The All Things Apple (Only) Topic

Gingerlad

Yes the micro USB connection is now EU standard for charger connections - although Apple with its massive stash of cash and big legal department may well just tell the EU to **** off.

That's a battle even Apple would end up losing. I think they'll just switch to micro usb. Rather than get fined

They have their dock port to micro usb convertor, which allows them to comply with the regulations without actually complying with them.

They'll probably have the same for their new connector, I'd be VERY surprised if they just went with a micro usb connector, they make too much licensing accessories to do that.

Wasn't it the European Union that made the decision that phone manufacturers had to have the same charger connections?

It was a voluntary agreement between pretty much everybody (including Apple) which has since been passed into law. There is nothing stopping Apple continuing to sell a micro USB to 32 pin dock connector to comply with such a law though. Personally I hope they go micro USB as it will be a win for consumers. The third party iPhone peripheral market will open up to Android users in a big way.

I create things with it every day, what do you mean?

It asks me to go online to create. I don't always have access.

Ah, you didn't mention that you needed it to work away from the net. The Android Google Drive app certainly lets you choose "offline" then "new", I just checked. Do you have the latest version?

I call shenanigans!

A mobile phone company has probably taken a guess based on last year and the release of ios6 and told him it will be in October.

Hmmm, it is quarter 4, but I can go a little bit more specific than that.

Who told you October?

I call shenanigans!

A mobile phone company has probably taken a guess based on last year and the release of ios6 and told him it will be in October.

Hmmm, it is quarter 4, but I can go a little bit more specific than that.

Who told you October?

Nobody, just a guess based on last year although I wouldn't be surprised if we saw something in September.

I create things with it every day, what do you mean?

It asks me to go online to create. I don't always have access.

Ah, you didn't mention that you needed it to work away from the net. The Android Google Drive app certainly lets you choose "offline" then "new", I just checked. Do you have the latest version?

I have the latest version, I can't start a fresh document offline but can edit offline docs. But I need to be able to open a new doc at any time, without leaving the app or being online.

It's the only suggestion anyone has come up with. You'd think that for a company so creative, Apple would at least let you create new docs. Perhaps Google can fix this in their next version of the app :mrgreen:

It's the only suggestion anyone has come up with. You'd think that for a company so creative, Apple would at least let you create new docs. Perhaps Google can fix this in their next version of the app :mrgreen:

It's not really Apple's fault though surely?

Apple do let you create new docs - the sticking point is dk's desire for "free" apps. There's apps that do it - Apple's pages for example, but if people want something for "nothing" (not really nothing, as Google makes lots of money from your identity and details) it's going to be a harder find.

It's amazing how much you take for granted. You'd assume that creating a doc for free on the most expensive phone in the world would be a given.

I was astonished that you need to pay for the same app twice if you want it on your ipad and iphone, I mean really! I have to be misled by the video surely?

I was astonished that you need to pay for the same app twice if you want it on your ipad and iphone, I mean really! I have to be misled by the video surely?

Fairly sure you don't.

Although I've never actually done it, when you DL an app to your iPhone it's also downloaded on your iTunes on your PC (or it'll add it to your iTunes when you plug your phone in if you haven't got the cloud thingamajig).

Then i assume you can just add that app from iTunes to your iPad.

Not sure though

I Googled it, and seems some apps, actually most, but especially games require you to pay twice. At the inflated app store prices too.

It seems to be developers choosing to make versions of their apps for ipad, and so requires a little bit of changing to the code. So they technically claim it as a new app.

I Googled it, and seems some apps, actually most, but especially games require you to pay twice. At the inflated app store prices too.

Not true. if you get the iphone app it will also work on ipad, and you do not have to pay twice.

It seems to be developers choosing to make versions of their apps for ipad, and so requires a little bit of changing to the code. So they technically claim it as a new app.
That's true - if people make an iPad and an iphone version, it's possible to buy both versions, but you don't have to.

Apps made just for iPads, or rejiggered for ipads for the higher res etc. their developers are selling them at higher prices.

Â