415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted back him purely for the fact that i don't think we can get anyone better at this moment in time. People like Sam Allardyce are not what we need for the long term, and i can't see them signing just til the season is over.

At the end of the day i remember me and POB were the ones being most vocal about giving Houllier time, we both now know its time for him to go, why? Well he needs time to sort this shit out his way, but unfortunately 4 points in 10 games and pissing off supporters and generally being shit has cost him now.

I remember when Owen Coyle took over at Bolton people were asking him does he have enough time to pass on his methods onto his new squad. He said something along the lines of, NO he wanted to tweek a few things but changing too many things during a season doesn't work he has to have a pre season to educate the players enough to make a difference.

I think Houlliers tried to do to much with players how have played direct football for a few years now. But he has run out of time now. 4 points out of 30 is ridiculous.

I voted back him purely for the fact that i don't think we can get anyone better at this moment in time. People like Sam Allardyce are not what we need for the long term, and i can't see them signing just til the season is over.

Gerard Houllier will get us relegated, how the **** do you think thats gonna help long term.

IMO we will wait till after the window i dont think any money will be spent in the window.

If we are doing bad still (which looking at things at the moment you dont see it getting any better) then i think you may see big sam come in.

But at this moment we need to try anything just to get a win.

How long is Heskey suspended for? Is it 3matches?

Only the Blues game matters really.

Shit state of affairs when Villa fans are pissed off that Heskey will miss games.

Or a sign he's a good player.

Not denying he's been good this season but when you pin all your hopes on Heskey something must be wrong with the team. Gabby has been injured and out of sorts I suppose but hopefully the manager, whoever it is, will strengthen our attack this month.

I'm actually jealous that Birmingham might sign Keane. Although £7m is a bit steep.

I voted back him purely for the fact that i don't think we can get anyone better at this moment in time.

It would be a remarkable achievement if someone came in and did worse.

Indeed.

Gerard Houllier will get us relegated, how the **** do you think thats gonna help long term.

May I also add this. We won't get anyone better than Houllier? What the ****? So we won't get anyone better than someone who alienates the players, is tactically inept and has accumulated 5 points from 27 or something ridiculous like that.

I'm sorry but we could put Strachan in charge, heaven forbid, and I bet he would somehow manage to fluke more points than Houllier. Although Strachan would make my blood boil. The little prick.

At the end of the day i remember me and POB were the ones being most vocal about giving Houllier time, we both now know its time for him to go, why? Well he needs time to sort this shit out his way, but unfortunately 4 points in 10 games and pissing off supporters and generally being shit has cost him now.

I remember when Owen Coyle took over at Bolton people were asking him does he have enough time to pass on his methods onto his new squad. He said something along the lines of, NO he wanted to tweek a few things but changing too many things during a season doesn't work he has to have a pre season to educate the players enough to make a difference.

I think Houlliers tried to do to much with players how have played direct football for a few years now. But he has run out of time now. 4 points out of 30 is ridiculous.

While I agree, it's 8 points from 10 mate..

Houllier he has a lot to deal with since arriving at the Villa.

- By the time he was appointed it was too late to buy some much needed new players.

- Our best player Milner was long gone to Man City.

- Houllier is trying to change our style of play to something a bit easier on the eye. Lets face it Martin's football wasn't too pretty to watch. I wouldnt say its too easy converting some of our player to a more attractive style of football.

- He has been very unlucky with regard to injuries, we have been riding our luck with regard to squad size for years. We were found out this year!

- Hasn't had a chance to bring in any of his own players.

However

- Houllier has had a string of absolutely shocking results. His record at the Villa is absolutely woeful.

- Possible relegation

- Has fallen out with several players at the club.

- Insulted the fans when playing against Liverpool etc. Not very media savy!

So does Randy, sack him? If he is sacked we are back to square one, weeks trying to get a new manager. New baclground staff. Months to adopt new managers ways. The new manager may miss the transfer window again, wont have enough time to assess the squad in order to work out what players he needs to bring in if the the window is open.

Does Randy give Houllier more time? If so we may risk relegation going on current form? Its a tricky decision!

To be honest I don't know what to do! Roll on next season!!

Â