The Arab Spring and "the War on Terror"

legov

The only solution to this problem will be when one side ceases to exist or both sides change into something new. There's no will for either side to give up their idiocy, so I suspect that in a decade there will only be Israel and a whole lot of displaced people looking for a place to settle after a sustained campaign to remove them from the world. Sound familiar doesn't it?

I have an idea, Scotland wants independence so before we give it to them lets divide it in two and give half of it to the Palestinians. 

Surely that would solve the problem?

The only solution to this problem will be when one side ceases to exist or both sides change into something new. There's no will for either side to give up their idiocy, so I suspect that in a decade there will only be Israel and a whole lot of displaced people looking for a place to settle after a sustained campaign to remove them from the world. Sound familiar doesn't it?

I have an idea, Scotland wants independence so before we give it to them lets divide it in two and give half of it to the Palestinians. 

No, give it to the zionists. What have Palestinians done to deserve living in cold and rainy Scotland??

but wasn't the ban brought about by Douglas Herd so more likley to have been mid to late 80's to the 90's

Yes, that was the timescale. But it was Thatcher's decision - the origin of the famously stupid phrase "we must deny them the oxygen of publicity".

I can imagine " Hitler" Hurd (his school nickname) and others looking very uncomfortable as this was announced. They know that government control of our media is meant to be exercised in a rather more subtle way than this. It's not meant to be easily apparent.

No, give it to the zionists. What have Palestinians done to deserve living in cold and rainy Scotland??

Well they didn't buy jet ski's and banana boat rides for their coast line to attract tourists so I think being moved to Scotland is just.

Well they didn't buy jet ski's and banana boat rides for their coast line to attract tourists so I think being moved to Scotland is just.

No thanks. Zionists not welcome here. Their attitudes are about the polar opposite of most thinking people in Scotland, whether pro or anti independence. Rigid, narrow-minded, racist, smug, violent...since the US is so keen on supporting them, maybe they should go there?
  • Like 3

No thanks. Zionists not welcome here. Their attitudes are about the polar opposite of most thinking people in Scotland, whether pro or anti independence. Rigid, narrow-minded, racist, smug, violent...since the US is so keen on supporting them, maybe they should go there?

I always thought Florida woud be a good solution? ...

Edited by AVFCforever1991

I always thought Florida woud be a good solution? ...

Hmmm, the state where people are sucked into sinkholes in their sleep, where the land is flooding though developers keep building as though it isn't happening? Yes, I can see some parallels there.

AIPAC have a vise grip on the balls of just about every US senator, it's a total disgrace. 

Somehow they've convinced these pols that Israel is entitled to an annual gift of $50 billion from American taxpayers.

Sickening.

AIPAC have a vise grip on the balls of just about every US senator, it's a total disgrace. 

Somehow they've convinced these pols that Israel is entitled to an annual gift of $50 billion from American taxpayers.

Sickening.

I think its quite a bit more than that, in fact. They have lied about expenditure on anything vaguely related to "security" (ie protecting moneyed interests and compliant chums) for many decades. The press don't care to expose it.

Release the Glarbots!

Before accusing me - you can go over the responses here. The discussion went from "The Israelis are bad" to "the problem is the Jews". My so-called automatic responses? Israel accepted cease fire conditions which Hamas refused. Hamas ceasefire conditions relate, mostly to Egypt (open Rafah border), Qatar and Abu Mazen (transfer the salaries for the Hamas employees in the Gaza Strip). Still, the rockets are aimed at Israel, as the Hamas knows that if the Egyptian army will get into battle - Gaza will be no more.

The entire western world supports Israel up to this point, including the war crazy maniacs of Canada and France - but people here point the fingers at "the Jews" and the "Jewish control" of the USA, talking about "AIPAC", completely ignoring the strong left wing "J Street".

God bless the Jews - they give you all someone to put the blame on.

This is appalling. 

The discussion went from "The Israelis are bad" to "the problem is the Jews"......people here point the fingers at "the Jews" ....God bless the Jews - they give you all someone to put the blame on.

This is appalling.

er, except that what you wrote and I have quoted is entirely untrue. You are making accusations of racism/antisemitism without the slightest valid* reason to do so.

*Defending the indefensible is not a valid reason

• Like 1

It's a standard part of pro-Israeli online trolling to seek to equate opposition to this bloody massacre, with antisemitism. Not the first time, won't be the last. There is a repertoire of responses to make, and this is a firm favorite. It's an attempt to confuse the issue, change the focus, generate doubt, create hesitation in condemning this slaughter.

• Like 3

Scroll up a couple of entries, catch the entries of "the racist and violent Zionists", continuing with the claim they are already in control over the USA. Who is in control? the "Zionists"?

Pretty much has Congress locked down with soft money.

I have usually been supportive to the idea that the state of Israel have to be able to defend themselves from a group that has clearly said that Israel must cease to exist in its charter.

But Israel has in the last years made it impossible to support them. The retaliations to the terror attacks through rockets are just too heavy compared to the damage that the Hamas rockets make.

Â