Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

I don't think it settles anything down to be honest. The only thing a statement like that might settle down is press speculation about Houllier's future but there wasn't much of that to start with but regardless of the point at Chelsea it will soon start if the league position and results don't improve. The backing from Faulkner has done little if anything to change my view of Houllier so far and I doubt it has done for a lot of other fans, the only thing that will improve that is results.

He needs results and wins and that needs to start tomorrow or he has to go.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope that everyone gets behind the players and the manager tonight. Any negativity will make the players nervous and play into the hands of the opposition. It's going to be a tough game and we all need to be patient. If we lose this one they are going to be really nervous in the game against Blues and we definitely cannot afford to lose that one. I do think that would be the final straw for the fans and things might just go downhill rapidly if we did lose the next two.

Tbh Pires is only speaking his mind and telling the people what everyone knows already the point against chelsea was a good one as nobody expected us to get anything from the game. However this has not changed our league position we still remain hovering above the relegation zone and should we fail to win against Sunderland tonight i think the fans could still turn.

Adding to that a failure in the FA Cup against championship opposition it will only add more pressure to houllier.

I'm pleased that the club have come out and backed GH today via Paul Faulkner. I think it settles things down a bit and we can focus on the football and climbing the table. I still want him to bring in a couple of players this window though. Really looking forward to the Sunderland game.
I hope it is the dreaded vote of confidence

I don't think it settles anything down to be honest. The only thing a statement like that might settle down is press speculation about Houllier's future but there wasn't much of that to start with but regardless of the point at Chelsea it will soon start if the league position and results don't improve. The backing from Faulkner has done little if anything to change my view of Houllier so far and I doubt it has done for a lot of other fans, the only thing that will improve that is results.

He needs results and wins and that needs to start tomorrow or he has to go.

This! we are still walking the tightrope and as the results last night illustrated the teams around us are also fighting for their premiership lives. We desperately need a win tonight!

Pires can piss off......

who does he think he is saying the manager has 2 games to save his job?

we might only have the services of your useless old legs for a few months but that doesn't give you the right to speak so negatively about us you utter tosser!

Did he not just say the "next two games would be very, very decisive" or something along those lines?

I think he just meant the next two games are just massive games, which they are...

Also said there would be a lot of departures too...

Â