How Much Will the January Net Spend Be?

bickster

What will be Villa's net spend in the January Window?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. What will be Villa's net spend in the January Window?

• negative i.e. we recoup more in fees than we spend
    • £0 - £4.9mil
    • £5mil - £9.9mil
    • £10mil - £14.9mil
    • £15mil - £19.9mil
    • £20mil plus

I went for the £5mil - £9.9mil option. I'm actually looking forward to this window because, although I don't think we will spend a ridiculous amount, I do believe it will give an indication (maybe just a slight one) of which direction the manager, and of course Randy is now taking the club in on and off the pitch.

So we'll see in jan if the talk of spending in the summer was gambling the future of the club and if it was true that our wage bill needed urgently addressing.

He will clearly spend and if he's bringing in quality then I doubt their wages will be much lower than anyone we'll sell in January.

From Sunday People:

GERARD HOULLIER will be handed a stunning transfer kitty by Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner – with up to £30million to spend in the January transfer window.

The Frenchman has been told the cheque book will come out for him to bring in three, four or possibly even more fresh faces in the new year rush for players.

People Sport can reveal that Manchester United’s Michael Carrick, Nottingham Forest midfielder Lewis McGugan and Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz are on his hit list.

Houllier has the green light to invest as Lerner thinks it is time to open the coffers after slamming them shut for Martin O’Neill.

The American owner has now had a change of approach and the profits from last summer – when James Milner was sold to Manchester City in a deal that brought in £17m plus Steven Ireland – will now be spent.

And Lerner is also going to free up around £10m more, with even extra sums available if players move out in the window.

Houllier has let some of Villa’s talented kids play this season but knows that cannot be the long-term solution. But it has shown that the club can now move out fringe men who are not needed.

Steve Sidwell, Curtis Davies, John Carew and even stand-in skipper Nigel Reo-Coker may find themselves out of the door.

If Houllier (above) could raise a further £6m to £8m by selling those men he would be in a position to really go for a massive revamp just months into the post.

Houllier and his staff are actively working on targets. Carrick has been on the radar for weeks – as People Sport first revealed – and McGugan’s form has shot him into the frame.

The Villa chief knows that a couple of new midfielders, with creation and drive, would put his stamp on the side after the O’Neill era of high-energy players.

And Houllier is also desperate for a forward, with Santa Cruz a possibility. The Paraguayan is available and has a chance of going to Leicester City on loan for a month to get his fitness back.

Houllier knows that Carew is likely to go in the summer, or earlier, so he is looking for a senior front man to take his place.

Houllier getting a (reported) 30m to spend in the summer...so how do you think that should be spent? Think a striker is a must, but not sure about Santa Cruz. Id be surprised if he is on GHs shortlist anyway to be honest think he must have a few good French lads in mind...Benzema maybe?

Honestly how would a paper know how much the manager at our club renowned for our secrecy has to spend. I bet the matter hasn't even bee discussed yet. It will in December I'd say. Houllier knows he'll get funds, the amount I'm sure has not been discussed at all

Â