Match thread

limpid

This is the match thread. Please do not use this for questions about streams, post those in another thread as they are then easier for everyone to find.

Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

Please don't use this thread for ratings or reactions.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--------------------Friedel---------------------

L Young-----Collins-----Dunne-----Warnock

--------------Petrov-------NRC---------------

Albrighton--------Ireland------------A Young

---------------------Gabby-------------------

Subs:

Guzan

Cuellar

Lichaj

Downing

Bannan

Carew

Heskey

Please.

--------------------Friedel---------------------

L Young-----Collins-----Dunne-----Warnock

--------------Petrov-------NRC---------------

Albrighton--------Ireland------------A Young

---------------------Gabby-------------------

Subs:

Guzan

Cuellar

Lichaj

Downing

Bannan

Carew

Heskey

Please.

Definitely this. Please.

The only change I'd even contemplate really is maybe starting Carew with Albrighton on the bench, a midfield diamond of Petrov, Coker, Ireland, Young and Gabby and Carew up top.

Just so we have another big guy in the team to defend set-peices.

Although, he is too lazy and inconsistant and shite, so what Stato said!

Collins, Dunne, Young, Petrov, Warnock are all capable of dealing with the set-peices as well as Friedel.

Stoke home record the last while isnt as good as people think it is and they are having serious difficulties scoring goals these days as well. I can see it been a tight game and could be a case of 0-0. Need to defo play with Nigel in midfield. Spurs managed to win here this season ( dubiously I know) so be a nice one to nick a victory in.

1-1.

I wouldn't be adverse to playing a back 5 in this, bare with me....

Friedel

Young.......Carlos......Collins....Dunney............Warnock

NRC

Petrov Ireland

Young

Carew (would be Gabby but he isn't fit enough imo plus Carew can come back for the Delap throw ins).

Basically last season due to how small their pitch is our wide players were completely neglected of the ball.

With that formation our wide players would be Ireland and Young and they'd come infield a bit more so hopefully influence play.

I worry Albrighton might be a bit lost in the land of the giants and well this isn't the sort of opposition Downing excels against is it so have those two on the bench along with Gabby.

1-1.

I wouldn't be adverse to playing a back 5 in this, bare with me....

Friedel

Young.......Carlos......Collins....Dunney............Warnock

NRC

Petrov Ireland

Young

Carew (would be Gabby but he isn't fit enough imo plus Carew can come back for the Delap throw ins).

Basically last season due to how small their pitch is our wide players were completely neglected of the ball.

With that formation our wide players would be Ireland and Young and they'd come infield a bit more so hopefully influence play.

I worry Albrighton might be a bit lost in the land of the giants and well this isn't the sort of opposition Downing excels against is it so have those two on the bench along with Gabby.

I don't think that's a bad idea to start with...you could always change it if we needed a goal but we should be sound defensively with that starting team/formation.

Basically both our fullbacks are smallish so I wouldn't drop Luke...instead would put Carlos in there so we know for the throw ins we have Carlos, Collins and Dunney all to head the ball away.

Alternatively, put Carlos back in at RB, switch Luke to the left and push Warnock on to left midfield and drop Downing.

Our full backs aren't smallish and will put their heads in where it hurts.

Warnock is 5 ft 10, it's not that small to be fair. While Luke Young is 6ft. Stoke aren't the threat in my opinion from set peices that they once were. They are dealt with regularly now.

We need to play our own game if I'm honest.

Stoke have lost 3 in a row, and you wouldn't expect them to make it 4. I'd be inclined to think a draw, but... hopefully we'll have new manager syndrome and give them a good beating.

I can't chuffin' wait for this game now. Probably too early for Houllier to make any sort of an impact but you can't help being optimistic.

This looking forward to it...Although we shouldn't judge him on his first game as I know many on here will do :lol: