Dublin

Demitri_C

going up to €12 (Iirc) a pint after midnight

I doubt even the 5-star Shelbourne hotel charges anything near that for a pint.

It might have been €12 for 2 drinks. Memory was a little hazy at the time

• Like 1

going up to €12 (Iirc) a pint after midnight

I doubt even the 5-star Shelbourne hotel charges anything near that for a pint.

It might have been €12 for 2 drinks. Memory was a little hazy at the time

sounds like a good trip then ;)

Now, so as to help with your route plan, here's a map with the pubs I mentioned numbered on the map. Took bloody long enough to do :)

a2e703dd186933e202c499f6443fc4f1.png

5 The Temple Bar

I even got a sterotype drunk man in my famous landmark shot that I take in each country

2mcw1mr.jpg

• Like 1

I highly recommend noctors pub up at sheriff street ...real genuine pint and a great atmosphere for shizzle

Simply because our English brethren might believe you ... do not go anywhere near Sheriff Street* and a quick google of "noctors sheriff street" should tell you why.

* In fact it's genuinely not a bad rule of thumb to stay South of the Liffey when drinking (as I've done in the map). There are exceptions (Murrays on O'Connell Street for Villa games, The Church and (ironically) The Confession Box to name 3) but generally stay off the North side.  It offers relatively little and is a lot rougher.

• 3 weeks later...

It was **** brilliant.

But to be honest, I completely failed with my mission.

First night we started in The Temple Bar, as was the plan. Unfortunately the atmosphere was so good in there that 5 hours later we were still in there!

Basically on the way to The Temple Bar we stopped at "Garage Bar", which we quickly discovered wasn't anything to do with garage music. But we started talking to some girls. I tried to sound knowledgeable by reeling off your recommendations and they pretty much shat all over them. So my credibility for pubs had disappeared before I had a chance to wave it.

So yeah, we spent loads of time in The Temple Bar. Which to be honest was brilliant.
Then, I'd spent so long telling them about Copper Face Jacks and how shit it was and it's reputation, that of course when we were all pissed that's exactly where we ended up going!

Second day we obviously went to the horses, which was class. Then evening was still spent around Temple Bar, but we did a few more different pubs. I can't remember loads of them. Fitzgeralds I think. The Foggy Dew. Then we lost the stag and we ended up at some rocker bar over the river where I thought I might get killed.

Finished the night in "Academy". 

In the end I had little control to be honest, so I'm sure you'll tell me we went to the worst places.

But we had a brilliant time. Best stag I've been on. My bank account is struggling though!

Sounds very good :)  The Temple Bar is a good pub, it's just on the pricey side.  And yeah, listing off pubs like that for people tends to just give them the opportunity to shit on the suggestions :)  I hope you all kept up the reputation in Coppers too!  And you were warned about the other side of the Liffey :P  Glad you enjoyed it.

Gypsy Rose could well have been it.

It was alright in there. They had a roaring fire going which meant it was about 1000 degrees, and the toilets looked like the scene of a massacre. But apart from that it was fine

Copper Face Jack's was the most vile rammed sweat fest I've ever been in.

I think I'd have loved it at 17 or 18, not for me now.

So many women in shoes far too high just falling all over the place. They don't even care just a "...**** me..." and they get back up and dance off. Very amusing.

Â