• Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Heskey
    • Agbonlahor (for Albrighton 66)
    • Sidwell (for Petrov 86)

Game of two halves. We played really well first half and they had the second. Two great goals for us one soft goal for them.

I thought all of the team did well with no particular standout. I thought Stan was a weak link in the second half as he tired - he really doesn't have the engine to play 90 minutes in these type of games.

I also thought Wolves showed us what decent movement looked like?

I want a .gif of that Collins celebration too!

i missed that, anyone wanna enlighten me?

He jumped, thumped the air and did a punch celebration, or something similar!

On the flip side, Gabby had no reaction to the goal.. Strange..

Hmm, i noticed this too.

He did actually, think it took him a little while to notice but there's one angle where he's delayed, (obviously still doesn't realise what a goal means)...but then pumps his fists as Heskey is about to get up. (Sky plus)

I personally don't think away from home we can afford to have Downing, Albrighton and Young as the supporting cast for Pertov and Re-Coker.

I personally think Sidwell, Ireland or Downing should play in a centre three with Reo and Stan when away from home.

and on WM there going on about warnock should have gone for that sliding tackle early in the half? he got the ball! only just, but he got it.

He got the ball just after he clipped the Dingle's ankle. If he hadn't already been booked, it would definitely have been a yellow. Very lucky to stay on.

Strange that we saw Lichaj getting prepped to come on but it never happened.

Great win, really poor 2nd half again i thought stoke would happen again but imo wolves didnt do enough after their goal, or put warnock under pressure in the same way id like to think we would

Carlos was immense in the air and on the ground, heskey was great ash was too

Doyle is also a diving whinging clearing in the woods

did anybody else hear the bench shouting pass it! pass it! near the end by the way. not that our players listened, but good to know that they want us to keep the ball rather than just hacking it clear and inviting pressure back on.

I personally don't think away from home we can afford to have Downing, Albrighton and Young as the supporting cast for Pertov and Re-Coker.

I personally think Sidwell, Ireland or Downing should play in a centre three with Reo and Stan when away from home.

I do agree, I think it's just a bit too lightweight and too 'explosive' in a game where we need to control a bit more.

did anybody else hear the bench shouting pass it! pass it! near the end by the way. not that our players listened, but good to know that they want us to keep the ball rather than just hacking it clear and inviting pressure back on.

Yeah when downing was on the ball through the middle, think it was Mcallister :-D

and on WM there going on about warnock should have gone for that sliding tackle early in the half? he got the ball! only just, but he got it.

He got the ball just after he clipped the Dingle's ankle. If he hadn't already been booked, it would definitely have been a yellow. Very lucky to stay on.

Strange that we saw Lichaj getting prepped to come on but it never happened.

hmm, i thought he got the ball first, perhaps i need to see it again. whatever happened, it could have been avoided if warnock had of controlled the ball properly. he had another shocker today, hes been very poor this season.

Doyle is also a diving whinging clearing in the woods

Doyle is one of my footballing hero's. Leave it out.

Mine too actually.

Of all the Dingle's I thought Doyle was their best player today and a very honest performance. One nasty foul on Ash Young but he didn't protest his innocence or anything. Just a case of "yeah, i got frustrated and did him". Never appealed for a corner or throw in that he knew he didn't deserve, didn't berate the referee. An honest, tough centre forward. Would love to see him in our team.

cow.JPG

Heskey scores in two matches.

It was a full moon this week.

Has Emile made a Faustian pact with Beelzebub?

Did we have a mascot? Do we have one now?

Might change my mind about Emile - If he's consigned his soul to eternal torment to get Villa into the Champs league this year.

Great to see Young and Heskey dish it back out to those Dingle w*****s when Emile nodded in the winner. Both were our best offensive players overall IMO.

Can't believe how little NRC's performance has been mentioned - he picked out better passes than Petrov today (and usually I'm a fan of Stan) and ran himself into the ground.

Cuellar was class, Luke Young his reliable self. Question marks over Warnock in terms of diving in. Petrov worst game I've seen him have for a while and Albrighton seemed to run out of steam after a bright start. Not the best performance, but it's all a learning curve and as the players adjust to Houllier things will run more smoothly.

Encouraging!

Â