• Delfouneso (for Heskey 83)
    • Herd (for Albrighton 90+2)

Soon we'll be able to play:

-----------------------FRIEDEL----------------------------------

---LICHAJ---------CUELLAR------COLLINS------WARNOCK-----

---ALBRIGHTON---PETROV-----DOWNING-----A.YOUNG-----

--------------------AGBONLAHOR---HESKEY--------------------

With a bench of:

GUZAN, YOUNG, DUNNE, NRC, PETROV, NRC, DELPH, CAREW.

Ain't bad to me. And that's without anyone arriving.

Where did the Petrov twins come from?

You've not heard? We're signing the Cheeky Boys in January.

A t last well done GH for dropping dunne, what was needed we got now lets move on from here. Still need to get 2 upfront and get ash wide IMO as thats where he does most damage and got hacked down from today. UTV

From what I managed to catch during my stream-hopping afternoon, 1st half was a bit tricksy - Albion were attacking quite effectively for a lot of the time but an excellent goal on the counterattack from Downing via Albrighton. Much more in control in the 2nd half and another moment of sheer magic from Albrighton for our 2nd goal - that cross was phenomenal!

Can you guess who's getting my man of the match? :)

Fair play to Albion, they are a good side and on a luckier day could have nicked a point but I thought we battled hard and deserved the win in the end - shame about the last minute nerviness, though.

First half looked pretty even, WBA had more chances. Second half we looked very good.

Friedel- 6 Nothing to do really, don't think he made a save.

Warnock- 4(first half) 7 (second half) What kills me about Warnock is that he is deceptively quick, reads the game well and anticipates passes...but he's just so damn inconsistent. He's 29 now right? Don't know if he'll ever become a consistently good (see 2nd half) player.

Collins- 6 I don't see where all this hate is coming from. Light years better than previous matches. Collins is what he is: Excellent in the air, poor quickness, gets turned too easily and has so-so positioning. He got turned badly once, besides that he was excellent in the air. So many people get confused with him being brave and good in the air and think that makes him a great CB. Sorry, he ain't...but good match today.

CC- 7 No nonsense, several very good tackles...indirectly at fault for the goal, but made 1, count that, 1 mistake all match. Very good...with some more matches under his belt he'll only improve. I'd love to see him paired with Clark. Btw CC is a much better RCB and should always be on that side.

Lichaj 6.5 U-S-A U-S-A!!! He was very good, had a lot do deal with defensively but held his own for the most part. Love the throw in. There's not much between him and L.Young...Lichaj is 22-23 and Young is 31, lots of upside for Lichaj, give him a run in the side GH.

Don't feel like rating the rest, too lazy. Hogg looked good again. Heskey does the small things very well. Wins lots of headers, holds the balls up, etc. He works very hard. I'm a fan this year!! Delfonz is a joke, looks lazy...send him out on loan somewhere.

Young and Downing very good, especially downing. NRC isn't match fit quite yet.

3 points are lovely!!!!!!!!!!!

From Opta on Twitter

9 - Emile Heskey completed just nine passes in the 84 minutes that he was on the pitch for Aston Villa today. Ghostly.

But then Ian Taylor writes

» Wow! And a goal!!

Heskey - 7.5 excellent finish and showed his value by providing a useful outlet up front, lacking some sharpness at times with a couple of typical "crap heskey" moments - but will be sharper at Wigan. Good lad Emile.

subs -

''excellent finish''? you're joking right?

Thought Heskey was poor today, could/should have scored more. probs did better than carew would have tho

Great 3 points.

Downing was brilliant, as was Young who really led by example. Thank fook for Cuellar, he was brilliant today. He reads the game so well, just superb. Thought that Lichaj played really well too, especially on debut.

Downing MOTM.

Sounds as if the young lad Lichaj had a solid game?

Yeah he was solid and looked composed on the ball. Did things with minimal fuss and kept Thomas relatively quite. Didn't make many mistakes and you wouldn't have known it was is Premier League debut.

He actually surprised me because from what I've seen of him in pre-season games in the past he's looked very average.

Heskey angled himself well to finish the cross in fairness, it's just he didn't seem to get a great view of it coming to him and looked a bit wryly amused that he'd scored. The commentator on my stream was repeatedly insisting that he knew nothing about it and that it had hit his shoulder on every replay, despite that not really appearing to be entirely true. I think having to watch James Collins impersonate Dystonic Free Willy between you and the ball would make any finish count as a bit tricky, really.

School boy error from NRC moving off the post, he cost us a clean sheet :angry:

Other than that i'm just grateful for the win. We have an incredible player in Albrighton, I don't even think I can call him a prospect any more..

I predicted 2-0 before the game, Downing and Bannan to score..

After Downing scored I was urging Bannan into the box but it didn't happen!

3 points badly needed, lets hope we do wigan as well and start climbing the table, ready for a spending spree in Jan!!

Heskey - 7.5 excellent finish and showed his value by providing a useful outlet up front, lacking some sharpness at times with a couple of typical "crap heskey" moments - but will be sharper at Wigan. Good lad Emile.

subs -

''excellent finish''? you're joking right?

Thought Heskey was poor today, could/should have scored more. probs did better than carew would have tho

Other than just about every word not being a true reflection of reality that's a great post.

He wasn't poor, he made a huge difference to our play, he had a coule of chances to score and converted one showing excellent awareness and reactions to do so and there is no "probably" about him doing better than that useless, lazy word removed Carew would have done.

Â