Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, IF Bent reproduces the form he has shown at every other club he has been at (as he should), it is a brilliant investment for several reasons.

The thing that I believe about this deal is it will help keep Ashley Young at the club, which is worth £18m by itself!

I read tonight that someone wanted Baines from Everton as our new lb but thought that couldn't happen. Somewhere in this thread. Normally I'd agree that it would never happen, but this signing has made almost anything possible now. Ok, not the obvious world class players, but if we could get Bent, I wouldn't be surprised if we signed a player like Baines either. And that's another brilliant thing with this transfer. Good stuff.*

*I don't think we're even after Baines, but that wasn't the point.

sunderlands side reckon heskey is part of the deal now
If thats the case this transfer will drag on for another day or two. I don't see Heskey moving to the North of England tbh.

its just rumour doing the rounds on a sunderland board. a few of them have claimed to have heard it. didnt heskey work with bruce at SHA and wigan? maybe something in it. most likely bollox.

sunderlands side reckon heskey is part of the deal now

It gets better and better!

Can't see this happening though as GH loves Heskey.

I agree that Ged loves him - and I must admit I do this season - but the old bugger can barely make it through 90 minutes and is regularly out injured. This is probably our last chance to realise any value out of Emile before he is fit for the knackers yard.

4 strikers: Bent, Gabby, the Fonz and Wiemann would do for me, particularly if we are looking at a 4-3-3/4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1.

In all seriousness.. im still more excited by the Jean Makoun signing. We been crying out for a quality midfielder for a while now. Milner was the closest thing we had to a box to box midfielder who can start attacks and defend.

Makoun could really be something.

While I agree Makoun is a good footballer and a great signing for us, you surely can't disagree that we have been crying out for a striker like Darren Bent since perhaps Dwight Yorke left...

Another rumour doing the rounds is that Talksport claim Bent is to fly to London later today as Chelsea have made a bid.

Was that announced when Parry was harping on about his bad back? I've read that same thing a few times today though. Fingers crossed no truth in it.

In all seriousness.. im still more excited by the Jean Makoun signing. We been crying out for a quality midfielder for a while now. Milner was the closest thing we had to a box to box midfielder who can start attacks and defend.

Makoun could really be something.

While I agree Makoun is a good footballer and a great signing for us, you surely can't disagree that we have been crying out for a striker like Darren Bent since perhaps Dwight Yorke left...

WITHE AND SHAW MORE LIKE! :lol:

Another rumour doing the rounds is that Talksport claim Bent is to fly to London later today as Chelsea have made a bid.

Was that announced when Parry was harping on about his bad back? I've read that same thing a few times today though. Fingers crossed no truth in it.

I think I would actually cry!!!

For anyone who's interested

here is a thread form the Sunderland board. First 10 pages are abuse to the ITK who posted the rumour. Bottom of page 10 it begins to dawn on them that it's actually true. Quite amusing reading from then on.

I think I would actually cry!!!

What would they do with Drogba and Anelka then? Doesn't make sense. Then again, football never does.

For anyone who's interested

here is a thread form the Sunderland board. First 10 pages are abuse to the ITK who posted the rumour. Bottom of page 10 it begins to dawn on them that it's actually true. Quite amusing reading from then on.

but, i feel sorry for the majority of them. remember how we felt about barry and milner and those who remember back, yorke.

Freidel

Walker Dunne Cuellar Clark

Young Makoun Delph Downing

Agbonlahor Bent

Just playing a basic 4-4-2 with these players would drive fear into a lot of teams. Squad already looks better with these 3 signings. Imagine if we did play that team, our bench would have Albrighton, Bannan, Heskey, Reo Coker, Petrov, Collins and etc. We are looking a lot better with these signings.