The All Things Apple (Only) Topic

Gingerlad

I think it will be a significant change. Apple have to go with a 4" screen now, dont they?

Original rumours were for the A5 chip, 4" screen + 64gb flash memory. If these are confirmed, I will upgrade. I am just beginning to think it will be the 4s in November and the 5 next year.

Rainer as you can see these threads derail quickly. But that's my advice, new iphone will be out this year, so wait, if you don't want to wait have a look at the other brand new phones out. I'd advise against buying a year old iphone 4 at a still premium price, especially as you already have a 3GS.

Thanks mate, i think i will wait for the iphone 5 to come out then. Any rough idea on how much i may have to pay for the phone? If i remember correctly i paid about £180 for my iphone 3. No chance ill get a free upgrade?

Once the iphone 5 is out, ring your phone company.

Ask them to be put through to disconnections.

When they ask why you're leaving tell them it's because *insert competitor's name here* will give you the new iphone for 50 quid.

They'll knock down the price. You won't get it for free, but they'll give you a discount.

Sound advice, but what I would add is ensure the deal exists as you can guarantee the advisor will have all the available deals in front of them and call your bluff if its bollocks.

It's never happened to me before.

The phone companies are so flexible with what they offer you that just because the deal doesn't exist doesn't mean they can't offer it to you.

Obviously it's better if the other deal exists, but as long as you make it clear you want to disconnect, they'll buckle.

Uber result.

Had a rant at O2 yesterday. O2 broadband has been really slow lately, O2 mobile phone direct debit keeps being taken out on the wrong day.

Ranted at them saying I wanted to cancel everything. Mobile, broadband, my wife's mobile.

Walked away with a 2 month early free upgrade to iPhone 4, 6 months free mobile line rental and 6 months free broadband.

Saving: £312

:)

Got the iPad 2, love it.

Same here. Had it for 2 days and really liking it. Not an essential thing to have at all, but once you get it you want to use it as much as you can, finding a place for it both at home and for work type stuff.

Does anyone know if its possible to have an iPod Touch where the apps are downloaded by one itunes account but the Facetime feature works by another?

Basically my brother has an ipod touch and to save him buying apps i already we registered my itunes account on his ipod, but it means he cant recieve facetime calls to his ipod as it goes by the email address which is linked to my iPhone.

Anyone had a similiar problem?

Please do not discuss iOS in this thread as it is not allowed by the rules in the OP. thanks

Is iOS not an Apple product then?

By products I assumed you meant physical things as you separately listed apps. Feel free to amend it for clarity. I'm not trying to be clever, just enforcing the rules you requested to the best of my understanding.

I wouldn't classify an OS release as a product as most OSes are free and not products by definition. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Â