How Much Will the January Net Spend Be?

bickster

What will be Villa's net spend in the January Window?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. What will be Villa's net spend in the January Window?

• negative i.e. we recoup more in fees than we spend
    • £0 - £4.9mil
    • £5mil - £9.9mil
    • £10mil - £14.9mil
    • £15mil - £19.9mil
    • £20mil plus

I think we'll spend heavily and large portions of it will be on a striker and a midfielder, there's a United ITK claiming he knows a Villa insider and we are going to take Carrick of them, it wouldn't surprise me if he joined!
would you want him though,i know i wouldn't i dont rate him tbh..

I think we'll spend heavily and large portions of it will be on a striker and a midfielder, there's a United ITK claiming he knows a Villa insider and we are going to take Carrick of them, it wouldn't surprise me if he joined!
would you want him though,i know i wouldn't i dont rate him tbh..

i think hed do a very good job tbh

I really hope not! Carrick is past his best, whatever his best was.

I put 15-19.9 million though I think the transfers will go one of two ways. Either a fair bit of money in january, and minimal in the summer, or switch those 2 around. I know RL might be a bitter with the $$ he has put in and was flushed away but we need at least some investment for GH to get the players he wants into his system.

I am sure he has been in talks with RL since hte moment he took control about the funds he wants/will need for January and the summer. My thoughts are he already has a list of the players he wants to bring in and their cost to the club. If we get the $$ expect the transfers to come fast and furious.

Well, it's all up in the air I suppose. So far GH has mentioned how January isn't his favourite time to buy, but I think he might have to in order to a) satisfy the supporters and give then an inkling into which direction he wants to take the club

and B) purely because of our injury list (hopefully nothing to do with the new fitness training otherwise we could be seeing more injuries)

If he buys Carrick though, he would be going against a point he made about how the buy british policy is on its way out. Buying Carrick in his first transfer window would be a bit hypocritical but I guess it wouldn't be the be all and end all.

I personally don't rate him however, I'd rather see Delph get in there and grow into the role but having some cover wouldn't go amiss, just please not Carrick.

Well, it's all up in the air I suppose. So far GH has mentioned how January isn't his favourite time to buy, but I think he might have to in order to a) satisfy the supporters and give then an inkling into which direction he wants to take the club

and B) purely because of our injury list (hopefully nothing to do with the new fitness training otherwise we could be seeing more injuries)

If he buys Carrick though, he would be going against a point he made about how the buy british policy is on its way out. Buying Carrick in his first transfer window would be a bit hypocritical but I guess it wouldn't be the be all and end all.

I personally don't rate him however, I'd rather see Delph get in there and grow into the role but having some cover wouldn't go amiss, just please not Carrick.

Delph should be back by the time the window opens and might save a few quid. The Fonz may also save a few quid too. I would like to see a couple come in to boost numbers but not if the kids are better than what GH wants to bring in. I'd like to see a few leave if possible.

Tbh, the most we might want to sign would be a LB, a striker, and possibly a big, pacey, physical, goalscoring, creative midfielder if there's one available :)

I believe our January spend will be limited by what is available. The club would have us believe there's money to be spent, but I doubt we will be trying to persuade any reluctant sellers by offering much over the odds. We will also be looking to offload Sidwell and Carew, mainly to get rid of their wage bill (IMO)

There might be as much as 30 mill available if we can do that, but it'll be hard to spend.

• 1 month later...

I have put £20m + as this looks a virtual certainty. MM seems very confident of 2 more after Bent. Only sale likely to net us some serious money would be Ireland I think

IN

Bent - £18m

Makoun - £6m

Adam - £5m

Figueroa - £4m

Walker - £Loan

TOTAL - £33m

OUT

Warnock - £Loan

Davies - £2.5m

Carew - £2m

Sidwell - £0.35m

Ireland - £6m

TOTAL - £10.85m

Net - £22.15m

The best bit is that we are probably selling £235k/week worth of wages and spending approx £175k/week on the other players so that's also a big bonus for us.

I have put £20m + as this looks a virtual certainty. MM seems very confident of 2 more after Bent. Only sale likely to net us some serious money would be Ireland I think
I agree. I voted (before today obviously) for 5-10 million. Looks like I was way off the mark. :lol:

Who is that in your avatar btw? :P

I agree. I voted (before today obviously) for 5-10 million. Looks like I was way off the mark. :lol:

Who is that in your avatar btw? :P

Believe it or not it is Natalie Imbruglia!

Â