Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

Incredibly I've just spoken to Pete Colley from SSN on the phone (my dad's the cameraman) Bent is at VP under-going a medical and will be unveiled around 4.00pm at Bodymoor Heath. I was having a chat with the old man about Bent he asked me how I'd heard I said SSN and Colley then he puts him on the phone! Obviously not exactly a busy day for the media at the Villa.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My god I can't take until 4pm, it would be great if a few wandered out Taiwo, Samba and Bent - that really would be hilarious.

This has to be the most unproductive 1.5 day of my working life. I just realised I haven't even sent an email since this broke. Awful. Off to bluff my way through a meeting before some good news hopefully.

I booked this week off work for no reason other than to use some holiday before March before I lose it.

Turns out I picked the right week to have off 8)

My dad is Pete Colleys cameraman they are at Bodymoor Heath now Bent press conference 4.00pm he is currently under-going a medical

Some guy on Facebook.

:!:

:lol:

Yeah that's me lol, he is :lol: Who are you may I ask :P

Well, I didn't have the chance to comment up to this point and as this discussion is now on its 102nd page I will say only that - Bent is a good footballer. Still, splashing 18 or 24 Million on him is sheer stupidity. This is silly money that could be much better spent on great footballers who are not English and cost less. van der Vaart is the best lesson - Spurs got him for 8!

We could have bought a prolific goalscorer such as Miroslav Klose for about 3 or 4, for instance. We keep on looking for English players who cost way over their real value. With 18 Million we could have bought, I guess, the two leading strikers of Villarreal. I hate this!

Putting aside the fact that Nilmar and Rossi would cost way more than 18m, how can you be sure that they or Klose would come to Villa? You could possibly agree on a fee with the clubs of some top strikers, but convincing them to leave their good situations to battle relegation is another thing. IMO, Bent is probably the best goalscorer we could hope for in the current circumstances.