Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

I was under the impression that no companion can die, unless you hit them by mistake when they are bent over regaining hp...

No, they definitely can die, when I had Lydia she got eaten by a dragon the poor bitch. :(

Of the three companions I've had, two of them were killed by me! Probably their own fault for running between me and some enemy when i've got my bow drawn.

The third looked dead, but continued to talk and move around, albeit by sliding along the ground on her back looking dead. No good in a fight at all. I dismissed her and she slid off into the distance, never to be seen again.

50 hours and level 29. This game will never end.

From what I've seen, companions can die but not from direct damage dealt by combat NPCs (which just brings them to their knees instead). Environmental damage, lingering DoTs (I think, not 100% sure on those) and the player hurting them are what finish them off if they're low on health.

Lydia died fairly soon in my game but since then, I've been roaming about with some cocky wizard guy from Riften called Mercurio but whilst wearing an Amulet of Mara he took a shine to me, wanting something more which made the adventuring a little awkward. Now I love the gays as much as anyone else but it just ain't how I role so I thought it best he went back home to Riften immediately.

I've not had a companion, bar a couple forced on me by missions. I don't really want one - Stone of Steed means I don't really need a pack mule, and my style of sneaking and archery before meleeing it up I don't think lends itself to having some shonky AI following me about.

No, I'll wander into the distance alone...

;)

i also have a huge bounty on my head in markarth

i was doing a thieve guild quest where i have to reveal what some writing means from another language, had to fight all the guards and barely made it out alive. i dont even know if i had to fight them or not but once i started my bounty just got bigger and bigger

Yeah, I have just upgraded to the Expert (75 point) level spells and none of them are as much fun as the fireball. The fact that fireball sounds and explodes like a ballistic missile is really really satisfying. I might go back to Frost I guess!

Yeah, I have just upgraded to the Expert (75 point) level spells and none of them are as much fun as the fireball. The fact that fireball sounds and explodes like a ballistic missile is really really satisfying. I might go back to Frost I guess!

I cant be arsed with switching between frost (damages stamina and slows down) and lighting (drains magica) so i just stick with fire that i think does same hp damage but is cheaper so you can cast more before you run low...... and this is when ive offically become a geek!

Fire does more damage after the first cast because targets already on fire take more damage. Swapping is easy on PC too, you simply hotkey your favourite spells so you dont have to pause the game to swap.

More thought on the Expert levels in destruction magic now and I am not feeling the spells at all. The fire spell (incinerate) is 44 mana for 90 damage whereas the previous level (fireball) looks and sounds better and is just 19 mana for 60 damage. Fireball does 3 damage for every point of mana while Incinerate spell only manages 2 points. Ultimately this means I can get a lot more damage out of my mana pool, and while it takes longer to do that damage I am blowing stuff up so incredibly quickly with the lower level spell anyway that a higher DPS is simply not needed where more damage per mana would be very handy.

Oh, and one of my favourite websites does a mod guide: (link)

My PS3 save is now over 10MB in size. Should I be worried? I hope the impending patch clears the cache as out door sections are getting a little jittery. To combat it I turned off auto-save, and promptly fell off a cliff after not manually saving for about 2 hours v___v ugh.

Block up to 100 now, and I've got a kick ass shield with +30% block damage reduction on it. Very very keen for the final block perk which allows you to run inmto enemies with it up and knock em down :D I can see me having alooot of fun with that. At the same time though I'm really eager to get the final smithing perk, another Speech perk to get prices better, and the lockpicking perk to increase special treasure rates. The decision for what perks to go for seems to have got alot harder in the last few levels (level 38 now)

You can hire a coach to take you between any of the major cities. Costs between 20 and 50 gold. Obviously you have to get to at least one of the major cities by foot to begin with.

Question: Is there any sort of way I could travel to say Windhelm without having to do it on foot?

Just started out the game and the distance looks daunting and I'm afraid of the dark. Any options?

I assume you've made it to Whiterun already? If so, outside the city walls, right near the stables is a horse and cart. Speak to the driver, for a few gold he will take you to any of the Hold Capitals.

Going to go and buy this game tomorrow with my winnings from Ladbrokes and see what all the fuss is. Haven't played any of the previous titles but i'm assuming from what i've read it's kind of Assassins Creed meets Zelda?

Nope nowhere close, it's an RPG where you basically define what your character does, nothing like Zelda or Assassin's Creed in that sense.

Â