Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry - Bad start for me if he cant make the Stoke Game.

Hes either the manager of Aston Villa or he is not. Very very poor imo

:bang:

Unless he has some kind of teleportation device he can't get to Stoke in time. He has a meeting for the FFF which he HAS to do as part of his contract, which is still running.

They also have pulled the rug from under us with lack of investment that was promised to the fans. Having said that, it is my club, been my club far longer than Lerner so I will fully support the new manager and the team as I always have.

Lack of investment? You think 120 mil is peanuts?

Fulfilling prior commitments is hardly what I'd call poor. At the end of the day they could have just delayed his appointment until he was 100% free but they didn't. (probably because all the fans are crying for a manager asap). He misses a game or 2 ? So what ?

I don't have any agenda that I am trying to push. I simply heard what he said. He was asked about new signings in January and he said no, then went on to say he didn't particularly like signing players in January and then qualified it by saying that of course players may leave in which case they would need to be replaced. Not sure how I hear that how I want ? I heard it as it was said.

I have said in the past - I said it once and then stopped posting until our new manager was anoounced - the board were as much, probably more at fault for the timing of O'Neils departure by putting him in an untenable position. They also have pulled the rug from under us with lack of investment that was promised to the fans. Having said that, it is my club, been my club far longer than Lerner so I will fully support the new manager and the team as I always have.

You state you don't have an agenda but then your second paragraph quite clearly spells out where your coming from and what your trying to get at!

You didn't "simply hear what he said" either, you have heard the words he said and then drawn a meaning from them no doubt based upon the beliefs you express in your second paragraph. That is how you "hear that how [you] want." It's called selective interpretation.

Why are people so constantly hung up on new signings?

Lets concentrate on the team we have, the tactics we can use and the youth at our disposal.

Please can we just forget about signing players, my headache from the transfer window has only just subsided.

January isn't the time to judge our financial capabilities - that will be the summer. Is there any fan who doesn't recognise it's harder in Jan - doesn't mean we can't try and find an Arshavin willing to come obviously.

Also, not that ambition was Top 4 in CL. That won't be realised on the cheap either.

Personally, I don't want big movement in Jan - save maybe a couple out a couple in maybe.

He needs to assess what he has at his disposal before deciding on whom he can bring in to strengthen us. The right quality may not be available during January, but if it is, then like he said, he will look at it.

We have a good squad, backed up with one or two quality youngsters, with a few others pushing in the coming months. He can not make an instant decision without upsetting the whole apple cart. He needs to see them in training, how they prepare, and how they handle themselves in matches. It takes time.

On the other hand, he intimated that money will need to be spent to eventually compete with the top four. His ambition was obvious, and came across when he mentioned about winning the league.

Hes not here to mess around, so he will take his own time. He also does not come across as a yes man, so i think that he has been promised funding when he needs it.

That Colley geeszer comes across as a right silly coypu, though :lol:

I don't have any agenda that I am trying to push. I simply heard what he said. He was asked about new signings in January and he said no, then went on to say he didn't particularly like signing players in January and then qualified it by saying that of course players may leave in which case they would need to be replaced. Not sure how I hear that how I want ? I heard it as it was said.

I have said in the past - I said it once and then stopped posting until our new manager was anoounced - the board were as much, probably more at fault for the timing of O'Neils departure by putting him in an untenable position. They also have pulled the rug from under us with lack of investment that was promised to the fans. Having said that, it is my club, been my club far longer than Lerner so I will fully support the new manager and the team as I always have.

You state you don't have an agenda but then your second paragraph quite clearly spells out where your coming from and what your trying to get at!

You didn't "simply hear what he said" either, you have heard the words he said and then drawn a meaning from them no doubt based upon the beliefs you express in your second paragraph. That is how you "hear that how [you] want." It's called selective interpretation.

And the fact that "Justified" says he will give the manager his backing in one instance and then says he (GH) is off to a bad start already in another instance just astounds me.

Fulfilling prior commitments is hardly what I'd call poor. At the end of the day they could have just delayed his appointment until he was 100% free but they didn't. (probably because all the fans are crying for a manager asap). He misses a game or 2 ? So what ?

Crying for a manager who can make his first 2 games. Not poor on his part. If he isnt available to do the job full-time then he shouldnt have been employed. They should have waited imo. Poor from an Aston Vil;la point of view

Crying for a manager who can make his first 2 games. Not poor on his part. If he isnt available to do the job full-time then he shouldnt have been employed. They should have waited imo. Poor from an Aston Vil;la point of view

Imagine the outcry on here if we still hadn't appointed a manager by the Bolton game. It would have been melt-down. I think the board have struck the best possible balance between appeasing us and bringing in the best man for the job.

If he can't make Stoke and Bolton then they won't be his first two games!

I don't understand the rest of your post.

All good - just not quite the dream we were sold four years ago. Now the plan looks like survival with cups rather than reaching for the stars.

I've never quite understood how some fans thought Randy and the club PROMISED us fans regular top4 finishes and CL football in 4-5 years. Surely this was the AIM and tbh it was a decent effort by MON and everyone else involved but it didn't work out.

As it now stands we have to go about it in a different way. I have a hard time understanding how this can be so difficult to comprehend given the situation at present, with Citeh having endless amounts of money to splash and the likes of Arsenal, Manure, Chelsea et.al. having such an advantage given their squads and fanbase. These are the biggest clubs in the world we are competing against. Do people seriously think that it is so easy to overtake them? Even with ridiculous amounts of money to spend it'll be very difficult, which we'll see this year when Citeh will again fail (I hope).

And to talk about the plan now being survival for the near future, well that's just daft. I am quite convinced we'll be competing in the upper echelons of the league under Houllier, just like we where under MON.

Imagine the outcry on here if we still hadn't appointed a manager by the Bolton game. It would have been melt-down. I think the board have struck the best possible balance between appeasing us and bringing in the best man for the job.

Exactly. Then imagine if it also came to light that he HAD agreed to be our manager, but the club just kept it quite for a few weeks!

with all due respect that is nonsense. Unless you'd have preferred the appointment full stop to have been delayed until after the Bolton game, and you know how insane the fans have been so far, the gates of VP would have been torn down by psychopathic impatient mentalists!

The board found their man, and they were / are prepared to do what is necessary including waiting a little longer to get him. Long term. The whole saga hasn't been fun for anyone, but better to have this extra hiccough now, than panic bring in a manager they don't want just for the sake of two games.

And the fact that "Justified" says he will give the manager his backing in one instance and then says he (GH) is off to a bad start already in another instance just astounds me

erm. I didn't say that - wrong poster.

I put the bit in about how I felt about O'Neils departure to clarify my standing on that. I am however a fan and a grown up. Shit happens and then you get on with it. Yes I am wary of the board now. No it doesn't diminish my support for the new manager.

In fact I posted int eh conference thread that he was a likeable bloke who seems to know where we are as a club, where he wants us to be and thought he would have a plan on getting us there.

How positive do you want me to be ?

Â