Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

That story about him being on holiday till December can't be true can it? if it is that has got to put him up there as the biggest waste of space we have ever signed. 6 mill fee and 30k + a week wages less what ever Olympiacos paid him for 7 months.

I just can't believe that story is right. If it is lets hope someone is willing to pay a mill or so for him so we **** him off whilst getting a little back for him.

I can't understand why anyone thinks its 6Million, considering it was 5million Euros, plus he's been on loan for a season, we've had bigger wastes than this in my opinion.

Where you getting 5 mill euros from? according to the BBC ( link below ) when he signed it was for £6mill.

I am sure when he was on loan for 7 months we were also paying a fair chunk of his wages. He has certainly been a big waste of money but I am hoping we can get a mill back maybe.

From the BBC

That story about him being on holiday till December can't be true can it? if it is that has got to put him up there as the biggest waste of space we have ever signed. 6 mill fee and 30k + a week wages less what ever Olympiacos paid him for 7 months.

I just can't believe that story is right. If it is lets hope someone is willing to pay a mill or so for him so we **** him off whilst getting a little back for him.

I can't understand why anyone thinks its 6Million, considering it was 5million Euros, plus he's been on loan for a season, we've had bigger wastes than this in my opinion.

Where you getting 5 mill euros from? according to the BBC ( link below ) when he signed it was for £6mill.

I am sure when he was on loan for 7 months we were also paying a fair chunk of his wages. He has certainly been a big waste of money but I am hoping we can get a mill back maybe.

From the BBC

Houllier press conference for Darren Bent signing stated it was 5million Euros. So not as a bigger waste as your making out, or have you forgotten Balaban? What about Habib Beye who was on 45k.

From the BBC

Houllier press conference for Darren Bent signing stated it was 5million Euros. So not as a bigger waste as your making out, or have you forgotten Balaban? What about Habib Beye who was on 45k.

Tbf, Im sure good ol'Bosko only came on for 2 and a half minutes of football. However Habib Beye was arguably a more shocking player than Hutton.

Why does he need another work permit when he played for us before?

Surely he already has/had one?

Because he probably didn't work enough in England to have it automatically renewed. He did get sent to Greece afterall. There are conditions set under work permits that need to be met.

From the BBC

I'm not sure what Houllier said 19 months ago ( thankfully I have wiped much of what that spineless prick said from my memory ) but I do know that as I have shown it was widely reported the fee was 6 million pound.

Look you can debate who has been the biggest waste of money over the years. All I am saying is as things stand he has been ONE of the biggest wastes of money/space we have had. That could all change of course if he comes back and contributes. If he doesn't come back though then I don't see us getting too much for him and it seems some believe we may just terminate his contract and get **** all.

Mark, I ain't arguing with you but you claimed he was the biggest waste of space we have ever signed, so now your backtracking to one of, I said your figures are wrong as GH told the press it was 5million Euros. Makoun has had issues with a permit, but I'd say players like Beye are a bigger waste of space, the problems at our club have nothing to do with Houllier, it's more to do with the trash MON left behind on SKY-High wages, I'm also thankful that MON managed to actually sign some decent players that we got a return on such as Milner, Young and Downing, because if he hadn't we would be pretty screwed financially.

Why does he need another work permit when he played for us before?

Surely he already has/had one?

Because he probably didn't work enough in England to have it automatically renewed. He did get sent to Greece afterall. There are conditions set under work permits that need to be met.

Its a little more complicated than that. He entered under a tier 5 work permit which lasts for 12 months, there is no English test for this. The idea is that after that 12 month initial period he converts to a tier 2 work permit by passing the English test. Once he's on tier 2 it all becomes a little easier. Its this transition from tier 5 to tier 2 and his resultant English test that appears to be the problem if you believe the official line.

Mark, I ain't arguing with you but you claimed he was the biggest waste of space we have ever signed, so now your backtracking to one of, I said your figures are wrong as GH told the press it was 5million Euros.

Pal it is not me that has got the figure wrong. I have linked what the BBC stated when he signed - £6million. This is also stated in numerous online papers at the time. Now you are saying that Houllier said 5 mill euros, although haven't backed that up, so I find it a little strange that all these media outlets have it wrong.

Regardless of 5 mill euros ( which at the time given the shite exchange rate was about £4.7mill ) or the £6mill fee as was very widely reported, as things stand today he has made just over a handful of appearances most of which he was poor in, has been paid fully paid by the club for 12 months and partially for another 7 and has now either gone awol and taking a 7 month holiday or is having trouble getting a work permit as despite signing 19 months ago still can't grasp very basic English. Like I said as things stand today he has been a complete waste of space and up there as one of our biggest.

Mark, Houllier's comments at a press conference were on AVTV. If you have access then go have a look.

The online reports and BBC link would have been released the moment the OS said 'Villa sign Makoun', the press conference on AVTV would have been a day or so later.

You may not have heard, but online reports are not always 100% accurate :winkold:

Without wishing to defend the case of the guy, and going from Bicks quote there, makes you wonder just how difficult it is to learn `basic english`within a year whilst playing in Turkey.......

Wonder how many of us could learn `basic turkish` enogh for passing imigration/foreign work permisssion laws in Turkey whilst living in England?

All a bit hypothetical and silly really, but unfortunately the difference between a good player playing or not.

Without wishing to defend the case of the guy, and going from Bicks quote there, makes you wonder just how difficult it is to learn `basic english`within a year whilst playing in Turkey.......

Wonder how many of us could learn `basic turkish` enogh for passing imigration/foreign work permisssion laws in Turkey whilst living in England?

All a bit hypothetical and silly really, but unfortunately the difference between a good player playing or not.

It isn't hard, one VT poster on here who actually deals with these issues says its a VERY basic test. Tevez, Jung-Ji Park etc have all passed it and their English is still not very good. It seems to be the sort of thing that can be coached in a fortnight, from what those in the know say

Your point still stands but wasn't he playing in Greece?

I thought I didn't know I had to provide you proof, but I think the main reason your calling him the biggest waste is due to GH buying him and nothing more! I see Hutton, Beye as bigger wastes but hey can't be done with this debate! Also search on VT for original Makoun thread or it may even be this when fans even stated GH said it was 5million Euros!

I thought I didn't know I had to provide you proof, but I think the main reason your calling him the biggest waste is due to GH buying him and nothing more! I see Hutton, Beye as bigger wastes but hey can't be done with this debate! Also search on VT for original Makoun thread or it may even be this when fans even stated GH said it was 5million Euros!

Between £3 - £5m - 7 Games and looking increasingly likely to depart without us getting a fee - puts him right up there IMO.

He s let everyone at the club down - even after he didn't appear for pre season - there will still plenty of fans who reckoned he would kickstart his villa career - by playing a key role in a midfield short on talent. People pleaded for him to be given a chance - it seems he just wasn't interested.

I don't mind footballers being rich, most of em earn more in a week than I do in a year - fair play to them - I would do the same. What I can't excuse is the likes of Makoun who appears not to give a toss about the supporters who spend there hard earned cash to watch them play.

...and before you say 'we don't know all the facts'..... I am working on the balance of probability

I find it utterly utterly baffling that a player that has contributed absolutely nothing to the club in his time here continues to be the subject of so much debate.

Almost 300 pages about a player that has made a grand total of 12 appearances in our colours I mean seriously he really doesn't warrant it.

He has no future here, yes the situation in relation to his work permit seems a little odd but the only reason anyone should care about it is because it could impact on our ability to get rid of him.

A total and utter waste of money I can't wait for him to be gone.

Â