World Cup Host 2022  

56 members have voted

1. 1. World Cup Host 2022

• Qatar
    • USA
    • South Korea
    • Australia
    • Japan

If Sepp wants to do that, its fine. He (and FIFA) should just be **** honest about it. The bidding process was pretty pointless as the best bids didnt win, so should we just think that FIFA use the process as a way to ensure their top brass get paid?

its all because of £££, think about it you wouldnt have the bigs guns like england, france, germany etc bidding and there wouldnt be any interest in it. also i think this fat slobs at fifa like to be wined and dined by as many people as possible

I know it plays in he Asia region now but when is Australisia going to have a world cup?
When they can win the Ashes. Which may be quite some time! :lol:

That is an insanely long time between World Cups in South America. Glad to know we're not the only ones who have been wronged.

Good point.

1986 was supposed to be held in Colombia which makes it slightly better but even 1986 - 2014 is pretty ridiculous, let alone 1978 - 2014.

Midlands 2026. If a small part of the world with baking temperatures and no interest in football can host it, then the area of the first ever double winners and footballing heartbeat (:lol:) of the league is,

Midlands 2026. If a small part of the world with baking temperatures and no interest in football can host it, then the area of the first ever double winners and footballing heartbeat (:lol:) of the league is,

When is Preston in the Midlands ;)

Michel Platini says holding Qatar World Cup in January is possible• Switch proposed to alleviate effects of heat on players

Michel Platini, the president of Uefa, says he is not opposed to the idea of rescheduling the 2022 World Cup in Qatar to winter from summer to avoid extreme temperatures in the desert nation.

After a Uefa meeting in Prague yesterday, Platini said it would be easier to organise the World Cup in January, instead of June: "On that I agree, and why not? It's possible."

Platini said, however, that the change, proposed by the outgoing Fifa executive member Franz Beckenbauer, would open up a number of issues, including whether players should be given February to rest.

At the same time, Platini defended the choice of Qatar, claiming players had already faced playing in extreme heat at the 1994 World Cup in the United States.

Guardian

No thought for the premeir league I see.

I've no doubt what so ever that they do know about our lack of a winter break. I'd be surprised if this would even be considered when they come to decide upon the timing of the world cup.

I'm surprised you think that Platini or Blatter & co would give a damn.

I don't see why the "WORLD CUP" has to be held at a time to suit the europeans. I'm sure with 12 years notice league's might be able to re-arrange their fixtures.

What Leagues are being played in June? doesn't a world cup then suit more countries, not just Europeans.

Â