P90 X

Dom_Wren

What are your goals?

If you're looking to build muscle mass then you want to go to the point of failure (but never actually fail).

If you're just looking to burn calories, it makes little difference, but I'd still target areas in different days.

If you're looking to train with freeweights then I'd do starting strength which only has two sets of workouts.

Did day three today - Shoulders and arms, Loved this one and actually kept with them. I used the bands for the first time in any workout ive ever done, and was surprised at how effective they felt. I can def see how if you travel or have limited space, they are priceless. Plus having the different resistance helps in making things easier or harder depending.

You might find those resistance bands too limited in scope.

I have the six pack of these and they give an awesome range resistance that will last a while, and they're extremely good value (don't bother with the circuit DVD).

I've gone for these in the end so i shall see how I get on with them.

Dom - I take it your not using the supplements then? I've never used supplements or ate protein bars or anything like that before so its a whole new world to me!

I used to do a bunch of supplements, I was into lifting quite big in my mid 20's, but havent taken anything for a while, The protein bars to me are priceless, they are organic and give me 20g of protein, with my schedule being hectic, they are so easy to just eat on the go etc... that I cant live wihout them! I also drink a rice protein shake in the morning. So I guess im wondering if that is sufficant enough to help my recovery after a workout.

I am on day 3 of the P90 programme . Decided to do that first before I go anywhere near the P90 X. Really enjoying it .

Are you seeing any results? Im thinking of doing the same. 90 days on this and then go up to the P90X.

Edit: I realise you have only been doing it a little while but any info is appreciated!

I did the first day yesterday and its fair to say it hurts just to lift my arms at the moment! I've got pain in muscles I didn't even know I had! Obviously was doing no where near the sort of reps the guys on the video were but it was a good start i think. By the end of it my arms couldn't even hold my weight up

The ab ripper was really hard and I didn't manage to do all 25 reps of each exercise. On the days I have more time though I think I will use the pause button and ensure I hit the target!

I started it yesterday too (thanks to your link bcarpet)

I'm the same, arms and abs are killing today.

I started ok on the ab ripper but by the end I was only managing 15 reps rather than their 25.

Also, diamond pushups, **** me they're hard!

Looking forward to plyometrics tonight

I started it yesterday too (thanks to your link bcarpet)

Thats Quite alright :)

I'm the same, arms and abs are killing today.

I started ok on the ab ripper but by the end I was only managing 15 reps rather than their 25.

Also, diamond pushups, **** me they're hard!

I found the decline ones the hardest!

Decline ones were ok for me. I think because they workout muscles that I've worked out in the gym before. but diamond pressups and dive bomber (also hard) work out your muscles in a different way that I don't think I'm used to, so I really struggled.

Those and close grip pull ups were the biggest struggle.

I am on day 3 of the P90 programme . Decided to do that first before I go anywhere near the P90 X. Really enjoying it .

Are you seeing any results? Im thinking of doing the same. 90 days on this and then go up to the P90X.

Edit: I realise you have only been doing it a little while but any info is appreciated!

Been doing it for a week and half now. Found the sweat 1-2 pretty hard at first but getting easier now. Weight workout was 20 mins of hell , also getting easier. Stomach already getting flatter through the ab workout. Feeling lot healthier already.

I'm of the understanding that Ab exercises don't make one gain a flatter stomach

diet yes , but not ab exercises ??

Correct. In fact if you don't lose the fat the ab workouts will give you a bit of a pot belly, as you're just building up the muscle that the fat is on top of.

Plyometrics: Really **** knackering!

lol i was just coming on to say the same thing!

I'm switching friday's and wednesday's days over as i play footie on a sat and I don't want my legs to be suffering for the game!

Yeh my legs aren't too bad, just feel a bit weak.

I thought my arms and chest would be ok too as I've worked them out at the gym plenty of times before. Wasn't expecting this. Oh well, looking forward to arms and shoulders tonight

Â