Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

You can't make everyone happy...if most are then that's good enough.

Im happy, but If hes not there on Monday (which i dont know if he will yet btw) then I will take a step in the other direction.

Maybe that's the only way he could have signed for AV, if he goes back on Monday and helps them replace him or finish up some stuff he has left.

It might have been part of the deal, that he does that...we don't know and it's media talk atm anyway.

Yep it is media talk so could be bollocks.

However, if its true -

Why not go back Sunday

Why have we got to wait so long for an appointment while they faff about for the last week tying up loose ends. Its taken a week to confirm the damn thing., How hard can it be. Why not do it Tuesday? There will be NO excuse. if its true of course.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why appoint him? they should have appointed him next week! I remember JG when appointed, straight in there and he was appointed on the Wed or Thurs had Liverpool on Saturday and we won.

2-1?

Collymore

Byfield played has well (maybe scored or did Collymore get 2)

We simply don't know what type of contract clause he signed....Managers normally sign one when they move from club to club...I don't see how this would be any different.

I don't see it being a problem, he could be watching from France and talking to Kevin over the phone....If it's just one game then it isn't that much of a deal...Not for me anyway.

Why appoint him? they should have appointed him next week! I remember JG when appointed, straight in there and he was appointed on the Wed or Thurs had Liverpool on Saturday and we won.

2-1?

Collymore

Stan got 2.

it takes time for a frenchman to move his wine collection jesus give the man a break

after 1 day in the job, I dont think he needs a break. :winkold:

Although he is French and I work with these guys - the laziest people you will ever meet.

I once sent an email to one on a Saturday. The reply came back on Monday and started with -

You work on a Saturday???????? Are you crazy?????????

2-1?

Collymore

Stan got 2.

Was the winner a tap in off a rebound?

If he is not there for the Stoke game it is a very bad idea I think, it looks to the players, fans and everyone else that he is not too pushed. I'm not saying he is going into this half hearted but I think it gives off that feeling very early on.

It's not unusual for the caretaker to pick the team for the first game after a new manager arrives. However I would be amazed if GH isn't at least in the stand to watch the game. Bullshit article ino but we will find out later in the press conference.

If he is not there for the Stoke game it is a very bad idea I think, it looks to the players, fans and everyone else that he is not too pushed. I'm not saying he is going into this half hearted but I think it gives off that feeling very early on.

He's done it from his hospital bed before so I don't see it being a problem, I read somewhere that he picked the team and made changes whilst he was in hospital.

Yep Taylor hit the post and Collymore put it in. We went 1-0 down from an Owen penalty. It is a game that really sticks in my mind for some reason.

Anyway Houllier must be at Stoke on Monday, he is our manager with 'immediate effect'.

2-1?

Collymore

Stan got 2.

Can't remember sorry - but Hanky can :-)

He will be there. He is flying in today for a press conference.

Not if you believe the Mail, mate!!

:shock: :shock:

Well the Sun says that he took his first training session Yesterday... so I don't think we should believe anything the papers make up.

What's the relevance of that? :?

WE know he's here already. The Mail is telling us he's going back, and will miss the game. What's the relevance of the sun article?

My point was that we shouldn't believe what the papers say.

One paper might say he's here, one says he's coming Today and another will say he's already done a training session.

Of course some people are stupid enough to believe their lies just to backup their opinion of Houllier being the wrong choice of manager.

Of course some people are stupid enough to believe their lies just to backup their opinion of Houllier being the wrong choice of manager.

Don't doubt that for a minute.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, although I do think it would be something of a disgrace were he to not even be at the game at all, in some capacity.

For the record, I voted undecided in this poll.

Don't miss the woods for the trees.

Gerard Houllier is special let there be no doubt about that.

Look at what he accomplished at LFC and then decide.

At LFC Houllier inherited a team which needed a whole new defence, two midfielders a striker and a kick up the arse in terms of discipline.

A number of players were not giving of their best.

Houllier brought Gerrard through. Gerrard was stuck in the U19's while Murphy wasn't going anywhere under Roy Evans and wouldn't have been the player he became without Houllier.

Houllier rebuilt the playing staff of LFC and made two good defensive signings in Hyypia and Henchoz who became the corner stone of their defence. He got the best out of both Danny Murphy and Jamie Carragher.

Houllier made LFC competitive in his first full season, and they became a decent European side competing well with Man U and Arsenal.

Owen's's game developed in Houlliers time in charge and added to his ability to scoring and creating goals.

Several players left and were replaced with overall equal or better players.

Fowler - Replaced by Baros

Friedel - Replaced by Chris Kirkland Jerzy Dudek

Redknapp - Steven Gerrard directly replaced Redknapp.

Ince - replaced by Dietmar Hamann

Matteo - replaced by John Arne Riise

Berger - Le Tallec replaced Berger who decided to leave

McManaman - was the only one that I would say wasn't replaced properly when he left. Kewell wasn't the answer.

The Houllier effect was such that In Houllier's second full season in charge, Liverpool won a treble of the FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA Cup .

In taking over at AVFC, Mr H inherits a lot of talent. He doesn't have to rebuild our defence and he has a host of capable midfielders and strikers who may find that, given new direction, tactics and motivation , that there is a strength and cohesion that may have been missing last season.

One thing that we can glean from Houlliers time at LFC is that if a player doesn't fit in with the program he will be moved and replaced by one's that do. Whether this comes in the form of a sell to buy program remains to be seen, but I have confidence that M. Houllier is the right man for the job and is the man to take us to the next level.

The more I think about this the happier I become.

it takes time for a frenchman to move his wine collection jesus give the man a break

after 1 day in the job, I dont think he needs a break. :winkold:

Although he is French and I work with these guys - the laziest people you will ever meet.

I once sent an email to one on a Saturday. The reply came back on Monday and started with -

You work on a Saturday???????? Are you crazy?????????

Personally I think the French have it right....weekends (other than emergency services etc) should be for relaxing - perhaps its a generational thing.

Don't doubt that for a minute.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, although I do think it would be something of a disgrace were he to not even be at the game at all, in some capacity.

For the record, I voted undecided in this poll.

Fair enough, I wasn't aiming my comment directly at you anyway.

I too will be disappointed if he's not at the Stoke game, but I'll wait and see.

Â