• Downing
    • A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Heskey
    • Agbonlahor (for Albrighton 66)
    • Sidwell (for Petrov 86)

Good win, if not a great performance. Cuellar was excellent and Wolves didn't really look like scoring for all their pressure. NRC was good, Heskey worked hard. I think GH got his substitutions spot on as Marc Albrighton faded very quickly in the second half and Petrov just couldn't get into it. Up to 5th. Great.

Great win, very happy but still a bit frustrated that we've got wingers in the middle and central players on the wing! I'm sure GH knows what he's doing, and GMc will certainly know the difference, but I do hope they sort it out soon. With Young and Downing playing so well, it sounds crazy, but I honestly think we'd have a more balanced team if we dropped one of them. If it was my shout I'd go Young-Ireland-Petrov-NRC-Albrighton, I think we'd dominate teams and free up Ireland to join Gabby or Super Emile going forward. And as for Sidwell, he's dropped behind Bannan, Gardner, Delph, Osbourne and now Gary McAllister.

Good games from Cuellar, Heskey and Ashley Young. Poor from the two central midfielders I thought, particularly Petrov. Other than that pretty decent. Actually maybe Warnock was quite dodgy again. Started with two wins though. Long may the honeymoon continue.

Delighted for Heskey today defiantly born again in the last 2 games. I'm one of the Heskey haters so hold my hands up, maybe Houllier brings the best out the best in him ? My joint MOTM along with Cuellar.

I've been pleading for a Cuellar/Collins partnership and today they were great along with L.Young at the back.

Warnock still a liability and could have been sent off on another day - Although supplied the ball for the winner so fair play to him.

Ashley really finding his feet in his new role and thought his link up play was excellent.

Reo-Coker broke there play up well and put his body on the line when needed and helped the forwards during our counter attacks.

Albrighton destroyed them 1st half they couldn't cope with him - Faded 2nd half and Houllier right to bring him off.

Fair play to Houllier again for noticing how Petrov fades in the final quarter of the game and for bringing on fresher legs for the final minutes.

Another goal for Downing - Very pleased to see him getting in the box and on the end of things just wish he would show more aggression in other areas and opposing sides are starting to target him as a weakness when were defending.

Maybe my opinions differ to some but as you know being at the game gives a different perspective to what Sky's cameras show.

Maybe I'm too picky. I agree that cueller cleared a bunch of balls, but I fear that what some are calling "no-nonsense" is what I call "anywhere but here" clearances. I would much rather he cleared the ball TO somebody more often. I couldn't give him MOTM just because the vast majority of his clearances gave a dangerous throw-in, a corner, or landed at an orange shirt. A clearance that ends the danger is much better than a clearance that creates a new danger.

Warnock needs some competition for his place. It worries me that he is a bit of a loose cannon and we don't really have the ability to cover him apart from by moving Luke Young across.

I had to give it to Heskey as he scored the winner! Some great performances from everyone on the pitch. As many have noted Cuellar had a good game but so did Collins. NRC is just getting better and better for me. He really gives our midfield some bite.

What's interesting for me is how we are shaping up post MON. We must not forget that MON signed all these players and for me he called far more right in the transfer market than he did wrong. However he failed in many instances to get the best out of his players and although its early days yet that is what the new management team seems to be doing. Its almost like having 4-5 new signings.

The tactics are different in that we play a strong passing game as was shown yesterday. The substitutions are either designed to change a game (Heskey in the CC) or reflect the need to replace a player who has given his all (Petrov yesterday).

Finally and perhaps crucially the players seem much happier. MON did some great things for Villa in his tenure but you do wonder what went on at Bodymoor Heath sometimes.

Â