Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

maloneyt

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see Downing in behind the striker. He possesses a good pass and is good on the ball, I don't see why he should be given a chance. Direct and pacey on the wings with Ash and Marc with Downing providing the guile in behind the striker. Why not?

I'd rather Downing was playing in Pires' position today, that's for sure.

Not a brilliant first half, despite the scoreline, but it's a step in the right direction. You could see us growing in confidence as the half went on. This is exactly what we need and we need to put in a similar shift in the second half.

the commentator said sheff utd could have had a goal or two wtf where from they havent even had a shot **** tool!

Friedel saved at point blank range and one of their centre halves had a clear cut chance (volleyed way over thankfully) from a corner. That's two straight off the top of my head.

We were getting into our stride more later in that half. It was good to see us start playing with a bit of confidence.

Pires is going missing a bit too often though, and I think that Reo-Coker is having a very poor game. I hope we can replace him, with Makoun or someone else. Walker's looked good but has made a couple of mistakes and needs to stay focused.

Dunne's still not looked comfortable and is another player who will hopefully be replaced.

Albrighton's been brilliant for me. Bannan certainly has talent but needs to impose himself on the game more, but obviously that's quite difficult for a central midfielder of his stature. I think if the players around him can improve their positioning and movement, he could have much more of an impact if he can find a yard of space.

Clark's doing admirably at left-back. I feel much more comfortable with him there than Warnock!

I'm hoping Agbonlahor can get a goal in the second half.

Someone like Samba in and Makoun and I would feel a lot more confident this season, there has been too many mistakes made by Collins and Dunne this season and a lack of a real midfield enforcer has cost us.

Bannan is going to be one hell of a midfielder, and clark looks very composed, cannot really say anymore about Albrighton that has not already been said.

Need to remind myself this is Sheffield United and we have been pap all season!!

Must not get hopes up, must not get hopes up!