Alan Hutton

Rich_D

You must of only been born yesterday if you think some managers dont have favourites.

then why did Houllier not play him last season when Young and Cuellar was out

Because Houllier was building. There was no future in playing a 31 yr old average RB, whereas playing Walker, (and trying to sign him) or Lichaj was something Villa could benefit from in future seasons..

So then where's the future in playing a 32 year old average RB over a 25 year old RB who showed great glimpses of potential earlier in his career under his current gaffer? To quote you from another thread, McLeish can obviously see things in Hutton that Redknapp didn't know about, and surely that's got to be down to McLeish's ability as a coach.

You must of only been born yesterday if you think some managers dont have favourites.

then why did Houllier not play him last season when Young and Cuellar was out

Because Houllier was building. There was no future in playing a 31 yr old average RB, whereas playing Walker, (and trying to sign him) or Lichaj was something Villa could benefit from in future seasons..

So then where's the future in playing a 32 year old average RB over a 25 year old RB who showed great glimpses of potential earlier in his career under his current gaffer? To quote you from another thread, McLeish can obviously see things in Hutton that Redknapp didn't know about, and surely that's got to be down to McLeish's ability as a coach.

There isnt a future in playing Beye over Hutton...But the question must be asked;

Why did we spend 4m and 30-40k per week on another RB who isnt much better than what we already have? Especially when we have the club saying that we have to be careful with money?

Now we have him, I agree that at 25 years old and on 4 year contract that he should play ahead of Beye 32 yrs old last year of his contract...I just dont understand the logic in signing such player in the 1st place..

I hope Eric Lichaj can get a run at RB. He looked good at Leeds and looked good in all but one of his games in a Villa shirt. That game was also against City so I think he deserves a shout considering how poor Hutton has been.

I hope Eric Lichaj can get a run at RB. He looked good at Leeds and looked good in all but one of his games in a Villa shirt. That game was also against City so I think he deserves a shout considering how poor Hutton has been.

Isn't going to happen unless Hutton gets injured though!

Even then I think AM would play Cuellar rather than Lichaj?

Hutton is a dodgy defender that isn't even good going forward. A waste of 4m! However he is here and playing so we are stuck with him for the foreseeable so it seems.

I actually think Hutton will be fine and a good player for us. But hey thats me, I´m positive you know, hell I even like Mcleish....

Blasphemy!!!

Wash out your mouth with soap nad water young man and think what you are posting and where!!!! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
wasnt just a horrible tackle but was just stupid.

though he did put in a wonderful cross that nobody even tried to attack

That pretty much sums him up, reckless and thoughtless defender who is decent going forward and at putting a ball in.

His final ball is crap 9 times out of 10 despite getting into some wonderful advanced positions.

wasnt just a horrible tackle but was just stupid.

though he did put in a wonderful cross that nobody even tried to attack

That pretty much sums him up, reckless and thoughtless defender who is decent going forward and at putting a ball in.

His final ball is crap 9 times out of 10 despite getting into some wonderful advanced positions.

This idiot is going to seriously injure and end someone's career very soon. How he has not been red carded is beyond me? Poor quality player and a waste of 4m.

I think the hatred on here and the perception of Hutton is a bit OTT.

Yes he hasnt been great and at times poor, but I dont really see why people think he played badly yesterday.

He made one stupid challenge and got skinned once by a very good player in Scott Sinclair but overall he kept Sinclair very quiet and I can guarantee not many right backs will do that. He also put in and won more tackles than any of the back line.

We have much bigger problems the way Heskey limits our side, that Collins is prone to several errors per game that aften leads to a goal. That when Delph plays he has no first touch and to say he was crab like yesterday is being kind. That Bent cant seem to stay on side and when he does his finishing hasnt been as good as it normally is.

Â