Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

Now I've voted to get rid, it's not working and the players do not want to play for him, we're not being linked with the calibre of player required to get us out of the shit we're in and we appear devoid of a set game-plan.

Linked players wount get us anywhere, its a matter of who we really sign...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are going to get rid then we need a real short term solution that will not cost the earth(Holloway).

Taking a highly rated manager from another Premier League club is not going to be quick, cheap or given our current position, likely.

I know what you mean but we are desperate and money will open doors at a place like Blackpool. I don't fancy dragging someone who is not currently in the game currently into this battleground. Dunno, he would be my suggestion. The position we are in, give em what they want for him. 5M + lucky dip from MON's penny sweet bag of investments such as...well most are worthless so forget that.

Just voted so its 83% want him out but we have two members on the board who want to keep him and they unfortunately cast the deciding vote. I was speaking to a Liverpool fan and even he noticed Houllier's post match comments and said it was like the whole thing is a joke to him. Seriously i do not know where we go from here, the players have to take some blame obviously, but the manager is employed to get the best out of the players and that is where he is massively failing. His team selections are a disgrace, doesn't change it when it ain't working. People who say the game changed when Heskey got sent off are deluded, the game was lost as soon as their player Meyler got injured and they changed it to a 3 in the middle. We never counter-acted that change and for me that lies with Houllier.
The biggest worry for me is, that Randy doesnt have the back bone to sack him, and even if he did i wouldn't trust him to go get the right man for the job..

This mess isnt just Houlliers fault it is everyones connected with the club.

Houllier has mades errors in tactics and trying to change too much too soon

The players arent playing well and its all very well having a good motivator at the helm but if your form is poor then your form is poor. How can you blame the manager for Heskey missing from 2 yards and Ashley Young never missing the first person on a cross, or not controlling a through ball from NRC when thorugh on goal.

The players have acted like spoilt kids during the last month or so, whether thats because of Houllier being and idiot or not their attitude has been poor.

The board have messed up by giving MON too much control over the club and now we have too many high earning average players.

The fans are also to blame the atmosphere at Villa park is sometimes like a boiling pot, the moans and groans come out too often too quick and this reverberates round the ground and I cant imagine its ideal for the players to play in and probably gives the away players a lift.

If we get rid now, it would take a couple of weeks to reappoint, that would leave little time to assess the squad for the new manager and bring in new players it would be a rush. And what if the wrong man came in again we would certainly be **** then.

I say let him bring in a few players, £15m will not break our bank whatever anyone thinks, I think we'd have enough to stay up and then at the end of the season the whole situation should be reassessed.

But sadly we are in a mess.

Well i backed him when he became manager.

Now im 100% he needs to leave the club.

After what happened at liverpool and now the results and the manner we are losing games the guy needs to go fast.

IF not........................Im not ever gonna say the r word because that will be the worse thing that could happen to this great club.

As I said elsewhere, I was happy to back him and give him time to turn it around, whilst I thought we were safe from relegation.

I no longer feel safe from relegation. In fact I'm genuinely fearful of it.

Sorry Gerard, time's up.

what real French talent??. It seems to me that all people want is fancy names, and thats one of the reasons why people where backing GH also..

I dont really know, my last positive brain cell wrote that...

Sorry for bursting it mate :) ..

I'm sorry, but if we keep referring to Heskey's miss? How many chances did we bloody create, we created nothing. Craig Gordon may have fell asleep and we still wouldn't have scored. That is Houllier's fault for not preparing his team or even trying to change when it was obvious to 32k fans that it wasn't working.

No, he won't be sacked. The board aren't ruthless enough. I'll say this though, mich as I loved to hate Deadly, he would do the right thing here.

No, he won't be sacked. The board aren't ruthless enough. I'll say this though, mich as I loved to hate Deadly, he would do the right thing here.

Agreed, he would have loaded his gun a week or so ago. At least he knew when enough was enough where managers were concerned.

As I said elsewhere, I was happy to back him and give him time to turn it around, whilst I thought we were safe from relegation.

I no longer feel safe from relegation. In fact I'm genuinely fearful of it.

Sorry Gerard, time's up.

Very much this. We are showing no signs escaping relegation is likely.

Doug should get the job back for a week, he'd sack this tool.and i'd atleast be a little happy that he's get the right man in, Randy i wouldn't trust to do either jobs.

this reminds me of the first few months of Brian Littles reign........... we had some shocking performances, only just scraped staying up - but managed to hang on until the summer, where he sacked off the deadwood, got his own players in to play his way and the rest was history......... I think itll happen with Houllier given the backing...........

this reminds me of the first few months of Brian Littles reign........... we had some shocking performances, only just scraped staying up - but managed to hang on until the summer, where he sacked off the deadwood, got his own players in to play his way and the rest was history......... I think itll happen with Houllier given the backing...........

The difference with Little was that he took over a team, in November, that was already in the relegation spots and succeeded in keeping them up.

Houllier has masterminded (ha!) this teams descent to the drop zone and is struggling to arrest the slide he is responsible for.

Â