Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I think Collins, Dunne and Walker were our worst players. Makoun showed great composure but seemed to then get scared after he was booked. Once he learns to stay on his feet he will be a better player for it.

friedel was worse also, i can't wait until he retires, he's the worst keeper in the league by a country mile

Wouldn't say he was the worst but I do agree. It's obvious to see he isn't the keeper he was and we definitely need somebody new.

Also, how many penalties has he saved playing for us?

i honestly don't remember him saving one, he is a joke

i honestly don't remember him saving one, he is a joke

By that logic, Mark Crossley is the greatest keeper to grace the game.

That accolade actually belongs to Paul Cooper (who iirc correctly once saved ten consecutive pens)

I'm hoping for a Downing/Lazarus-like rise to prominence next season for Makoun. The ingredients are there, just needs to get used to being baked at a higher temperature.

Think the way to get best from him at the moment is simple. If he is more advanced he is more dangerous and people should remember step up from France is quite big. Drogba was labelled a bit of a joke in his 1st year andd Essien hardly set the world alight either

NRC Petrov

Makoun

Downing Young

Bent

looks a very poor player imo - some of those tackles are so mis timed - its embarassing. If this is the calibre of the player GH thinks can transform the club - heaven help us.

I feel any new manager will ship him out pronto ....providing anyone wants him that is

looks a very poor player imo - some of those tackles are so mis timed - its embarassing. If this is the calibre of the player GH thinks can transform the club - heaven help us.

I feel any new manager will ship him out pronto ....providing anyone wants him that is

Wow, talk about giving people a chance...

Aye, when we bought him for 5 million, I expected him to be world class from the start...

I think Bradley needs to be given a chance. He seems like the sort of player who never gives up. If we can get his fight and winning mentality in our midfield things would pick up IMO.

I would still have Makoun in there but with Delph/Petrov and Bradley in a 3. Would even drop Gabby and move to a 4-3-3 using Downing and Young as wingers.

I'm sorry the referees are to blame for that decision, never a penalty.

Too right!!

Makoun was not spectaculour yesterday, but he got himself around the pitch, and passed it well. It must be really difficult adjusting to quicker league, and in a team that is fighting for its life at the wrong end of table.

All in all, i thought he did ok.

I think Bradley needs to be given a chance. He seems like the sort of player who never gives up. If we can get his fight and winning mentality in our midfield things would pick up IMO.

I would still have Makoun in there but with Delph/Petrov and Bradley in a 3. Would even drop Gabby and move to a 4-3-3 using Downing and Young as wingers.

i know its extremely harsh to judge him after one performance but bradley just looks like a nothing player. reminded me so much of sidwell. game completely bypasses him apart from a handful of sideways passes.

made no threatening runs, didn't compete in the air, slow, pedestrian when on the ball, basically very poor.

Was a bit shocked Bradley was not even on bench yesterday tbh....played quite well on the international break for USA and even put in a pretty good shift against a tough Argentina, considering his only play lately was as a late sub in Blackpool and the Man City cup tie

I'm sorry the referees are to blame for that decision, never a penalty.

Too right!!

Makoun was not spectaculour yesterday, but he got himself around the pitch, and passed it well. It must be really difficult adjusting to quicker league, and in a team that is fighting for its life at the wrong end of table.

All in all, i thought he did ok.

This.

Aye, look at Downing now, useless, should have sold him straight away also. Milner also.

Wow, talk about giving people a chance...

I wouldn't worry about him getting his chance. I would worry about the inept dross he serves up when he gets his chance.

He could suddenly find his form and be a world beater - but in the mean time Petrov, Delph, should be considered ahead of him

Â