Lionel Messi

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Guivarc'h

Kleberson

Roque Junior

Bernade Diomede

Just a few examples of crap players who have won the World Cup. In a team sport I think it is daft to judge the ability of an individual by a trophy they have or haven't won.

Rai also, he was worse then all of those.

Guivarc'h

Kleberson

Roque Junior

Bernade Diomede

Just a few examples of crap players who have won the World Cup. In a team sport I think it is daft to judge the ability of an individual by a trophy they have or haven't won.

Rai also, he was worse then all of those.

What?

Rai was no Ronaldinho but he's not in the same league of crappyness as those mentioned above.

Rai from USA 94. He was poor. He got dropped from the brazil team after game 2 and rightly so.

Ah, so you're talking about players who had poor tournaments but still ended up on the winning side rather than just poor players in general?

I'm just splitting hair because Rai is one of my early non-villa hero's.

For those who say he needs to win world cup, can people please answer I posed a few pages back.

Also 'until he performs on the international stage' ...I am not just saying it but he is their best player pretty much every game. Because of the strikers available to Argentina, he doesn't score as many because others play further forward than him, he has something like 10 assists and 7 goals in last 14 internationals. I'd call that pretty decent. It's not at ridicolous levels but that is naturally to be expected, just like players such as C. Ronaldo have lesser goal rates. Playing in a weaker team with players you don't play with every week, different way of playing etc..

Why is it that others not pulling their weight counts as 'Messi not performing' ... Is it because you just stumble upon Argentina's result in the week and the fact he isn't as prolific in internationals and that means he doesn't perform? I guess you could say I'm biased towards a single player and to be pissy about it, I do watch the Argentina games through the early hours and Messi rarely ever let's his country down.

As for 'have to win the world cup' again as said

If Messi has an average world cup personally but Argentina won it because Aguero, Higuain,

Di Maria etc have a brilliant tournament, he is best in world.

If Messi has a brilliant world cup but Argentina go out in semi's on say penalties then he can't be considered the best cause let's say mascherano missed a penalty with chance to put Argentina through to final etc...? This logic makes no sense.

Guivarc'h

Kleberson

Roque Junior

Bernade Diomede

Just a few examples of crap players who have won the World Cup. In a team sport I think it is daft to judge the ability of an individual by a trophy they have or haven't won

counter argument is that crap players have won Champions League as well like Traore, Biscan,Greening and Roque Junior ;)

side note Kleberson is actually a good player who had injuries in ENgland, even went to last World Cup

Rai from USA 94. He was poor. He got dropped from the brazil team after game 2 and rightly so.

wasnt he injured in USA 94 and then couldnt get back in the team, was also the captain

If Messi has an average world cup personally but Argentina won it because Aguero, Higuain,

Di Maria etc have a brilliant tournament, he is best in world.

worked for Zidane in 98 ;)

The world cup is too random to judge Messi on IMO. Players are lucky if they get 3 attempts at it, Messi will be the same (discounting 06, he didn't play much) Ronaldo never won a CL, yet people still go and call him the greatest striker of this generation.

I will not feed you troll.

Begone.

? so Zidane was amazing in 1998?

There's a bit of a difference between having an average World Cup and being amazing.

To say that Zidane had an average World Cup in '98 is quite frankly ridiculous. Was he also average at Euro 2000?

Personally I'd kill for "average" performances like that at Villa.

Guivarc'h

Kleberson

Roque Junior

Bernade Diomede

Just a few examples of crap players who have won the World Cup. In a team sport I think it is daft to judge the ability of an individual by a trophy they have or haven't won

counter argument is that crap players have won Champions League as well like Traore, Biscan,Greening and Roque Junior ;)

side note Kleberson is actually a good player who had injuries in ENgland, even went to last World Cup

If you think that is a counter argument you are very very wrong. :lol:

Read what I posted, all you are doing is further supporting my point.

To say that Zidane had an average World Cup in '98 is quite frankly ridiculous. Was he also average at Euro 2000?

2000 was his tournament, in France 98 he was pretty average until the final and them 2 goals have blinkered people on the tournament. Best player was the back 4 who only conceded 1 goal in knockout round. Zidane got a red card in the tournament and missed 2 games

Oh no, you did it now....

Think about what you're saying.

TWO GOALS IN THE WORLD CUP FINAL.

so because he got 2 goals in World Cup Final he was best player in the world? Interesting.

Oh no, you did it now....

Think about what you're saying.

TWO GOALS IN THE WORLD CUP FINAL.

so because he got 2 goals in World Cup Final he was best player in the world? Interesting.

What? No. I never said....

....forget I said anything.

Â