415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight was the final straw, I thought after the Chelsea game it would turn around but I was wrong. Sack him.

Quite funny though how the most rejuvenated player under Houllier probably cost him his job though.

Pretty much this..

When we didn't spend in the summer (it's biting us in the bum now isn't it Randy/MON/Faulkner?) and we saw milner go I thought that was it, I was expecting a low position in the table (12th or so) this season but jesus christ I want to stay in the premier league now.

houllier out.

Agbonlahor left, Downing right, and Young in the hole/up front. Didn't work, and it was obvious it wasn't working, and he didn't change it. Bizarre.

I read somewhere that often when new managers come in, they try to do something different from the last manager to make their mark, and so they are credited with success i.e. in this case, if he did exactly the same as MON then people would say "its MON's team anyway, Houllier hasn't done anything". That is the only reason I can see for putting Ashley Young up front, and persevering with it so long, even though he's been shit this season (or shit compared to how he can be out wide - he shows glimpses of it every time he is in a wide position).

I've been sticking up for Houllier, and think that with a good trasnfer window, bringing in his own players it might still work. The problem is, I always thought it would be a very average season (or worse than average) and he would build for next year - but he's not getting the results for even a below average season. He needs time, but he needs to earn that time himself.

Alot of questions now -

How long does Randy wait to do something?

How long can he stick with his man?

How long can we be in the bottom three and GH remain in post?

If we get rid of GH, realistically who are we going to appoint manager?

Does he give GH money to spend knowing that we could conceivably lose our next 3 games and be in an even worse position?

Based on what we've seen over Xmas - bearing in mind the bright result was Chelsea, and they lost tonight against Wolves - I think we should be worried. If GH is staying, then he needs money to buy players, even if we can't ship out the deadwood (players GH doesn't want). If thats not going to happen, then I'm afraid I would get rid IF there is viable alternative.

Sad times.

Ive only just come onto this site because i knew the place would be in meltdown after tonight. I couldnt watch the game so am waiting to see highlights before commenting on that.

But this is a top post that is balanced and pretty much sums up how i feel at the moment.

We need to act fast whether Houllier stays or goes though. The clock is ticking.

I honestly dont know why people though he'd b aood manager in the first place, beacuse he's **** shite he should have never got back into football management, and appointing that other useless bastard Garry Mac was a joke, i hope Randy has the bollox to sck these rocket polishers now before thing re to late..

I've been prepared to give GH a chance and was hoping that we may have turned a corner at Chelski. Unfortunately I think reality must now hit and his time is up.

I don't think GH is alone in deserving criticism, MON leaving us in the shit was the start, the board not being ruthless enough to go for an employed manager, the players general lack of fight and passion and also I've never been comfortable with Gary Mac as assistant boss, Cov and Middlesborough were both pretty disastrous, what ever gave him the credentials to be Villa assistant boss?

If we are to get rid of GH then I would hope for Jol, if not him then I dunno maybe give the job back to Kmac for the rest of the season (if he'd take it)... i appreciate what people are saying ref Big Sam sorting things out for survival but I just couldn't bare it if he were in charge, please not Big Sam! My choice other than Jol... Paul Lambert. Tough, passionate young manger who teams play good football with passion and strength, he's also got knowledge of the Chamionship if the worst does happen, take a chance on him, what have we got to loose?

Where's the PR machine, sorry i mean the general when you need him, guessw we wont be seeing him for a very long time, houllier has to and go now, if he stays we are going down, lets go for Moyes, he is at everton and knows he has no money and doesnt look happy about it, or is it more PR bullshit that we have funds available, cos if we do i wouldnt trust that french prick to spend it :-).

i shall not be going for the rest of the season, one wasted season ticket:-), call me frickle but i can't sit there and watch my beloved team go down and sadly we are and the sooner we accept this the easier it might be.

The sickening thing is I really thought we'd turned a corner against Chelsea but the truth is we were really just two minutes from losing 3-2 and luckily got a good equaliser from shit Chelsea defending.

A message to Randy. My daughter was born today and it has been an awesome day. Complete my day and sack Houllier. I can't back him any more.

Â