Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

What are you going on about? Have you never seen a foreign player settle into the english league before? It happens alot when a player from another country tries to get to grips with the english game and pace.

I remember Essien made some dreadful tackles in his first few months in England

What are you going on about? Have you never seen a foreign player settle into the english league before? It happens alot when a player from another country tries to get to grips with the english game and pace.

I remember Essien made some dreadful tackles in his first few months in England

Essien has made some dreadful tackles eva since his first few months in England.

ive already seen in three games that makoun is far better than berson was cant see where thats coming from? some of his movement and first touch passing is outstanding
I have to agree with you Dem. From what I remember of Berson he needed a lot of protection in the midfield and we couldn't give him that. Makoun has done more than enough to show he is a better player (he's able to hold his own for a start) albeit if there are similarities between the move from a foreign league. People want foreign players, you have to accept they need time to adapt - case in point Michael Essien. I think Makoun would also perform well with a destroyer next to him who does the mopping up.

Makoun has had 4 games and in that time has shown us he is more than capable at many aspects of the game.. which is more than one can say for a certain James Milner when he first joined.

ive already seen in three games that makoun is far better than berson was cant see where thats coming from? some of his movement and first touch passing is outstanding

I think we've all seen he's head and shoulders above any of our current or recent central midfielders. And he's not even up to speed yet

Who was the last midfielder we had that was so comfortable taking and laying off the ball with one touch rather than taking an age to move it on?

He knows where he's going to pass it even before he's received it.

The only downside is he's too quick thinking for half our lot at the moment. hopefully they'll learn as they play alongside him more

Makoun has shown himself to be a really top notch player in the short time he has been with us. Some of his play really shows he has played at a higher level than us and this backs up the comments made before he came of his experience and champions league etc etc etc.

Which is why the "tackle" on Saturday was so disappointing as you would think a player of his level would not have made it really and which is why I agree with woodytom.

For me it cannot be excused with "he needs time to settle"

Makoun has shown himself to be a really top notch player in the short time he has been with us. Some of his play really shows he has played at a higher level than us and this backs up the comments made before he came of his experience and champions league etc etc etc.

Which is why the "tackle" on Saturday was so disappointing as you would think a player of his level would not have made it really and which is why I agree with woodytom.

I see your point, however, just because someone is a quality player, has so much experience, has and still can play at a better level he is doing, it does not mean that he can not have 1 bad second during a match.

It happened, it shouldn't have happened. Lets all move on eh?

His first time stuff often catches the others out where they're just not ready for the ball or not expecting it.

Regarding the tackle, I would say it was a red but I've seen a lot worse. Essien, Keane and Fabregas amoungst others all have a mean streak to varying degrees. I'm not comparing him with those and I dont think he's in that bracket but I'm not unhappy he has that side to him.

So what if he isn't as good in the tackle as NRC, he's a better passer than Petrov, moves the ball forwards more than Petrov. His passing is faster, shorter and better thought out than Petrovs and he doesn't try and slow down the game and always try and draw fouls from the opposition like Petrov. Yes he's Black. Doesn't mean he has to be a replacement for NRC.

Work It

Make It

Do It

Makes Us

Harder

Better

Faster

Stronger

More Than

Hour

Our

Never

Ever

After

Work is

Over

daft_punk.jpg

His first time stuff often catches the others out where they're just not ready for the ball or not expecting it.

Regarding the tackle, I would say it was a red but I've seen a lot worse. Essien, Keane and Fabregas amoungst others all have a mean streak to varying degrees. I'm not comparing him with those and I dont think he's in that bracket but I'm not unhappy he has that side to him.

It wasn't as dangerous as I first thought, but a definite red. I think it was pure frustration. It was such a quick, scrappy game and he wasn't getting much time to settle on the ball. Hopefully it doesn't happen too often.

Â