How Much Will the January Net Spend Be?

bickster

What will be Villa's net spend in the January Window?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. What will be Villa's net spend in the January Window?

• negative i.e. we recoup more in fees than we spend
    • £0 - £4.9mil
    • £5mil - £9.9mil
    • £10mil - £14.9mil
    • £15mil - £19.9mil
    • £20mil plus

Net spend I can't see being much at all. Houllier has already laid the foundations of not expected much in January, as many a manager does ('It's a hard time to buy' etc) and I somewhat agree with him on that. I also can't see us spending much anyway, and I suspect that we may move on a player or 2 so that'll bring any net spend down anyway. I expect a loan or 2 which aren't exactly going to break the bank.

So, not a lot.

15-19 for me.

Cuellar (?) - £6m

Carew gone for £2m

Osbourne & Salifou on loan

In

Gervinho - £10m

Hoarau - £14m

Fabio (loan) - £1.5m loan fee.

Speculation though. Don't want Cuellar to leave,m but I want a good froward and a back up left back.

Just speculating on which money spent where Bicks... although I reckon we'll definitely get a left back in.

(please please please a good stirker!)

I think it will be very much dependant on where we are in the league come January.

If we slip into the bottom 3, I think Lerner's hand may be forced and we may find ourselves buying 3-4 players to get us out of it. Otherwise, I don't see a huge change. Carew will likely be out, but I can't see anyone else leaving until the summer; everyone else will have a part to play, especially Sidwell and Beye. Most of our other players (if Houllier wants to get rid of the likes of Salifou and Osbourne) won;t really get enough money in to affect this poll hugely.

Is it just me being the one hopeing we dont spend too much in january?

January is notorious for being expensive as clubs are desperate halfway through a season. Theres a lot of bad press aroudn Villa right now so I'm not sure how much people would want to join us in reality.

I would like us to just get enough to hold out a few goals, see how the youngsters pan out over season to know who we can rely on next season and compliment them in a proper transfer window at end of season.

£5-9.9m, closer to £5m than £9m. The market isn't the best in January but I think we'll get a couple of faces and some leaving to make the squad a bit better. Then we'll see what happens during next summer.

As sad as it is, I'm just hoping for a 'respectable' finish this season. Which is anything from 7th to 13th. We won't do better than that this season, and I'm slightly worried about us slipping dangerously lower. Most of our spending will certainly happen in the summer, as Houllier reshapes his team to get us back to challenging towards the top end next season.

It's always very difficult to sign players in January, even squad players become useful in the latter half of the season as tiredness kicks in, so clubs just don't want to sell.

As sad as it is, I'm just hoping for a 'respectable' finish this season. Which is anything from 7th to 13th.

I'm along the lines of "as long as we dont get relegated" and a win against the scum would be a bonus.

We can write this season off as a baptism of fire, allow houllier to assess over a season what is really wrong and then fix it. I dont mind blooding plenty of youngsters and trialling/tinkering to find out what are strengths currently are and what we really have in the youth over a season.

But we must fix any problems during the summer and mount a serious challenge next season. Thats why I dont think the january transfer window is all that for us, save the cash for the summer.

10-14.9ml, at a push.

Question is, with that amount, does he look for a striker or dm? Or will it be a cut-price job and find us signing two players who are probably as comparable to what we already have?

Pity they don't do bogoffs!

I'm not sure if he'll go for a DM.

Reo Coker's only out for three weeks and Petrov will be back in January. I think they will be called on to do that job at least until the summer, and Clark has so far proved a fairly able deputy. Long term we will need a regular in that slot, but this January won't be the time we find it, at least in my view anyway. Striker I think has to be a nailed on cert, and then anything else depends on what's available.

£5m-£10m for me on two criteria. Its net spend and there will be some sales and lets not forget its January so its difficult to get good players at senisble prices. Can definitely see a few players leaving though which depending on precisely who goes is a good thing.

judging by this thread I think there could be alot of disappointed people in January. I would be surprised if we spent more than £5m in January and I expect we might see 1 player leave and 1 come in with maybe a loan deal aswell.

Â