Match thread

limpid

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically both our fullbacks are smallish so I wouldn't drop Luke...instead would put Carlos in there so we know for the throw ins we have Carlos, Collins and Dunney all to head the ball away.

Alternatively, put Carlos back in at RB, switch Luke to the left and push Warnock on to left midfield and drop Downing.

Considering the average height in this country is 5ft 9" anything below i say is smallish but 5ft 10" is a decent height gabby,Tyson was 5ft 11"

I personally know plenty of shit 6ft plus footballers and plenty of excellent less than 5ft 9"....generally 6ft players are slower than smaller players thats why 10 messi ot 10 crouches in a team would never work,so we wouldnt sign ashley cole because he is to small to play for Villa ?

Basically both our fullbacks are smallish so I wouldn't drop Luke...instead would put Carlos in there so we know for the throw ins we have Carlos, Collins and Dunney all to head the ball away.

Alternatively, put Carlos back in at RB, switch Luke to the left and push Warnock on to left midfield and drop Downing.

Considering the average height in this country is 5ft 9" anything below i say is smallish but 5ft 10" is a decent height gabby,Tyson was 5ft 11"

I personally know plenty of shit 6ft plus footballers and plenty of excellent less than 5ft 9"....generally 6ft players are slower than smaller players thats why 10 messi ot 10 crouches in a team would never work,so we wouldnt sign ashley cole because he is to small to play for Villa ?

He's talking about the average height of the Stoke team though, which is considerably taller. And he didn't say too small to play for Villa. He said we need tall players to play against Stoke because of the size of them and way they play.

Not massively controversial I don't think.

It'll be 1-1. I don't think we should start with Albrighton away at Stoke to be honest. I'd go with Young on the wing and if fit Gabby and Carew up front. Reo and Petrov in centre.

Also this is one of those games where you play Cuellar at right back. Put out a team to beat Stoke, pick the best players to do the job.

Breaking news is that we won't be the only team with an absent manager this evening, Tony Pullis is reported to not be attending the game for family reasons. A Premier League first I'd imagine.

I hope there is something in that (I mean, hope it's not family related and problem with the club)

got him next manager to go, £5 at 28/1 :lol:

Breaking news is that we won't be the only team with an absent manager this evening, Tony Pullis is reported to not be attending the game for family reasons. A Premier League first I'd imagine.

I hope there is something in that (I mean, hope it's not family related and problem with the club)

Very unlikely, he has a very strong relationship with the Coates family. Just don't see them falling out any time soon especially after backing him so much this summer.

Very unlikely, he has a very strong relationship with the Coates family. Just don't see them falling out any time soon especially after backing him so much this summer.

I know, hence why it's low odds but they lost their first 3 games of the season so hopefully a loss tonight and a poor run of form and a bit of luck with no other manager's going, they might feel a change is needed!

I don't expect him next manager to go, Mancini or Grant, I don't even think Pulis will go this season but I thought 'why not'...

should be interesting game tonight.

Can't see there being many goals, I think we'll lose 2-0 though.