The All Things Apple (Only) Topic

Gingerlad

Speculation is there will be one in the spring,purely based on the last 2 releases.

It's one of those things only you can decide and depends how quickly you want one,if we all waited for the next big release no one would own anything!

You may not use flash but it's still worth mentioning as it's absent and it's quite prevalent on the internet, it was important to point it out before he buys one

Not really, Flash is a dying format.

Adobe themselves has stopped supporting it for mobile devices.

These days you probably think your using flash when in fact its HTML5 or JS.

Flash is terrible, good riddance.

You may not use flash but it's still worth mentioning as it's absent and it's quite prevalent on the internet, it was important to point it out before he buys one

Not really, Flash is a dying format.

Adobe themselves has stopped supporting it for mobile devices.

These days you probably think your using flash when in fact its HTML5 or JS.

Flash is terrible, good riddance.

At last we agree on something :)

• 5 months later...

Afternoon guys.

Simply little question i have, if one of you can help i would appreciate it.

Right, i have an iPod which is sync'd with my laptop at home where my library is stored. Is it possible to set iTunes up on my works PC and download music to my iPod without wiping all my songs off?

Thanks in advance guys.

I believe you can only sync music to one computer at a time, unless you use iCloud and itunes match.

Without that, you'd need to put all your music etc on your works computer, then sync with it after you'd downloaded the songs on that PC.

If you get a new iPad 2 (that being an iPad 2 which has been manufactured in the past couple of months) then it will have much better battery life than an old iPad 2 or the iPad 3. This is due to a stealth upgrade from Apple.

15-30% depending on what you are doing with it. 15% is for web browsing, 30% for watching video. The extended battery life is down to Apple putting the 32nm A5 processor in the device instead of the 45nm version from last year. Basically it can do the same amount of work for less.

Been using loads of spanking new tech at the moment as I'm in Seoul. I've been in starbucks for over an hour now spending time with the new ipad, awesome piece of kit. The ability to actually type properly with the keyboard is a boon, i've only ever used the utterly worst piece of junk known to man the asus transformer android tablet and its the worst thing ive ever owned, period.

The new ipad would nearly nearly change my mind about tablets in general. But it just wont, there is no contest between an ipad and an ultrabook or mackbook air, the computer wins in every possible way there is except price. But an ipad doesnt replace a pc, it never will and you'll need a pc and an ipad is an extra, but then you'll have a macbook and an ipad. Better decision is buy a macbook air or ultrabook it's the only choice imo it covers the portability and usability of an ipad combined with the actual requirement of a pc

Still though ipad 3 is awesome piece of kit

• 3 weeks later...

WWDC today. Macbook Air refresh pretty much as expected, Ivybridge processors now being used. iOS 6 is out, Apple now using their own maps instead of Google maps (which means I will probably switch Android for iPhone later this year) and an all singing, all dancing Macbook Pro with Retina display. That thing looks the bollocks (2880x1800 on a 15 inch screen!) but I'm guessing you are going to have to pony up £1800+ for one.

Well, I'm not sure we have any way of knowing if its better or worse until its actually out? And why the switch to iOS? Just for a change really, I've been on Android for about three years (since 1.6) and I just want to see what life is like on the other side.

That's next years upgrade, innit? Mind you, the pro is just over half an inch thick now which is quite impressive. And of course, all of these shiny new features (retina pixel density, well under an inch thick) will be on mid range machines when I come to upgrade mine in a couple of years.

Â