Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Well i think he is way ahead of the rest of our midfield already & it was his tackle which set up the move for the goal..Just as it was his quick pass which set up the move for our 1st against Fulham..

Bad tackle though it was at Bloomfield rd he didn't actually touch anybody by all accounts which is quite bizarre when you consider Young was flattened in their box & got nothing?! Then again Howard Webb clearly has issues with Villa as we found out in last seasons semi.. funny how he didn't send off Terry in that game for a vicious elbow?! ...

Also strange how Eidur Gudjohnsen made an identical tackle to Makouns tonight against Chelsea but actually clattered the Chelsea player yet didn't even get booked?! 2 footed off the ground & straight down the guys thigh... Nope not even a yellow card!? Thing which annoys me is it was a much worse tackle than Makouns yet we lose our guy for 3 crucial fixtures whilst Fulham one of our closest rivals at present get away scott free!

Saturday was the first time I'd seen him involved in a full (almost) game. I was impressed. Good passing and a lot more physical than I'd expected given the comments on here about his lack of tackling.

I don't know why people are saying the red card was harsh. If you dive in two footed these days, you're going to get sent off. It doesn't matter if contact is minimal. Webb had no choice.

Makoun should have known better, and if he didn't know beter, he'll know for next time!

it had been Petrov, it would have cost us 3 points.

Uh....???

Just posting rubbish to get a reaction, nothing to see.

Not at all, just merely stating my opinion that if it had been Petrov then most would be absolutely slating him. But because its Makoun (whos no doubt got new player syndrome), people seemed to be finding excuses for him. Thats all.

Uh....???

Not at all, just merely stating my opinion that if it had been Petrov then most would be absolutely slating him. But because its Makoun (whos no doubt got new player syndrome), people seemed to be finding excuses for him. Thats all.

Petrov should know better, he's played in the league a hell of a lot longer and hence why he doesn't make stupid tackles. What's this new player syndrome then? I didn't see it when Milner and Downing were slated as abysmal within a few weeks of their arrival (or should I say debut in the case Downing).

Uh....???

Generalising codswallop in the extreme.

I just think that trying to devalue a player after what 3 1/2 games suggests ......something and you're not the only one.

Uh....???

Petrov should know better, he's played in the league a hell of a lot longer and hence why he doesn't make stupid tackles. What's this new player syndrome then? I didn't see it when Milner and Downing were slated as abysmal within a few weeks of their arrival (or should I say debut in the case Downing).

I do think, especially when a player has come in who the fans take a liking to, then it takes longer for the fans to highlight mistakes.

Now, I totally agree that the French league is a different pace and that it will time to adjust. However, this can only be used as an excuse for being off the pace in terms of holding onto the ball, passes, dribbling etc?

Two footed lunges are two footed lunges, whether your in the premiership, french or the local school boys league. and I dont believe coming from the french league is an excuse for such a ridiculous tackle.

As Richard says, this guy has played at the highest level. And if he is a top notch player, which a lot believe he is, then he shouldnt need to learn the basic rules at 27.

Look Im not jumping on his back, I just think (where we ask for consistency with referees) we should be consistent with our criticism of players.

Uh....???

Generalising codswallop in the extreme.

I just think that trying to devalue a player after what 3 1/2 games suggests ......something and you're not the only one.

Apologies... you have totally lost me

Uh....???

I do think, especially when a player has come in who the fans take a liking to, then it takes longer for the fans to highlight mistakes.

Now, I totally agree that the French league is a different pace and that it will time to adjust. However, this can only be used as an excuse for being off the pace in terms of holding onto the ball, passes, dribbling etc?

Two footed lunges are two footed lunges, whether your in the premiership, french or the local school boys league. and I dont believe coming from the french league is an excuse for such a ridiculous tackle.

As Richard says, this guy has played at the highest level. And if he is a top notch player, which a lot believe he is, then he shouldnt need to learn the basic rules at 27.

Look Im not jumping on his back, I just think (where we ask for consistency with referees) we should be consistent with our criticism of players.

I think those are very fair comments. There is plenty of room for him to improve. I dont know what some of you've been smoking, but I can't understand the gushing praise he's received. A bit quiet and a bit off the pace for me.

Did you see Eidur Gudjohnsen's tackle last night which didn't even get a yellow card. It didn't look much different to Makouns.
I did indeed. And the ref last night got it badly wrong IMHO. He didn't even give a free kick.

It was a harsh red Stevo, if it wasn't, why wasn't he booked for his earlier challenge on Carney?

Gudjohnsen made a similar challenge yesterday and got shit all.

So why is refereeing in England so shit? Now we've lost him for 3 games as opposed to one as by Webbs logic he should have been yellowed for the first.

It was a harsh red Stevo, if it wasn't, why wasn't he booked for his earlier challenge on Carney?

So why is refereeing in England so shit? Now we've lost him for 3 games as opposed to one as by Webbs logic he should have been yellowed for the first.

Howard Webb made the correct decision. Even if he had have been bookd it would still be a straight red challenge and out for 3 games.

Your right though, overall - the consistency of referees is beyond diabolacal, but we can barely decide on whats a right decision now. what chance have they all got of makin the same decision in a split second

I agree about the refereeing, its just too inconsistent but it was definitely a straight red challenge and he deserved it IMO

It wasn't a harsh red. We're told time and time again that two footed challenges are not allowed, especially with studs showing. Get the ball, don't get the ball, don't get the man, break his legs into pieces, slide in, jump in, spin around mid air and then jump in, shout "HADOUKEN" as you slide in, it doesn't matter.

A two footed challenge with your studs showing is a red card. Makoun's challenge was of that description. It was a red.

if other refs don't give reds for those challenges then that's the wrong decision, not Makoun's red. Like it or not.

Â