415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think we will finish in the top 10 and have a good run of results soon. Some of the football we play isn't too bad. I think we got a fairly good run of games after Man City. A few signings in January and I see a top 10 finish for us.

Some of the blame aimed at Houllier is pathetic, any manager coming into this mess would struggle really
It wasn't a mess until he made it a mess. there is no way we'd be sitting in this positin with MON or any half decent manage in charge. this tem should be well good enough to have us in the top half of the table, but not under Ged the Red its not.falling out and bashing your players to the press is always going to leave you in this positon though.

Whoever came in this season, I always felt was going to do worse, It's how much worse he does which will be the defining factor in whether he's here next season in my opinion.

Well having this 'success' under MON has meant whatever manager came in next would be subject to intense pressure and anything below what we achieved under the aforementioned would just not be acceptable to some fans

Expectations have been blew out of the water due to how we were previously performing, some would argue that is where we should always be, but face it due to Man City and Tottenham it will take a hell of a long time to get back up there any time soon.

^^^But not all managers would have blundered in and made things worse, as he seems to have done.

Of course not, but there's not many managers that would have done better than he has

And I would argue there aren't many that would have done as badly.

He has himself admitted he didn't realise the job would be so tough, so I guess he was off the pace from day one.

^^^But not all managers would have blundered in and made things worse, as he seems to have done.

Of course not, but there's not many managers that would have done better than he has

Not many managers that would have made as big a mess as GH??.

I think its unfair to judge GH yet. We had one hell of an injury crisis and we are only half way through the season. We should see how we do by the end of the season. The league table is so tight that we could end up anywhere from 6-20.

Some of the blame aimed at Houllier is pathetic, any manager coming into this mess would struggle really
It wasn't a mess until he made it a mess. there is no way we'd be sitting in this positin with MON or any half decent manage in charge. this tem should be well good enough to have us in the top half of the table, but not under Ged the Red its not.falling out and bashing your players to the press is always going to leave you in this positon though.

How would you know that though, all the players are dejected from last season and some players clearly want to leave. We lost our best player for two seasons in a row, lost at Wembley twice and lost out on 4th for a third season in a row. Man City's emergence has made all the players realise there's no chance of top four any time soon, so some of them have just given up, and your darling MON did the same too.

It's not out of the question we will finish in the top half still. Let's see how these next couple games pan out.

Whoever came in this season, I always felt was going to do worse, It's how much worse he does which will be the defining factor in whether he's here next season in my opinion.

Well having this 'success' under MON has meant whatever manager came in next would be subject to intense pressure and anything below what we achieved under the aforementioned would just not be acceptable to some fans

Expectations have been blew out of the water due to how we were previously performing, some would argue that is where we should always be, but face it due to Man City and Tottenham it will take a hell of a long time to get back up there any time soon.

I for one didnt think we'd be up in the top 8 this season, but i didnt think we'd be botton **** 3 at this stage of the season. GH should be ran out of this club as quick as he got here. from day one its all been a farce.

I think its unfair to judge GH yet. We had one hell of an injury crisis and we are only half way through the season. We should see how we do by the end of the season. The league table is so tight that we could end up anywhere from 6-20.
Nah. If we even think there is a risk of finishing 18-20, we need to get rid and get in a manager who will keep us up. We have no reason to maintain a commitment to a manager who may take us down - we owe him nothing really - and the sad fact of footballing life is that the manager is the easiest bit to change if a premier league club is struggling.

I for one didnt think we'd be up in the top 8 this season, but i didnt think we'd be botton **** 3 at this stage of the season. GH should be ran out of this club as quick as he got here. from day one its all been a farce.

We're not bottom three, win tonight and we go 13th. Why as Villa fans does everyone always look down before they look up, yes we are 1 point off the bottom three, but we're also one point off the team in 13th place and 2 points off overtaking them.

Should we win tonight we are then three points off the team in 8th place. Try a positive outlook for once, it might be a little bit better.

We're not bottom three, win tonight and we go 13th. Why as Villa fans does everyone always look down before they look up, yes we are 1 point off the bottom three, but we're also one point off the team in 13th place and 2 points off overtaking them.

Should we win tonight we are then three points off the team in 8th place. Try a positive outlook for once, it might be a little bit better.

Because the current manager instills us with such belief and faith.

Nah. If we even think there is a risk of finishing 18-20, we need to get rid and get in a manager who will keep us up. We have no reason to maintain a commitment to a manager who may take us down - we owe him nothing really - and the sad fact of footballing life is that the manager is the easiest bit to change if a premier league club is struggling.

Yeah because getting rid of him right now would do the club a world of good, four managers in the space of five months, give it a rest. Out of interest who do you think would do better here, and if you say Sam Allardyce I'm not even going to bother to read your posts anymore

Because the current manager instills us with such belief and faith.

The Chelsea game might be a one off, but maybe, just maybe, the team have turned a corner.

As long as GH realises that he has made mistakes and continues to improve the team in the right way then that is fine by me.

Have you not noticed that throughout his career nothing has ever been GH's fault. It's one of his defining personality traits.

Â