Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

Its more like Fallout 3 with swords tbh.

Except much, much better and far more epic.

My Lydia (sob sob :( ) is gone for good now after a brutal battle with the mages of Morvunskar.

Lydia met the same fate for me, all worth it for a nice prize at the end. Sad seeing her dead though poor thing, she served her purpose though.

Going to go and buy this game tomorrow with my winnings from Ladbrokes and see what all the fuss is. Haven't played any of the previous titles but i'm assuming from what i've read it's kind of Assassins Creed meets Zelda?

Nope nowhere close, it's an RPG where you basically define what your character does, nothing like Zelda or Assassin's Creed in that sense.

Having played the game for a few hours this afternoon, it appears I was correct in my assumption, at least in terms of gameplay. Moving about on foot, head-to-head combat, gaining allies, stealing from dead bodies..etc..all quite similar to AC.

Going to go and buy this game tomorrow with my winnings from Ladbrokes and see what all the fuss is. Haven't played any of the previous titles but i'm assuming from what i've read it's kind of Assassins Creed meets Zelda?

Nope nowhere close, it's an RPG where you basically define what your character does, nothing like Zelda or Assassin's Creed in that sense.

Having played the game for a few hours this afternoon, it appears I was correct in my assumption, at least in terms of gameplay. Moving about on foot, head-to-head combat, gaining allies, stealing from dead bodies..etc..all quite similar to AC.

You are kidding right?

I can see why thematically it could be like AC and Zelda, historical settings, swords and daggers, dungeons to explore. Mechanically it is absolutely nothing like either of those titles.

OK, firstly.. :shock: @ troon.

Secondly, hit 85 hours on my save yesterday. After finishing the main quest, the Companions, the Civil War and the Mage College quests I've started on the Thieves Guild. Currently about 4 mission into that. Nice change of pace. Also collected my 8th Daedric Artifact (Azura's Star).

85 hours in and there is still so much to do. Epic game is epic.

Had my first session of wasted time. A couple of missions have bugs in them and won't let me finish them, and then I made the mistake of joining the Dark Brotherhood, which all got a bit hectic when guards and dragons attacked me at the same time. Fortunately I had a save not too far back, but I wasted much of 2 hours. Word of advice, save your progress often, and save at least two versions of your game.

collected my 8th Daedric Artifact (Azura's Star).

Isn't that dungeon wonderful? Underwater castle thing - Ilminta's Deep or something. I found the last room with the skeleton sitting in the chair and the shadows on the back wall to be very creepy.

Also have a wonderful glitch on my game at the moment. There's a guy near Riften called Lucien LeChance (or something like that) who wants you to go steal a horse for him, which I did. Ever since then, I'll see him walking on some road somewhere, minus the horse though. Turns out he keeps walking to Whiterun over and over again - although now there are currently 4 of him just standing outside the stables, doing nothing :lol: And one of those is buried in the ground up to his waist :D I presume they will just keep multiplying until there are hundreds of him standing together, which should be fun

Troon did you just google what computer games are and buy and xbox and Skyrim last week?

Ahh, you don't have to go to far for some intelligent debate on VT! Love it!

comparing AC to Skyrim is saying Mario is pretty much Unchartered 3.

even less so because AC isn't even an RPG, it's so liniar and repetitive whereas Skyrim is as open as a single player non online game can be.

It's even moreso than Fallout which is very similar.

there is much more detail in SKyrim due to the nature of the surroundings and also there are a lot more places to explor and quests to go on.

Not only that there has been development into NPC integration and economics in the game resulting in your actions having more of an effect than on previous games.

so really other than the fact AC and Skyrim have swords and are set in times gone by in a non realistic environment they aren't alike at all.

dante you on PC?

how did you do that as you cannot seem to drop multiple items and they all drop individually. for me anyway.

I tried dropping 75 potatoes off a bridge onto someone and it just dropped 1 potato worth all 75 units :(

Any tips on how to defeat a druagr scourge?? I'm only level 4 but I stumbled into a place called "Volthume" I think?? The buggers health just doesn't go down,

he's laid waste to myself and Lydia about a dozen times now, should I wait until i've levelled up before going back?

Â