Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

It's a good job he didn't play for Cameroon as the pitch they're playing on looks like a Rugby pitch...Sunday league teams wouldn't like to play on that pitch either I wouldn't think.

Oi pipe down, rugby pitches are good quality too.

I hope we don't become too dependent on him since this time next year he'll be off at the African Nations Cup. Hopefully Bannan/Delph will grow into much the same role and the three will be interchangeable.

No problem - we'll just tell the Cameroon FA he is injured and then put Salifou's name back on his shirt and keep playing him.

If Sparta Pargue can do it...

anyone know where i can get a makoun-esque sweater on the high street in all the usual stores? want a sleeveless one for pub golf tomorrow. help would be much appreciated!

Try a charity shop in a town full of golf courses. In fact I've just described where I live… off down the shops this afternoon :mrgreen:

Everyone who was claiming that Makoun is player like NRC were completely out of football knowledge. His strengths are not as required for playing DMC. His strengths were/are passing, creativity and vision. In France, his stamina was enough to be box-to-box there, but just not enough for PL yet. You will see that he will be our either best creative or box-to-box player (he needs to gain more fitness to accomodate PL). My prediction is the first option - he will be our best creative player in MC position.

They were out of knowledge more than likely because they hadn't properly watched him other than a few grainy clips from youtube.

Actually he is like NRC, its not the impression of Makoun thats wrong, its the idea that NRC is a DMC. He isn't! NRC when played alongside Petrov is generally the link man, he doesn't make many tackles either. The whole NRC = DMC thing is totally incorrect, its a Villa Urban Myth (V.U.M. :mrgreen:) based on a few noteworthy tackles every other game. Thats why NRC and Makoun are compared.

So whilst I agree Makoun is no DMC, you are correct about those assumptions from people on here, where you are incorrect is in the idea that NRC is a DMC he isn't. Sure he's played the role occasionally but that isn't why he's in the team now and wasn't so much under MON either.

Everyone who was claiming that Makoun is player like NRC were completely out of football knowledge. His strengths are not as required for playing DMC. His strengths were/are passing, creativity and vision. In France, his stamina was enough to be box-to-box there, but just not enough for PL yet. You will see that he will be our either best creative or box-to-box player (he needs to gain more fitness to accomodate PL). My prediction is the first option - he will be our best creative player in MC position.

They were out of knowledge more than likely because they hadn't properly watched him other than a few grainy clips from youtube.

Actually he is like NRC, its not the impression of Makoun thats wrong, its the idea that NRC is a DMC. He isn't! NRC when played alongside Petrov is generally the link man, he doesn't make many tackles either. The whole NRC = DMC thing is totally incorrect, its a Villa Urban Myth (V.U.M. :mrgreen:) based on a few noteworthy tackles every other game. Thats why NRC and Makoun are compared.

So whilst I agree Makoun is no DMC, you are correct about those assumptions from people on here, where you are incorrect is in the idea that NRC is a DMC he isn't. Sure he's played the role occasionally but that isn't why he's in the team now and wasn't so much under MON either.

Pretty much on the money Bicks.

I've never thought NRC is an out and out DM... he isn't. Petrov isn't either IMO. We need a player like Flamini or the player Fofana was meant to become. Shame we didn't get Fofana really.

I think NRC can play DM but he hasn't been DM in the majority (although did against Wigan and has done at times)....Petrov I think is a proper DM as in a Makelele so to speak.

Really, he's nothing like Reo-Coker. He's being picked for the same position as him but that doesn't make him anything a like. In a way that putting let's say Reo-Coker RM or Albrighton RM, you don't say 'they are similar players'...

3rd best in the league behind fabregas and essien imo, I think he's that good

:lol: here we go again

What a transfer window we had eh?

Signing the third best midfielder in the league and the best striker in the history of the game, ever!

Should be challenging for the title in no time.

I think NRC can play DM but he hasn't been DM in the majority (although did against Wigan and has done at times)....Petrov I think is a proper DM as in a Makelele so to speak.

Really, he's nothing like Reo-Coker. He's being picked for the same position as him but that doesn't make him anything a like. In a way that putting let's say Reo-Coker RM or Albrighton RM, you don't say 'they are similar players'...

They are being asked to play the same role, Makoun is better at it. That is a perfectly valid comparison to compare Makoun and NRC.

They are being asked to play the same role, Makoun is better at it. That is a perfectly valid comparison to compare Makoun and NRC.

Yes, in the role they play but they are not similar players. So it's fair to say who's better in that position but they are certainly not like each other in the way they play the game despite being asked to play in similar roles.

I haven't said it's not a valid comparison to say who's the better player in the same role. I said they are not a like. Which they aren't, again alluding to my point.

Reo-Coker plays RM, Albrighton RM.....you can compare who's better in right midfield but they are certainly not a like in their play.

Â