Scientific Experiment V3#01-G.Houllier Approval Ratings

bickster

Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager this month?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager this month?

• Yes
    • No

• 4 weeks later...

Regardless of injuries this game is a results business and 7 points from 9 games is just not good enough. Although I thought he was a good appointment at the time I always had a suspicion things wouldn't turn out right. We are going backwards and for a club of our stature to be 15th in the league after 3 years of successive top 6 finishes is unacceptable.

Regardless of injuries this game is a results business and 7 points from 9 games is just not good enough. Although I thought he was a good appointment at the time I always had a suspicion things wouldn't turn out right. We are going backwards and for a club of our stature to be 15th in the league after 3 years of successive top 6 finishes is unacceptable.

With a fully fit team, MON went on a run where he got 2 points from 10 (I think) games in December 06, with fully fit players.

With a fully fit team, MON went on a run where he got 2 points from 10 (I think) games in December 06, with fully fit players.

Yeah I remember that spell, however you could say he had a lower base to work from when he started. Some of the players we have now are (on their day) far superior to the dross that MON inherited.

Last game of the month so I presume we are due another one of these soon. May well be a blessing that the next one starts before Wednesdays game as we may not need a yes vote after that, apart from for MR.Smalljob of course

May 2012 is the date I go on the attack on GH if things don't look much much better than today. and not one second before that..sorry :winkold:

It isn't acceptable but nor is not giving a manager at least a pre-season. That's criminal.

True but if results don't improve then we might not be able to afford him a pre-season. The key period for Houllier will be when we get injuries back though (if we ever do!), that will then be the real period of judgment this season.

Yeah I remember that spell, however you could say he had a lower base to work from when he started. Some of the players we have now are (on their day) far superior to the dross that MON inherited.

If those players were fit and playing. We've got two players in the middle who have not played 20 games between them for example.

It isn't acceptable but nor is not giving a manager at least a pre-season. That's criminal.

True but if results don't improve then we might not be able to afford him a pre-season. The key period for Houllier will be when we get injuries back though (if we ever do!), that will then be the real period of judgment this season.

Yeah I do agree, well I don't think we will go down, just because, at some point we will get players back and results will improve...maybe not now, but February onwards, I think we will see a real turn in results.

Before the injuries to midfield, we were looking okay, decent point vs Chelsea, unlucky vs Spurs, played well that game. Beat Wolves, but then after that it just started going down hill.

Liverpool (A)

West Brom (H)

Wigan (A)

Tottenham (H)

Man City (A)

Chelsea (A)

Sunderland (H)

Birmingham (A)

Man City (H)

Man United (A)

Pretty ugly fixture list.

If we can find wins vs West Brom, Wigan, Sunderland though....pick up points at Blues(a)...Man City, Spurs at home, maybe even away at one of the bigger teams, then hopefully 30 ish points...going into last 13 games, players, back, few decent signings, end on a high and around 52-55 which you'd guess would be 8th-10th.

It was 2 points from 6. And we were missing players like Sorenson and Laursen.

While this form is disappointing, how can we get any sort of momentum going when....

a) Our whole gameplan was ripped to shreds when Gabby was ill overnight so we had Carew inflicted onto us.

B) Albrighton has a brilliant game against Manure so we should expect a Bale like run of form and then we lost him for 3 weeks.

Just those two playing would've given Arsenal a whole lot more to think about today.

Give him time, I won't properly judge him until we can actually get a consistant 11 out there which the way it's going will probably be April time.

Â