Scientific Experiment V3#01-G.Houllier Approval Ratings

bickster

Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager this month?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager this month?

• Yes
    • No

I'm just not convinced he has created high enough expectations for the players. When he came I recall him saying something about how we weren't on Liverpool's level, and he has seemed terribly forgiving of some of our poor performances, and not hurting enough himself at unsatisfactory draws and defeats.

I know a lot goes on behind closed doors but that's how it seems in public.

I've gone 'no' because it wasn't a good month, I think the manager has been more unlucky than bad though and we haven't even been that bad.

I'd agree with this. Results wise, it is no but we have been unlucky in some games.

Football is good to watch but sadly not results yet but they will ocme.

He has got Downing, NRC and HEskey playing well.

Team looks a lot more fitter and he istn afraid to throw youth in deep end like Bannan and Clark today

I'm just not convinced he has created high enough expectations for the players. When he came I recall him saying something about how we weren't on Liverpool's level, and he has seemed terribly forgiving of some of our poor performances, and not hurting enough himself at unsatisfactory draws and defeats.

There’s nothing he can do about the finishing, not with Gabby out. I don’t think desire and an alleged lack of comes into the equation. We’re light in midfield and we’re light up top and as already stated, this won’t be sorted till January.

Well he said he was disappointed today. Could hardly say that in any other games we've played that I've seen (missed Sunderland)

I also can't re-call O'Neill ever really saying he was disappointed with a performance, he always used to say we were brilliant whatever the score! So it is more about what happens in the dressing room (not that i know what happens)

With the team hes had available id say Yes, also think were playing better football under him already, still dont think he knows the best 11 or formation yet though. Was very unlucky against Sunderland, a derby and the champions. Only thing i still dont like about him is that im still hearing Liverpool come out of his mouth too much, we dont give a shit about Liverpool mate

Yes.

Not a good month for results but it's hardly his fault Gabby has been injured and Carew has been out of form.

True. On the flip side it has been his fault that Dunne has remained in the starting line up when his form and fitness really hasn't warranted it.

There’s nothing he can do about the finishing, not with Gabby out. I don’t think desire and an alleged lack of comes into the equation. We’re light in midfield and we’re light up top and as already stated, this won’t be sorted till January.

This is the sort of comment I have in mind
Houllier pleased with resilience in derby day draw
. And the players are reflecting it too.
Young pleased with clean sheet against Birmingham
If they are not all sick as dogs that we managed only 3 shots on goal against the scum and were cautiouis and negative as hell, I don't know how there will ever be any impetus to improve.

It's results that matter, not the "style" of football. GH doesn't seem to get that.

Yes.

Not a good month for results but it's hardly his fault Gabby has been injured and Carew has been out of form.

True. On the flip side it has been his fault that Dunne has remained in the starting line up when his form and fitness really hasn't warranted it.

Oh I agree. The continuing presence of Dunne/lack of Cuellar is my one problem with Houllier. However, I thought Dunne did quite well today.

This is the sort of comment I have in mind
Houllier pleased with resilience in derby day draw
. And the players are reflecting it too.
Young pleased with clean sheet against Birmingham
If they are not all sick as dogs that we managed only 3 shots on goal against the scum and were cautiouis and negative as hell, I don't know how there will ever be any impetus to improve.

It's results that matter, not the "style" of football. GH doesn't seem to get that.

That is the usual though, when did Mon ever really criticize the team in public. We were always 'fantastic' under O'Neill. Not saying you shouldn't say it but you can't say that's a problem with Houllier and ignore the fact he's less positive than O'Neill was!

Houllier:

"Don't get me wrong, I wasn't happy with what I saw.

Hardly surprising the OS putting a positive spin on the words is it...

Baring the question i went for no, because we played 4 won 0 scored 1 and got 2 points and i wasn't a big fan to begin with.

But he needs time/money/players to get fit.

hell no

reason - those above stats

Â