Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

W were the better team last night until the sending off.

Give him time to buy his own players before judging him, he's had a horrific time with injuries coming at the same time as a tough run of fixtures.

The teams is coming back together, if anyone is to blame for last night its Heskey. Missed a sitter and a stupid sending off.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure Adbo9 isn't a supporter of this club.

**** right off, season ticket holder for 21 years, go to most away games - and its not a kneejerk reaction pal, feel free to check my previous posts on our chairman and even when we were doing well, i was always under the impression that it was just PR and bluster to keep the fans onside.......

all stems from the Moscow debacle where he allowed (or told, for the conspiricy theorists out there) our manager to throw a competition - rocket polishers

:lol:

randy is no better than ellis hes just got a great pr machine behind him, like most yanks

for me, weve not signed anyone that we wouldnt have done under ellis, infact in ellis' time weve made more high-profile signings that we ever have under lerner, the players weve signed under lerners stewardship arent any different than we would have got under ellis, theyve just cost shitloads more dosh cos hes a billionaire.....

oh, at least weve got some stainglassed windows, the odd free scarf and a swimming pool at bodymoor......... great !

Its supporters like you that make me not care about football as much as i used to.

Piss off and support Man City will you!

and FWIW im not saying go out and spend 100billion on anyone, what im saying is - if you sit down and analyse Lerner hasnt done as much as people think, not on the playing side anyway - but the PR and Marketing theyve done highlights all the faceless things they do which the modern fan thinks is good chairmanship - IMO its bollocks

I don't understand how you can say we were the better side before the Heskey sending off, we were shite. Yes we missed a sitter but then so did Bent. In the second half we didn't even appear, also can you tell me if their keeper was troubled. If we think and the players think we performed well then they are bloody deluded.

I don't think anyone is coming out of this situation looking good. The fans, the players, Houllier, Faulkner, Lerner. We are in a horrible, invidious and precarious position.

Personally I think Houllier should be moved along, but I don't think it will happen because I don't think Lerner/Faulkner have the collective nous to come up with an alternative plan. It's pretty clear they are not 'football people' and lack the required contacts within the game.

I don't really like the idea of sacking him, don't think it reflects well on us - but I just don't see this ending well.

By the way Dan Roan (BBC journalist) has just tweeted:

Aston Villa "totally behind" Houllier according to senior club source. Safe for now.
The close conjunction of the phrases "totally behind" and "for now" made me smile a bit.

Premier League Chairmen/CEOs, eh?

Well he won't get sacked as Randy doesn't have the balls, what's worse he probably still thinks he's made the right decision. Shame he didn't take a look at my list of priorities back in september before he decided who NOT to appoint:

El_Hierro

Post subject: Posted: Sep 02, 2010 - 06:02 PM

Jol>Hitzfeld>McLaren>Moyes>McLeish>Klinsmann>MacDonald>Sven> Hughes>Bilic>Curbishley>Allardyce>Lambert>Brown>Koeman>Zola>Houllier>Southgate .

Looks like he won't walk either, so I guess we're stuck with him for now.

Meaning we might as well start getting some new players in as those we have clearly don't/won't work under GH. F*ck balancing the books Randy, pay what it takes, and do it NOW, or you'll be penny-pinching our beloved club straight down the championship route.

By the way Dan Roan (BBC journalist) has just tweeted:

Aston Villa "totally behind" Houllier according to senior club source. Safe for now.
The close conjunction of the phrases "totally behind" and "for now" made me smile a bit.

Premier League Chairmen/CEOs, eh?

Dan Roan could have said he is safe for now...The club maybe only said totally behind.

No quotes around the "Safe for now"

I don't understand how you can say we were the better side before the Heskey sending off, we were shite. Yes we missed a sitter but then so did Bent. In the second half we didn't even appear, also can you tell me if their keeper was troubled. If we think and the players think we performed well then they are bloody deluded.

We were the better team. Its quite simple.

Friedel was hrdly troubled other than the Bent effort which was Collins fault.

More possession, better football, just finishimg thats the problem.

Is it that bad we are reminiscing about Doug now?
No, just saying that he'd do a better job of hiring and firing than Randy would imho.

What is it with the whole Randy hate thing? He's the best thing to happen to this club in years!

I dont hate him, im just a little pee'd off that he appointed such a useless rocket polisher as our manager, and for that reason i wouldn't trust him to do it again, it doesn't matter anyway as he wont have the bottle to sack the old fool.. another thing with Randy is why didnt he have the balls to get a manager from another club, to much of the mr nice guy i think..

Didn't RL have a group of supposed experienced football people to advise him and the board? Unfortunately, like many times when consultants are brought in to an organisation, you need to be sure the consultants are up to the task, and it looks like Randy's clearly weren't.

To change managers now is a Catch 22, probably damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Unless we could achieve a miracle and get a charismatic Svengali like manager in the style of Mourinho, who could be brought in at this stage, short term measures like Fat Sam would be as dismal IMO.

It may sound like heresy, but maybe success in the Championship for a season would be better than mid table mediocrity in the Premiership, as long as it was one season, but that's not a given as Leeds/Charlton etc. found out.

If GH still has the support of the board after Saturday, I hope he'll bring in some new blood who can score goals, because once again last night, we didn't convert the few chances we created.

Also, why did GH wait so long to bring Albrighton on, we seemed to pose more danger after he came on than the rest of the match, poor tactical decision I thought.

With 17 matches still to run (= potential 51 points), there is plenty of time still to run.

However, we all know that team confidence is a big thing, and with whatever was achieved at Chelsea being eradicated by last night's play, everyone is nervous.

Backing the manager is the only route though. Nearly all of what has transpired can hardly be put at GH's door ... though there are a lot who would like to do that.

Â