Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Downing has been absolutely brilliantly at coming inside. Him and Walker have ripped them apart down our right.

Unfortunately, any cross with his right foot has just gone to nowhere. Bent must be quite frustrated.

Agreed entirely. Downing has looked classy on the ball. However, as you say, his crossing has been poor.

That sitter from Downing was almost unforgivable. Perfect angle for his left foot. I expect much much better. As far the defense goes.. just typical really. I'm now actually that wary I can see us going 2-1 up just to be **** over from ANOTHER corner I'd rather it stay at 1-1. Sick of it.

Good to see Gabby scoring, if he gets some confidence together and Bent and Young keep sharp then I can see us outscoring these. I've a feeling we'll need to score four to win it - would have been nice if Downing had taken one of his chances, but given what we created in the first half, there's no reason to think we can't add goals in the second half.

Downing has been absolutely brilliantly at coming inside. Him and Walker have ripped them apart down our right.

Unfortunately, any cross with his right foot has just gone to nowhere. Bent must be quite frustrated.

Thats the problem, Downing is awful crosser of the ball, with any feet.

Marc is the best at the club.

I think we might see him if its still 1-1 after 60mins

I think Bent could do with working harder actually. Their defence really isn't all that great and if Bent shows a bit more urgency we can get Makoun to feed Young, Bent or Downing through the middle and get more chances to test Kingson. The service to Bent hasn't been good in the first half, but he hasn't looked particularly lively to me yet.

I think Bent could do with working harder actually. Their defence really isn't all that great and if Bent shows a bit more urgency we can get Makoun to feed Young, Bent or Downing through the middle and get more chances to test Kingson. The service to Bent hasn't been good in the first half, but he hasn't looked particularly lively to me yet.

He needs service to look lively. He can't run around like a headless chicken.

Sometimes a manager has to make do till he can get what he wants and maybe he wants pace on the left but without losing Ash in the middle and if you are moaning about Gabby not crossing, Downing has been worse for a genuine winger.
Downing has done better than Gabby this half. It shouldn't be necessary to point out that Downing is also being played out of position on his weaker foot on the right. Ash is a right footed winger who likes to play the left but he does more there than just cut back, he also attacks his man. None of these three are in their best positions.

Gabby played really well there first 45 mins, I am not going to bash him or the decision to play him there today because it has worked!
I take issue with the fact that Gabby's done 'really well', he's done okay but was massively lucky with a poor finish for the goal. If the defender had cleared it off the line as he should have done rather than done a donkey-on-ice impression, we'd be calling for Gabby to be crucified right now. The build up play was the best thing about the goal, credit to Makoun and Bent.

Thats the problem, Downing is awful crosser of the ball, with any feet.

Marc is the best at the club.

I think we might see him if its still 1-1 after 60mins

I disagree, his crossing on his left foot is good, his crossing on his right is very hit and miss but i remember him having 2 assists this season with crosses on his right.

If Downing could cross and had a right foot we would be up 3 easily, defense is a joke from set pieces though.

So why don't we try him on the left then?

I think him and Ashley swapping wings makes sense.

Wow, Charlie Adam really is a fat prick or a poor mans Gareth Barry if you like.

You mean the guy that put the wicked corner in for the goal and has generally done well 1st half??

There has to be more to a player than there corners you know... :lol:

He's a good player, I've seen enough of him to know that. he didn't just put in that corner, he put 2 very good balls in that could've ended up in the net.

hasn't been great today, but has played well enough in a poor team.