General Krulak pt 4 - Q & A (No transfer Questions)

blandy

5. Albrighton, Hogg, NRC, Beye, Sidwell, Heskey, Cuellar, Weimann,Delph, Petrov....all are at some stage of recovery. Some of these lads are key components to our Club...others are great supporting players. When you start pointing fingers at the Manager, it might be worthwhile to understand fully what he is dealing with and the decisions he has been required to make due to the lads who are injured.

Please do some simple home work before making excuses for houllier!!

Out of all the players you just named dropped there, only petrov has ever been a guaranteed 1st team starter!

If we have to rely on petrov to win games then you know we are well and truly in the shit so stop making excuess for him!

Que january and enter more washed up french journey men.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General, I'd just like to make one point, not all fans are narrow minded and around where I sit in the North Stand Upper we are all totally behind Randy And Gerrard.

any chance you could come pay us a visit next time you're over? T2 :wink:

General Krulak here:

1. There is absolutely no reason for me to rehash this summer. It is patently obvious that those who are commenting are much more aware of what took place during the summer than I am or that any member of the Board is. It is obvious that those same people know more about this summers transfer window than anyone else does. It is obvious that these same people were sitting in the room during the decision re. Milner and know all about the timing of that event....they know when the deal was made and how it was made. Any information to the contrary of their opinion is "spin" at best, lies at worse. To be perfectly honest, some of the people posting vitriol on this site have ZERO understanding of what has happened or is happening... All they can do is, in a mean-spirited and insulting manner, is spew their comments and act like they know it all. I have stated, in clear and clarion terms, what took place this summer and the timing. The fact that you do not believe me does NOT mean that you are right and I am wrong. I am saddened that your faith in the Club, it's owner, and it's Board is so shaky. If ever there was a time that the Club should come together, NOW is the time. But no, some find it better to come on this site and insult, pass incorrect information, and simply give NOTHING to the Club other than negativity. In my opinion, this is sad!!!

2. Chrisnicholstoe: obviously, I will try to not meet up with you... You have made your desire know and I will comply.

3. Whatever adjective I use to describe GH might not meet your standard.... I am sorry for that. My point is to stress that we have faith in him and what he is trying to accomplish.

4. Regarding the fans at game. Our security folks are on this big time.

Hi General,

Couple of questions:

1.) Do the board take any responsibility for what happened over the summer in terms of the previous manager leaving, our player of the year leaving, lack of transfer activity and the six weeks it took to find a replacement for the previous manager?

( feel free to break this down if you wish )

2.) In terms of league position come the end of the season what would you consider success? what would you consider failure?

Kind Regards

Mark

General, in no way do these comments made by people on here reflect my opinion on how the club is being run. i am frankly embarrassed by these comments, particularly to someone who has a track record of giving his time and energy to keep us supporters reliably informed on the goings on in the club. every manager has there positive and negative points, but i also have faith that gerrard Houllier could be the man to take us to the next level. Noone can be sure if he is but positive support from both the club and fans will make his job that much easier to complete. i sometimes wonder why people bother to turn upto games with such negative attitudes. Success doesnt happen overnight, thanks for your time

Hi General.

I have been going to Villa Park since 1989 when my dad took me aged 7 to see Villa vs. Wimbledon. I have possessed a season ticket since 1995.

I know a few things for sure.

A lot of Villa fans are moaning idiots (not the majority). I think it is in our nature as Brummies’ and Yam Yam's. My dad gets so wound up with them at games. However we have had so much to moan about over the years we are used to it. The real supporters are the ones who support the team no matter what. I just wish all inside Villa Park had that attitude all the time, I know it would help the team.

Martin O’Neil was given funds and he wasted them. He then dropped us in the mire when he quit on the eve of the 2010/2011 campaign.

Gerard, Gordon and Gary (The 3 G's) are clearing up that mire, infusing a new philosophy but encountering appalling bad luck in the process. No preseason, a squad not big enough to cope with the injuries and dare I say not even good enough given the money invested. The manager has not had signings of his own. We have some quality players but we should have better with all the money Martin wasted. However he did make a tidy profit on Milner. Ashley also could bring a fair amount of profit which brings me onto my next point.

You need to get Ashley Young to sign a deal. He works hard in every game. Winds the opponents up and never gives up.

Villa Park over the last 4 years has become a beautiful world class venue, recapturing some of the elegance lost when the 1920 Trinity was destroyed. The Holte pub, Holte suite and Trinity road suites are stunning. I can just imagine in 10 years’ time from now how even more beautiful the stadium will become. It is a shame we will not be a world cup venue in 2018.

The young players are looking very good with Albrighton and Clarke the pick of the bunch. Bannan when played in the middle looks unstoppable. I am also happy the better Gardner has signed up for the next 3 ½ years.

I believe you have chosen the correct manger to take us forward. He is someone who has been there and done it in the premier league. He needs time but performances have been good. I think he comes across well and seems an incredibly nice man.

I trust Randy and the board and I am thankful for the last four years. Its probably wrong of me to say but Paul Falkner seems a little odd to me though! Overall the Martin O’Neil era was fantastic, there were mistakes but I felt he had taken us as far as possible and everyone knew it but we had some great times. AVFC were back on the map.

I feel now we will progress with this regime. A few wins and we will be back up there. A few years and we will have some silver ware.

It’s easy to be a villa fan when things are good but when things are bad life seems a little unforgiving! It’s only a game but I love Villa. I haven’t stopped thinking about the poor recent results so I had to write this letter to get some perspective back.

