Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm watching it on my PC at work BUT I'VE GOT NO SPEAKERS to hear what he's saying so quick catch ups on here. However, on just looking at it, he seems as if he is a great speaker - he also seems to be very jolly and smiley and postive. I always thought MON didn't look people in the eye sometimes. Anyway, guess I'll have to watch a summary on SSN later. Bit disappointed that he won't be at Stoke and not on the bench for Bolton either but guess he and his sidekick are taking training ? What is the management team then if KM is going back to the reserves - we have GH and this Patrice man - who else??

Not in until after Bolton is ridiculous. Especially when they've put out ticket offers to welcome him for the Bolton game.

Have to agree. This is getting very ridiculous.

Hope he's worth the wait!

What is so ridiculous about it? I think he explained the matter quite clearly. Was a bit skeptical when I first heard Houllier was to be confirmed as our new manager. After hearing his thoughts now, my initial worries have turned to genuine excitement. He seems very honest and realistic about the situation. I believe we can look forward to steady progress and a bright future. UTV!

Seemed very coy when it came to cash, looking very unsure before answering.
Ridiculous question to ask tbh. I understand why they ask it, but the answer is never going to take the form of "if there are any selling clubs out there, we have £20m in the bank. Please remember that when we come calling in January". He answered it well enough.

Whilst I will withhold judgement on Houllier himself, I do think the bits in the press and that Press conference have conveyed a future that has been dampened down a lot. Houllier seems he's on the same songsheet as the board with their updated plan for the future.

* We belong 7-12th

* We need investment

* Unlikely to be much money

* We will struggle to compete

* We'll mostly go for cups

It's not all bad. It's sensible, progressive and sees us try to keep a pace without risking everything.

All good - just not quite the dream we were sold four years ago. Now the plan looks like survival with cups rather than reaching for the stars.

Happy with what he said. Love the line where when he was asked if the wage bill needed to be cut, he said something on the lines of "Or the income increased", and looked towards Paul Faulkner saying "You might have to ask him though".

Â