Scientific Experiment V3#01-G.Houllier Approval Ratings

bickster

Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager this month?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager this month?

• Yes
    • No

Well he has clearly fell out with Ireland - Ashley Young has halted contract talks, His extra training sessions - have backfired - we haven't scored in the last 3 prem games - I voted non ! - Another month like this - and GH will be in real trouble - with perhaps one or two players biting back via the media

Well he has clearly fell out with Ireland - Ashley Young has halted contract talks, His extra training sessions - have backfired - we haven't scored in the last 3 prem games - I voted non ! - Another month like this - and GH will be in real trouble - with perhaps one or two players biting back via the media

1. No he hasn't. He said he needs to work harder, how is that falling out with someone. :lol:

2. Not sure what that has got to do with GH.

3. Session backfired? on what basis?

4. Dissapointing but when your top league scorer is injured, the other one is stupidly off form and your next best goal threat from last year plays at a different club, it's difficult.

Not entirely Houllier's fault, but the results, performance and style of play have been poor. I voted no, but that is in response to the questioned asked in the poll, it's not indicative of my long term views.

Houllier deserves time before he is judged too critically.

1. No he hasn't. He said he needs to work harder, how is that falling out with someone. :lol:

Because he has done it via the media

That is the usual though, when did Mon ever really criticize the team in public.

My point isn't about criticising the team or not. It's about showing you are hurting because you have lost or failed to win against lesser opposition. MON always said his players were fantastic but you never saw him mildly ruminating about the irony of failing to score, as Houllier seems to. You always knew he really hated anything but winning. The manager's attitude attitude rubs off on the players.

I really don't see what is wrong with Houllier openly saying "we can do better". Weren't people always complaining about MON's interviews in that he always seemed to be pleased with the team even when they didn't perform?

He also has probably done it privately too. :?

Most likely, he was asked 'why is Ireland on the bench and Clark playing'.

He gave them an answer. The guy has been pretty honest since he's been here, that's most likely 'his way'.

That is the usual though, when did Mon ever really criticize the team in public.

My point isn't about criticising the team or not. It's about showing you are hurting because you have lost or failed to win against lesser opposition. MON always said his players were fantastic but you never saw him mildly ruminating about the irony of failing to score, as Houllier seems to. You always knew he really hated anything but winning. The manager's attitude attitude rubs off on the players.

Well the guy said he's disappointed with what he's saw, what more can he do.

Unless you think all the players watch Houllier's interview after the game and try to see body language and his face to see if he's hurting. Interviews in the public mean little because what's said in the dressing room will be far, far more important and detailed in analysis.

The fact Houllier has had heart problems in the past because of his job probably says he cares.

I really don't see what is wrong with Houllier openly saying "we can do better". Weren't people always complaining about MON's interviews in that he always seemed to be pleased with the team even when they didn't perform?

Some people are still under "MON order". Despite injuries etc they expect Houllier to be a god send and put us back in 6th place or progress further despite Milner leaving and players loosing form.

Some people on here are so hooked up on MON its untrue, the funny thing is i don't even think they realise it :lol:

He also has probably done it privately too. :?

Most likely, he was asked 'why is Ireland on the bench and Clark playing'.

He gave them an answer. The guy has been pretty honest since he's been here, that's most likely 'his way'.

Yes he has been pretty honest - and unfortunately I fear you're right - that is 'His Way'

Pretty clear to me we are going backwards.

Of course it may improve, but that will be then and not now. And I certainly don't hold with all this 'season of consolidation' rubbish.

From where we were and with the weakness of some of our rivals we should have been challenging top 4 (again) but look nowhere near it.

So, 'Non'

It's totally unfair to say we should be challenging for top 4 given the recent devlopments. MON and some other key staff left, we lost Milner, Gabby's been injured, Carew's been out of form (Carew and Gabby were our main goal threats last season), Dunne has been out of form AND we've had a new manager and his backroom staff come in after the transfer window who are trying to change our playing style with the previous manager's players.

If I'm honest I think given all this we're not doing too bad at all. GH is certainly better than K Mac, but that's not saying much. We were on a very slipperly slope with K Mac and I think Houllier's main task for the first half of this season will be a "stedy the ship" one. Then, we can move on.

The football has been better. A noticeable lack of hoof ball as we try to play it out from the back.thats an improvement for starters. The manager needs time. Did MON not get time to make his own team before he was moaned about so much. Never understand the doom and gloom merchants on this site. Its pathetic really.

The football has been better. A noticeable lack of hoof ball as we try to play it out from the back.thats an improvement for starters. The manager needs time. Did MON not get time to make his own team before he was moaned about so much. Never understand the doom and gloom merchants on this site. Its pathetic really.

^ This.

But he was building from 16th !!

GH is building from 6th !!

The league is a lot more competitive now and it's a lot harder to build from 6th than it is to build from 16th. I hope Gerard will eventually go further than 6th but I don't think he should be expected to do it this season.

But briny, apparent satisfaction with a draw isn’t the problem. He knows what the problem is, you do and so do I. We don’t score goals and we don’t have enough options in midfield.

Now we’ve finally entered a phase with a injuries to our most important players, we’re finally seeing the squad issue that O’Neill created and we won’t be able to do a great deal about it except stay in touch with the top 6 until January.

But he was building from 16th !!

GH is building from 6th !!

The league is a lot more competitive now and it's a lot harder to build from 6th than it is to build from 16th. I hope Gerard will eventually go further than 6th but I don't think he should be expected to do it this season.

The League this Year is nothing like as tough as it has been, it is the year we should be/ should have been kicking on.

And it doesn't alter the fact that GH inherted a Top 6 side, so why does he need the time MON had ?

Â