle. Stupid to go for in the first place, but he saw Koscielny (not RVP, my mistake) running down a big hole in our side, towards a nervy CB. That situation didn't have to happen in the first place, but it did because of Hutton.

The 3rd goal is Darren Bent full stop. END of. How anyone can disagree is beyond me. Hes not running back because hes crapping himself we have no right back. Hes running back because thats what he bloody should do after a pathetic attempt to challenge for the ball just inside the Arsenal half. However, what any striker/player with half a brain would do, would be to NOT dive in, schoolboy stuff. Was a simply awful bit of play and I fail to see how anyone can ignore that.
Well that's just where we differ. IMO he IS running back because he's crapping himself we have no RB there. Yes, it's what he should do, but it's what he wouldn't have to do if Hutton didn't go missing. While it was a foul, 'awful' is overstating it... a couple of inches faster minimises the contact and it's a very good tackle. Stupid to go for in the first place, but he saw Koscielny (not RVP, my mistake) running down a big hole in our side, towards a nervy CB. That situation didn't have to happen in the first place, but it did because of Hutton.

Thats fair enough if we disagree. You see it very differently in that I dont believe Koscielny should have ever been allowed to start the run in the first place. I put that down to Bent and his poor attempt to challenge for the ball that came towards him and Koscielny just past the half way line.

So our striker is meant tO track back a let winger running into space where a right back should be?

Are you being serious?

Tell you what Given should play sweeper and Dunne should be able to do thirty yard long passes towards gabby and albrighton

So our striker is meant tO track back a let winger running into space where a right back should be?

Are you being serious?

Tell you what Given should play sweeper and Dunne should be able to do thirty yard long passes towards gabby and albrighton

The Ironic thing about the Dunne comment is that he tries. They all do and end up giving the ball back 95% out of the time.

Well yes that is true.

I don't think our defence is capable of building from the back.

Our defence was there to clear danger and defend. When we had Milner their job was even easier. With young a well as an attacking Petrov we had creativity in midfield which didn't need defenders to build from the back.

Now we have a lack of creativity apart from an ever improving Ireland and the up and down Albrighton and McLeish is trying to fit square pegs into round holes I he thinks our back four are going to exone Barcelona.

Bizarrely our best player at this is Warnock thing is he can't tackle so his main job... He cannot do properly.

We need a back four Of two good strong defenders in the middle with one heluva DM.

That means you can rely in two full backs tO really push forward and attack.

The fact that we do not have a decen DM means our back four are very busy. And kept even busier by the fact we cannot hold onto possession and put teams on the back foot in midfield

Give it a **** break. Yes it was a poor challenge but that's not his job, if he hadn't tracked back you would be complaining too.

Exactly and he tracked back half expecting Hutton to actually do his job. He is there to support the RB yes but not do his job.

I don't see warnock or Hutton busting a gut to get I. The end of a cross to score and help Bent out.

If Hutton is even average he wouldn't need such a huge amount of cover to do his job.

Who plays left wing and lb for qpr? Cos I hope they are bloody shit if Hutton plays

Hutton should have cleared better for the second but he shouldn't have had to. Warnock sat down before chasing Walcott into the box.

Not surprised at the third. Hutton gave "his man" to the defending forward more than once in that match The guy is utter Shiite, same as Warnock.

Hutton is still an awful player who shouldn't be playing for Aston Villa.

We need to either move Cuellar to RB or wait for Herd to come back...somehow I think McLeish will persist with playing Hutton though which is costing us.

Oh dear, as predicted by quite a few, this has been a shocking signing. I honestly think a lot of the players in the team, playing out of position at right back would do a better job than him. Warnock also, shocking. Had a 20 minute spell where he was doing alright. I just hope these 2 or even 1 of them, are not our long term full backs now. Our whole back four has needed a good luck at for some time now. Quite happy with what we got in the rest of the squad.

Cuellar can defend better than warnock and Hutton no question. His problem is going forward.

Yes, but it's not really like Hutton and Warnock are any better at going forward than they are at defending...

Ideally, a full back should be good at both. That doesn't happen very often, but at the very least they should be good at at least one of the two.

A fullback should be a defender first. Yes in a perfect world they'd all attack like Cafu too. But give me a fullback that defends like Maldini and never crosses the halfway line, than one that attacks like Ronaldo and defends like Hutton.

4 million.... wont be the first time redknapp has robbed us for millions of pounds

No way is he a premierleague standard player ship him off to the SPL or the championship get Warnock out as well complete and utter liability the both of them

Â