The All Things Apple (Only) Topic

Gingerlad

Wow, 8 months of hype for that....no wonder their stock is down post-presentation.

Yeah, how dare they reveal the biggest hardware upgrade to the iphone to date.

What were you people expecting? It's exactly what was expected, dual core, updated graphics, better camera... there's not really anywhere else to go other than bigger screen.

Wow, 8 months of hype for that....no wonder their stock is down post-presentation.

Yeah, how dare they reveal the biggest hardware upgrade to the iphone to date.

What were you people expecting? It's exactly what was expected, dual core, updated graphics, better camera... there's not really anywhere else to go other than bigger screen.

Erm, like you said, the screen?

Shares drop 3% on the news. So will it be another year before the iphone 5 then? Seriously bad for apple if that's true. Rivals will get another new headline phone out before then. They're falling well behind now.

Agree again, and this is somebody who has backed the Iphone all the time, now I am at a point where other phones do more and offer more. I'll just get an Ipod touch for all the Iphone bits I like.

Bad move from Apple.

Thing is it will still sell out on the first day.

It is a shame they didn't go or a bigger screen and design change but other than that the specs and os are still pretty good and will perform as well as anything currently available.

Still going to be having a look at the prime and this ice cream malarkey next week.

Oh of course it'll sell out, but the impact will likely be seen more early next year when peoples long iphone 4 contracts expire and the temptation of other new headline handsets temp many to cross the divide. People might not want to wait until an iphone 5 at the end of next year. I think that'll be the potential damage this release might have. That in turn heaps pressure on the iphone 5, it has to accept the realities that screen size norms have changed from the first iphone.

Anyway we shall see in time, but nokia microsoft combo are waiting to play their first hand let alone the android onslaught.

Poor move from Apple. I'm glad I got the Galaxy S2 and didn't hold out for this release.

On another note, I'm hoping that the next iPad is a big improvement over the current one, as Apple will have my custom again if it is. I have held off getting one of them as there is still too much missing, yet I'm hoping their next version has much more. We shall see though...

What a huge blow to Apple that was.

Not really.

There is nothing wrong with the current design and Apple have decided that, rather than printing money with any old new design people would lap up.

Put all this new guff in a new design everyone would be saying its the best thing since sliced bread.

In this very thread people have said the iPhone is too big, only just getting used to its form factor and size.

Apple go and make it bigger with a bigger screen they would be uproar that its too big again.

Regardless you said we would be getting an iPhone 5 in August, so i'll take what you say with a pinch of salt.

Oh of course it'll sell out, but the impact will likely be seen more early next year when peoples long iphone 4 contracts expire and the temptation of other new headline handsets temp many to cross the divide. People might not want to wait until an iphone 5 at the end of next year. I think that'll be the potential damage this release might have. That in turn heaps pressure on the iphone 5, it has to accept the realities that screen size norms have changed from the first iphone.

Anyway we shall see in time, but nokia microsoft combo are waiting to play their first hand let alone the android onslaught.

No one has said it will be a year,have they? I think it will revert back to June.

Screen size has become essential for me, ever since playing with a few other phones, i've notivlced how much i am missing out, safari fits far less on than the web browser on 4"+ screens, just the other day i was using a phone which had a bigger screen and didnt have to pinch and zoom as much. Lack of flash has become a bit frustrating too, it's not all about what is inside. Would you shag an intelligent chick even if she looked like Maggie Thatcher!? Sorry but the Nexus Prime looks to have everything I need and for my apple stuff and music a 32gb ipod touch will suffice.

What a huge blow to Apple that was.

Not really.

There is nothing wrong with the current design and Apple have decided that, rather than printing money with any old new design people would lap up.

Put all this new guff in a new design everyone would be saying its the best thing since sliced bread.

In this very thread people have said the iPhone is too big, only just getting used to its form factor and size.

Apple go and make it bigger with a bigger screen they would be uproar that its too big again.

Regardless you said we would be getting an iPhone 5 in August, so i'll take what you say with a pinch of salt.

or was the 4S a fall back position if they couldnt cure the overheating problem with the new 5 design. They now look as though they are waiting to try it with the new processor due at the end of the year.

The big issue for Apple now is that all the major smartphone manufacturers are going to get one maybe two new models out who will each raise the bar so they will massively be playing catch-up with the Iphone 5.

I think this move was made on purpose and we will see an IP5 in June as a lot of people who signed up to the ip4 would have taken 2 year contracts so they will be due to upgrade next year just in time for a new model.

my upgrade is due this month this settles it im just going to orde rnaother iphone 4 and sell it off straight away for a couple hundred

Isn't that false economics? You will get a bit of cash to play with but it will end up costing you more in the long run.

Â