The All Things Apple (Only) Topic

Gingerlad

Wow, 8 months of hype for that....no wonder their stock is down post-presentation.

Yeah, how dare they reveal the biggest hardware upgrade to the iphone to date.

What were you people expecting? It's exactly what was expected, dual core, updated graphics, better camera... there's not really anywhere else to go other than bigger screen.

Erm, like you said, the screen?

They increase the size of the screen and they lose the "retina display". They're not going to give up that selling point.

Honestly I don't see why people are so disappointed in this. It's exactly what I expected it would be, anyone that was expecting more was frankly deluded.

I think this move was made on purpose and we will see an IP5 in June as a lot of people who signed up to the ip4 would have taken 2 year contracts so they will be due to upgrade next year just in time for a new model.

This would make sense

Don't really see what the big deal is.

It's exactly what they did with the 3G and 3GS.

Thing is it's not 2009, there is proper competition now that there wasn't then. They can't rely on a proper new phone every 2 years.

Isn't that false economics? You will get a bit of cash to play with but it will end up costing you more in the long run.

im on a 12 month contract mate not 24, so by october 2012 the iphone 5 would be out (probably cheaper too as would have been out for a while) and can get one of them badboys

might as well sell get a new iphone 4 for nothing sell it for £200-£300 and stick with the iphone 4 i already have

I see your point, but how much will you be paying a month to get an ip4 free on a 12 month contract?

Also I very much doubt the ip5 will have dropped in price by the time you upgrade

Bought an apple tv today to go with my new onkyo sound system,I have to say it works very well and AirPlay is superb. It's not for everyone but if like me you have loads of music & films on iTunes then I can highly recommend it for the price.

Got mine from the well known retailer with same name as a rainforest in South America for £91.99.

Forgot to add the free remote app is pretty cool too, control all of your iTunes from iPad or iPhone and plays straight to the atv.

Please can this thread go back to issues related to the Apple silo only. Discussion of the iphone as it relates to other phones should not be in this thread.

with respect, we were talking about iphone tariffs? i thought this thread was designed for all apple talk?

Got mine from the well known retailer with same name as a rainforest in South America for £91.99.

Forgot to add the free remote app is pretty cool too, control all of your iTunes from iPad or iPhone and plays straight to the atv.

I am quite tempted to get one for when I have my Ipod touch or perhaps if I get an Ipad.

Love the description ;)

This question has probably been brought up many times or people are atleast in the same situation as me.

Basically, I have a 3GS with 8 months left on the contract. I took it out from Phones 4 U and the networks on O2. I pay around £35 a month but I'm also paying £12 a month incase it gets lost/broken etc.

Now, without seeing out my contract like a good boy I want to get myself a 4S. Would I be better off in buying an unlocked handset, getting my O2 Sim card cut and using that OR asking phones 4 U to buy out my contract and get myself another tariff with them?

Problem is, I don't use my phone enough to pay for such a big tariff and I'm not going to get much luck in finding a so called cheap one, which is completley understandable.

So I could be better off in taking out a SIM only contract or just topping it up on pay as you go every month. How can I get rid of this contract on my 3GS though...

I would ask P4U in the first instance but they will likely charge you an early cancellation fee which I would imagine will be over £100 as you have 8 months left. It is also going to cost a fair bit up front for the phone unless you go on a mega contract or buy it sim free.

My advice would be to stick with the 3gs until your contract is up.

If you have home and contents insurance I would check if the policy covers phones as mine does so you could save 312pm there.

Please do NOT ask about tariffs in this thread. As per the first post in this thread, it is for discussion of Apple the company and its products. This would have been better asked in the sticky iphone thread or in a new thread. I will lock this thread if people can't keep it on topic.

It might be worth checking your bank account. A lot these days have free phone insurance on them. It's possible that if you get one of their accounts that you pay for each month you get insurance with that, however it may still work out cheaper than your current insurance of £12 per month. My account, for example, is £5 per month and includes phone insurance (as well as other things).

So you could save yourself some money there.

Note: the above comment was regarding an apple product and an insurance policy for that product. At no point did I mention tariffs. I believe this makes it valid for this thread.

If I'm wrong, which I probably am, feel free to delete this post, cover it in red text or, as previously threatened, lock the thread. I assume that's the desired outcome anyway.

Â