NRC. Are you a fan or not?

BOF

Pick one  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• I am a fan
    • I am not a fan

Why he passes like an 8 year old who learnt to kick a ball properly a year ago I'll never know but for sure I am a fan.

He works so hard, pressurises everyone and stops teams playing through us, every now and again he gets his passing right.

Unfortunately unless we play 5 in the middle there doesn't seem much chance for him in the long term and that is unfair on him.

Not the greatest scenario for club or player.

unless we play 5 in the middle there doesn't seem much chance for him in the long term and that is unfair on him.

Surely when the new manager comes in NRC will have the same chance as everyone else to prove he deserves to play.

Actually he has the exact same chance under KMac so don't see whats unfair on him at all.

Is NRC a warrior or is he just athletic and in the wrong place and having to make up ground a lot?

I'd say he's not a great reader of the game, he works hard, but he has to. IMO, he's not a great team player, maybe he should've been a boxer instead ;)

Having said that though we're probably a better team with him in it atm, we've got no other options.

actually think NRC is at his best against the likes of Wigan and Blackpool i.e. poorer teams

I think the opposite to this 'barry'sboots. Against the crap teams who park the bus in front of their goal we need craft, ability, invention. NRC is a warrior and i like him but he can not trap a bag of cement. However against the top 4 teams who are going to run us ragged we need battlers to get at them, press them and make it difficult for them. We need to play 4-5-1 i think as stan & ireland are not strong enough and Stan & NRC are not good enough as a 2 man midfield. Hopefully Delph will come good when fit as seems to fit the battler and gd footballer mould, fingers crossed.

But if you look at the last 12 to 18 months, I don't think this has been what the games have highlighted?

We have done well against the other top 8 teams playing 4-4-2, until Stan starts to tire or, in the case of Arsenal away, we just got overrun. I think this is because, with the possible exception of Everton, they don't tend to play a pressing game. You get time on the ball and therefore, the "footballers" get a chance to play. Having said that, I would prefer, certainly away from home, to play 4-5-1 against these sides.

We have had a lot of disappointing results against poorer teams where we get bullied out of possession and Stan's retention/slowing the game down gives them the chance to re-group and get 10 men behind the ball.

The Bolton home game last season was the ideal illustration for me, where we bossed the game for the full 90 minutes - the only time last season. This was the only game in two years where NRC has played in a central midfield pair with an attack minded partner. Compare this to Wigan, Wolves, Wet Spam, Blues etc. at home and Burnley, Wet Spam and Wolves etc. away last season. Coker + an attacking CM'er, IMO, is better at setting the high tempo that we need in these games.

Surely when the new manager comes in NRC will have the same chance as everyone else to prove he deserves to play much.

Actually he has the exact same chance under KMac so don't see whats unfair on him at all.

Nail, head, future, uncertain.

I see a lot of MON in K-Mac. If you listen to Kevin he says that he has learnt from MON and they seem to be quite close. This, for me, was illustrated by his unwillingness to make subs on Sunday despite some poor performances and us being under the cosh. I know many will respond that he was proven right by the win but I would disagree.

I don't see Kevin changing that much from MON. He has appeared to have changed things a bit but this is potentially due to injuries. A completely new manager - Jol or Moyes - may follow a very different path. I would hope that NRC would be a much more significant component of our team.

I think the trick to NRC's success is not the standard of teams but their style of play. Teams that play a pressing, attacking game are ones that NRC tends to do well against, or rather teams that Petrov doesn't. When we get a bit more space to play against teams who are trying to play football is when I think Petrov is more suited than NRC as he can make his anticipated interceptions (what he does best as a DCM IMO) and also dictate our play.

Unfortunately under O'Neill we never saw this sort of rotation which cost us points throughout the season.. Burnley away coming to mind where we had won 5-1 the previous game and MON changed a winning side to shoehorn Petrov back in.

Not many players can make Christiano Ronaldo look ordinary,Reo did it with ease..I also liked the way he played at Anfield when we won 3-1,he seemed to control the midfield well defensively,again making Gerrard look very ordinary.Definately a player that works well against strong opposition.He seems to captain the side well too,the youngsters speak very highly of him..

Be a shame to lose him on a free because I do think he is probrably the best(or certainly has the ability to be)defensive midfielder in the country.I certaintly couldnt imagine Catermole or Muamba tackling or breaking up an opposing midfield of high calibre as Reo has...Peace cup was another example of how he can help guide the younger players as a captain and midfield general...He seems to get a bit of stick from a section of fans and never understood why....

Anyway im a fan surely...Would love to see him nail down a perm spot in the team......UTV

:flag:

Surely when the new manager comes in NRC will have the same chance as everyone else to prove he deserves to play much.

Nail, head, future, uncertain.

I see a lot of MON in K-Mac. If you listen to Kevin he says that he has learnt from MON and they seem to be quite close. This, for me, was illustrated by his unwillingness to make subs on Sunday despite some poor performances and us being under the cosh. I know many will respond that he was proven right by the win but I would disagree.

I don't see Kevin changing that much from MON. He has appeared to have changed things a bit but this is potentially due to injuries. A completely new manager - Jol or Moyes - may follow a very different path. I would hope that NRC would be a much more significant component of our team.

To be fair, I think the lack of subs was to do with the lack of quality on the bench. I'd of only made the one sub in all honestly.

I think the trick to NRC's success is not the standard of teams but their style of play. Teams that play a pressing, attacking game are ones that NRC tends to do well against, or rather teams that Petrov doesn't. When we get a bit more space to play against teams who are trying to play football is when I think Petrov is more suited than NRC as he can make his anticipated interceptions (what he does best as a DCM IMO) and also dictate our play.

Unfortunately under O'Neill we never saw this sort of rotation which cost us points throughout the season.. Burnley away coming to mind where we had won 5-1 the previous game and MON changed a winning side to shoehorn Petrov back in.

I'd go along with that.

To be fair, I think the lack of subs was to do with the lack of quality on the bench. I'd of only made the one sub in all honestly.

Well we are screwed then because the only additions to our bench are SI and Delph later in the season and that is without any more injuries? Bannan has looked useful in the cameos that I have seen and if he couldn't have done a better job than Downing - given the way he was playing on Sunday - then he should have gone back to Blackpool.

jonno_2004 wrote:

I'd go along with that.

I would too, Petrov needs a kick up the arse every now and again, never a bad thing if Reo comes in and we play a different game but I do worry as you stated that tactically we will remain naive.

He's better than Sidwell, and better than Ireland in the position which KM is playing him in.

He's also the best that we could get at the club for this position - especially with no European football.

I wonder who we'll be able to get when he leaves in the summer.

He's better than Sidwell, and better than Ireland in the position which KM is playing him in.

He's also the best that we could get at the club for this position - especially with no European football.

I think you are spot on Pilchard. It seems a lot of people do not recognise that we need someone to do this role and would prefer to play two "footballers" in a CM pairing??

I think you are spot on Pilchard. It seems a lot of people do not recognise that we need someone to do this role and would prefer to play two "footballers" in a CM pairing??

No, I think it's more that people understand that we need someone to do a defensive role in midfield, and indeed want it, but NRC is shit at it.

I also believe we could do better, fairly easily. We just haven't. There are plenty of players around the world better at the defensive side of things in midfield than Nigel, and there are plenty of players around the world better at the all action deal in midfield, ala Essien.

No, I think, all in all, you're wrong. People just think Nigel is bollocks. And they're right too, imo of course.

Â