Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

played well and dominated a team in 6th.

Win or lose, we've shown that we're by no means a poor teams when we have our players back.

The days of hogg and bannan in central midfield are over and I fully expect us to start winning games again, even if we've wasted the chances to do that tonight.

Worrying, when you miss like that, you often rue it and Sunderland will certainly get better.

We just need a break and a 1-0 win would be huge.

Very tense, but face it, there are good signs here.

Looks like we have turned a corner and discovered a brick wall.

Thankfully that brick wall also appears to be back behind the midfield as opposed to merely up front! :D

Blackburn 2 up on Liverpool.

Roy will be sacked tomorrow if it stays like that.

and MON is polishing his best shoes as we speak...

You are probably right.

Stuck in the office at work so keep up the good work and telling me how the game is going. :)

Yeah I dont get why Gabby is LM why not play a 3 man attack with Gabby-Heskey-Young

Gabby and Young play wingers

Something needs to change because Gabby is just awkward there and we have Downing on the right. Houllier and his line-ups.

we are doing ok, but we cannot keep being wasteful infront of goal

heskeys 2 chances, petrov who for some reason decided to turn away from goal when in a great position. gabbys pull back when heskey and ash left it for each other.

petrov needs to stop slowing down our attacks and giving it away. gabby either needs to knock it on and run past them, or pass it quickly. he hasnt got the skill to try and take on 3 players

Frustrating game. Defending well and Sunderland appear toothless but our midfielders, particularly Petrov, appear intent on giving the ball away at any opportunity.

Wasting chances could come back to haunt us, but I half expected them to score from those 2 corners at the end of the half, so maybe that corner has turned after all.

Blackburn 2 up on Liverpool.

Roy will be sacked tomorrow if it stays like that.

and MON is polishing his best shoes as we speak...

And I'm sure they will be shiny enough for him to see his own ego in but I don't think it will help him. Word seems to be Dalglish will step in and I doubt the American owners of Plop will get a good reference from their compatriot on the rocket polisher that walked out on us.