Up The Villa General

Hello General,

I too support Mr.Houllier at this time. I think it's insane people are judging him so soon with what he's had to deal with. Injuries into double figures, no pre-season, no transfer window.

Unfortuntely, in my opinion and from my observations, whichever manager you would have appointed, would have been met by negative comments from a few, as he would not have been Mr.O'Neill. It's clear to me that some regard and support Mr.O'Neill greater than AVFC.

This season was always going to be one of transition after the ill considered timing of Mr O'Neill's resignation. But i do think the board have made mistakes too, which i hope they learn from after this summers events.

I'm not sure If Mr.Houllier is the right man. But the time to make that judgement is nowhere near close.

I do think we're a very long way from our stated ambitions (top 4) and I do think you overrate our squad. Many are average players for me, and quite a few are on the wrong side of 30 and its showing.

Hope things can improve for us soon on the injury front and points gained! :)

Fair enough General - the past is as it says the past.

So can I ask a question, and would hope you give an honest answer.

It is now 28 days until the transfer window officially opens. Given that 5 of those days are bank holidays, and we will also have a hectic festive period to contend with.

Can I ask , given that

a) Gerard has made no secret of his desire to add players

B) You, yourself (as well as many on here including me) have criticised the last manager for, the way we dealt with transfers - which was basically leaving everything to the last minute

c) Clubs have already started to announce deals o sell / sign players with a view of it being made official on Jan 1st (Raul Fernandes to Nice, Van Damme from Wolves to Standard Liege, and man U have bought someone but I can't remember his name, sure it is a goalie)

We are already in negotiations to buy the players we need.

If, you say, everybody is pulling together then I would have thought

a) Gerard would have announced which players he wants

B) Randy would have agreed to finance them

c) Paul Faulkner will already be talking to agents / clubs / agreeing fees.

Because, we need players Jan 1st - I hated the way MON did transfers, and feel we missed out on players we desperately needed and could of got (Defoe, Bent, Sturridge, G Johnson (from Chelsea not Pompey) and a few more.

I would hope we don't go down the same road again.

And I seriously, seriously hope, come Feb 1st - I am not reading "It is difficult to buy players in January".

I don't want you to name names - I just want you to assure me we are prepared, that we have already began taking steps, and we shall be addressing the areas that are desperately needed.

No disrespect intended here General but you keep jumping on people for stating there opinions about what happened at the club this summer etc.

Well why not just come out and actually tell us as fans WHAT ACTUALLY happened? And then maybe some out there would actually understand.

If the club did nothing wrong like you say we didn't, then I don't see why they haven't come out and stated exactly what happened?

BTW. This isn't me having a go, its just I've read time and time again people stating what happened then you saying stuff back.

General ,

sorry forgot to ask and the above post reminded me.

Forgetting the ins and outs of why he left, can I ask this

Did MON / Villa sign an agreement not to release any details of the matter.

This was common practice under Ellis, with everyone expecting JG to give us all the ongoings at VP when he left only for him to actually say in his own undeniable style "Do you think I;m gonna blow a million quid by telling you"

I just find it really strange - for all we all know - Martin O'Neill could be lying under 10 feet of concrete under Spaghetti junction.

Not a single person in football, media - NOWHERE - has seen or heard from him since. Not commentating on games, not sitting in stands, not even watching Celtic and his good friend Neil Lennon - absolutely ZILCH.

Why ?

FFS leave the man alone. People really only have a 2/3 match memory.

A bit of a different story after the Man Utd game wasn't it.

He is here to relay with the fans and all he is getting is abuse and every single thing that is not 100% perfect with the club in some fans eyes are spewed back at him. Stuff that much of the time the general himself has nothing to do with but still tries to provide us with an answer to everyones questions.

Remember no other club has this facility, and some of our lot are seriously abusing it.

On a different not Gen, can you please ask Ged to sign a Korean player. I don't care who or if he plays, but the Koreans are so nationalistic it will be a major revenue stream and we will be on Korean tv every single game. I am sick to the teeth of watching Bolton and Celtic so please satisfy my indiviudal needs. :D

will there be an android app for villa? There is one for iPhone but Android is just as big, so thats worth a look in - i'd be happy to pay £2 for the app and im sure there's other android users that would too.

General

I have asked you this before but I agree with this post. I don't know if you understand how popular android is. Android is VERY popular in UK and I would believe also in US, Europe and worldwide. You said there were no plans for android (why not ???) but us fans would prefer an OFFICIAL app as opposed to unofficial app which just collates news stories from the internet.

An android app should be definately be looked into with a view to having one as opposed to disregarding and underestimating android.

A lot of us would pay more than £2 for the app. Also, it would increase revenue and branding.

Thank you Sir

General for every 1 negative comment on here there are 999 slient postitive supporters. You have created a forum that allows peopel to express their views. Problem is when times are bad (and they are wobbly right now) the extreme negative views will be ones pushed forwrd. Keep the faith sir....

General,

I'd like to give the club a big well done for tying down the youngsters to long term contracts. I think everyone can see that they are showing massive potential and with the right mix of expereinced players, can offer this club a very bright future.

General in a time where a lot of people including me are losing faith in the premiership and world football Villa have begun to give me a bit of faith. Not only giving youth a chance but signing them up.

Houllier will do good I am certain \and though some are not happy at the moment there are a lot who are very optimistic in the future, no it may not happen this season so I hope the club unlike a minority of the fans give him a fair crack at the whip.