Scientific Experiment V3#01-G.Houllier Approval Ratings

bickster

Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager this month?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Does Gérard Houllier meet with your approval as manager this month?

• Yes
    • No

But briny, apparent satisfaction with a draw isn’t the problem. He knows what the problem is, you do and so do I. We don’t score goals and we don’t have enough options in midfield.

Now we’ve finally entered a phase with a injuries to our most important players, we’re finally seeing the squad issue that O’Neill created and we won’t be able to do a great deal about it except stay in touch with the top 6 until January.

? Which is what exactly ? Is it that he didn't buy enough squad players ? In which case how do you know e was given the go ahead ?

Or is it that you don't like the quality - well the Board want LESS spent, so you'd get even poorer quality - how do ou attract better ? How could MON have ?

Or is it that our Youths are not all knocking on the door fter all, as MON thought ?

I can see why he played the same 12 players myself.

But he was building from 16th !!

GH is building from 6th !!

The league is a lot more competitive now and it's a lot harder to build from 6th than it is to build from 16th. I hope Gerard will eventually go further than 6th but I don't think he should be expected to do it this season.

The League this Year is nothing like as tough as it has been, it is the year we should be/ should have been kicking on.

And it doesn't alter the fact that GH inherted a Top 6 side, so why does he need the time MON had ?

I agree this season we could've pushed on. However, as I've already said, we're missing loads of players due to injury or loss of form and Houllier is trying to implement a new style.

Us being almost certain for top 6 again went out the window as soon as MON walked.

But he was building from 16th !!

GH is building from 6th !!

Thats stupid to say, hes been here five minutes and has not had a penny to "build" with. MON spent plenty and we have 5 of the key players not playing for us atm that was key to us under him, Milner gone, Carew has officially retired, Gabby out, Stan out, and CC not at RB. Yet hes already show hes ready to actually use a squad, and give everyone a chance and play whoever takes a chance. Whats the point in "building" a squad if for 3 or 4 season running we'd used the least amound of players, on the trot.

I went for no because some of the results just aren't good enough. He needs some time to be fair to him but I was not impressed with our play today. Of course we are missing one or two key players which hasn't helped matters.

I don't think anyone stated Carew was picked because of being favourite, that was for Heskey.

removing Cuellar from right back hasn't hindered us, Luke Young is a good right back. Although Cuellar should be playing...

It's different with Petrov now, people who wanted him rested or took out for Reo-Coker to play alongside Milner, well that's pointless now because we only have Coker and Petrov good enough in central midfield at the moment.

It's totally unfair to say we should be challenging for top 4 given the recent devlopments. MON and some other key staff left, we lost Milner, Gabby's been injured, Carew's been out of form (Carew and Gabby were our main goal threats last season), Dunne has been out of form AND we've had a new manager and his backroom staff come in after the transfer window who are trying to change our playing style with the previous manager's players.

If I'm honest I think given all this we're not doing too bad at all. GH is certainly better than K Mac, but that's not saying much. We were on a very slipperly slope with K Mac and I think Houllier's main task for the first half of this season will be a "stedy the ship" one. Then, we can move on.

Yes and for all the inconsistancy we're only 3 points off Spurs in 5th.

Haven't read the thread so maybe I shouldn't comment...

...I think we would've struggled under MON this season. This isn't Houllier's team and it will take time to implement his style. It's clear we need a goalscorer and Gabby's injuries have really hampered our cause.

Yes.

We're not doing brilliantly, but not GH's fault (yet) imo. We've been performing like last year's team minus Milner and Gabby, which is because it's last year's team minus Milner and (so far) Gabby.

Also a "yes" because here on VT we are generally too quick to question and criticise the manager, imo, and for once we should try giving him the benefit of the doubt for more than five minutes.

Agree with Trent about Dunne, though. CC for me.

He hasn't impressed me yet and the last two home games have been the most negative I've seen in a long time.

He's missing gabby but he still has our top scorer for the last 3 years, heskey who is playing well and delfonsou, who is rated so highly by the fans the last manager got stick for not playing him.

In midfield we've lost Milner who is a loss but he's not the difference between us being 12th and 6th and he's not the sole reason we won games last season. Petrov is out which is something many wanted and NRC is playing which is something many people wanted. He lost Milner but gained downing with a full pre season and albrighton who didn't feature much last year.

He's inherited a defence that was solid last year and plays young who again many people said would improve us at the back and going forward.

This squad is not a terrible one and if he gets credit for getting the best out of heskey then IMO he has to take responsibility for not getting the best out of other players.

The big 3, Spurs and city have improved but I don't think anyone else has strengthened so much that we can't expect to compete with them.

what an embarrassing poll result so far. edit - in so much as certain people are judging GH far more critically after 5 weeks than they ever did under the previous person. and that's without agbonlahor as an attacking option who was key and a captain in midfield and without milner either. But hey, when you've got an axe to grind you've got an axe to grind so keep on grinding! With a proper push perhaps we can get him out by May and wallow in perpetual antagonistic moaning towards the board!

joy

what an embarrassing poll result so far. edit - in so much as certain people are judging GH far more critically after 5 weeks than they ever did under the previous person. and that's without agbonlahor as an attacking option who was key and a captain in midfield and without milner either. But hey, when you've got an axe to grind you've got an axe to grind so keep on grinding! With a proper push perhaps we can get him out by May and wallow in perpetual antagonistic moaning towards the board!

joy

? Embassassing - why ? For GH perhaps, though I doubt he knows or would be bothered. For those who have answered a simple question - do you currently approve of GH 'No' - what is embarrassing about that ? We haven't scored a goal for nearly a month in the League, and our performances are nothing special.

Axe to grind ? - No. I certainly was a huge MON fan and think we won't get someone as good again, and I think Randy bottled it in the very season we needed one more push. So what ?

It doesn't mean I won't support or applaud the next guy - if he merits it.

joy

? Embassassing - why ? For GH perhaps, though I doubt he knows or would be bothered. For those who have answered a simple question - do you currently approve of GH 'No' - what is embarrassing about that ? We haven't scored a goal for nearly a month in the League, and our performances are nothing special.

Axe to grind ? - No. I certainly was a huge MON fan and think we won't get someone as good again, and I think Randy bottled it in the very season we needed one more push. So what ?

It doesn't mean I won't support or applaud the next guy - if he merits it.

To say that about Randy just makes the rest of your comment unreadable.

Hopefully when Houllier wastes money on shit players and then walks out a fw days beofre the season starts he might gain your approval

shocking attitude from Villa fans? on here. Truly shocking.

Â